Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all it takes is a 2 pick downgrade to lock Cerra away early, do it.

Push until the final hour for 29 for SPS, 36 absolute latest and flip 61 to Dogs for Young. Maybe a future late swap if required.

27 and 29/36 a decent duo of picks to hit a slider and KPD in the 2nd round.
27 + 29 for pick 16 or something? Trade F2 for second this year.

Austin and the majority of the fan base appear to just accept Freo's request. We don't negotiate hard enough. Look at the Eagles. I bet they flew SPS to WA made it look like a done deal and said there is 52 or GAGF. Austin re Cerra should have the balls to at worst offer pick 6 at with a time limit, if it is not met split the picks, offer 1 later pick and if that is rejected walk him to the draft. Freo will not lose Cerra for nothing. Carlton's downside if Cerra is drafted by someone else is we get a top 10 pick, upside is a top 10 pick and Cerra for donuts. Sorry, I realise cerra's potential to improve us but Carlton is a push over in a negotiation

Damm when were all these trades done and we got reamed i must have missed it ?

It must be said that we are in the middle of the trade period where we would normally have our best ITKs (🦇) giving us info on who’s going and coming however we haven’t heard a word plus not a mention on the incoming assistants just named.I must say that’s extremely refreshing.It just seems that the club is very tight knit with such a positive vibe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

How is he a culture poison?? Which club has he destroyed??
Not having a crack as I respect a lot of your posts, but I'm interested to know why you disagreed on my reply to your questions above?
Do you think the potential reward of getting him in as a goal kicker is greater than the risk of him ******* up at our club?
Or do you just believe in giving him a chance to redeem himself.

I might be too harsh, but I just don't want to see someone who repeatedly and continually *s up, coming in to our club whilst we are trying to get everyone to buy in and work hard. Surely you can see that?

To me, the risk of getting in someone like that - with zero respect for the club the play at - is a massive risk, just because he kicked a few goals in the finals.

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes the 2nd or 3rd round pick in addition to pick 6, we give away for Cerra more valuable. This is the year picks in the 30s and 40s are more likely to rapidly develop and become top 10 in their draft.
Cerra, SPS both uncontracted top 10 picks compare the negotiation tactics of Carlton and Freo
The seconded rounder is a pick swap (drop back 2 picks). And we don't have a 3rd so that would be a future.

So that's a No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not having a crack as I respect a lot of your posts, but I'm interested to know why you disagreed on my reply to your questions above?
Do you think the potential reward of getting him in as a goal kicker is greater than the risk of him F#cking up at our club?
Or do you just believe in giving him a chance to redeem himself.

I might be too harsh, but I just don't want to see someone who repeatedly and continually fu**s up, coming in to our club whilst we are trying to get everyone to buy in and work hard. Surely you can see that?

To me, the risk of getting in someone like that - with zero respect for the club the play at - is a massive risk, just because he kicked a few goals in the finals.
I’m not denying his made mistakes, but by all reports this year he has made a lot of improvements and the way he has conducted himself this year has been by all reports as professional. People are often quick to judge people by the mistakes they make without really understanding the circumstances that are surrounding them during those decisions. I think he deserves a chance, if has the right support around him and it was reported in the last couple days his moving in with his cousin (Eddie who can provide that crucial support and mentorship) I feel he can really flourish given the right opportunity. Some of the greats in our game - Dusty Martin, Stevie Johnson also made horrible mistakes in their early days but were given another chance and look how that turned out ... i just hated with your wording in all due respect that his a culture poison, I thought that was too far

Just watched draft day on Foxtel. not word for word just paraphrasing.
King stood up for us, can see us winning 11 or 12 games next year, will be hard to make finals while learning a new game plan but anything is possible.
He also went on to say
With that sought of pick Eagles are offering for SPS you'd expect to get a hundred games out of them, will they get that well I don't know.

Nearly spat my green tea out When Ralphy said
St Kilda would have been better of keeping Newnes, rather than paying Hill an extra 700k per season for the same output.

I’m not denying his made mistakes, but by all reports this year he has made a lot of improvements and the way he has conducted himself this year has been by all reports as professional. People are often quick to judge people by the mistakes they make without really understanding the circumstances that are surrounding them during those decisions. I think he deserves a chance, if has the right support around him and it was reported in the last couple days his moving in with his cousin (Eddie who can provide that crucial support and mentorship) I feel he can really flourish given the right opportunity. Some of the greats in our game - Dusty Martin, Stevie Johnson also made horrible mistakes in their early days but were given another chance and look how that turned out ... i just hated with your wording in all due respect that his a culture poison, I thought that was too far
Fair enough. Maybe you are right - Culture Poison is probably a bit too strong - but our club already has a crap culture which we are only just starting to address and rectify - so it's what I fear the most happening.
I'm all about redemption, but I'm also weary of those who don't learn and continue to repeat the same mistakes.
I hope he does turn it around - and I think Geelong are looking at him at present - so I sincerely hope they pick him up and he makes a good go of it, but where our club is at present (after years/decades of getting it wrong) we really need to get it right.
Cheers for replying.

Austin and the majority of the fan base appear to just accept Freo's request. We don't negotiate hard enough. Look at the Eagles. I bet they flew SPS to WA made it look like a done deal and said there is 52 or GAGF. Austin re Cerra should have the balls to at worst offer pick 6 at with a time limit, if it is not met split the picks, offer 1 later pick and if that is rejected walk him to the draft. Freo will not lose Cerra for nothing. Carlton's downside if Cerra is drafted by someone else is we get a top 10 pick, upside is a top 10 pick and Cerra for donuts. Sorry, I realise cerra's potential to improve us but Carlton is a push over in a negotiation

all this, for a second round pick downgrade :think:

It must be said that we are in the middle of the trade period where we would normally have our best ITKs (🦇) giving us info on who’s going and coming however we haven’t heard a word plus not a mention on the incoming assistants just named.I must say that’s extremely refreshing.It just seems that the club is very tight knit with such a positive vibe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My F9 key is very happy at this development.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fair enough. Maybe you are right - Culture Poison is probably a bit too strong - but our club already has a crap culture which we are only just starting to address and rectify - so it's what I fear the most happening.
I'm all about redemption, but I'm also weary of those who don't learn and continue to repeat the same mistakes.
I hope he does turn it around - and I think Geelong are looking at him at present - so I sincerely hope they pick him up and he makes a good go of it, but where our club is at present (after years/decades of getting it wrong) we really need to get it right.
Cheers for replying.
Find the root of what was causing these issues, provide the right systems and support group around him that will help him to succeed. That’s called leadership, and if we were to give him a chance and he flourishes that shows me as a club we have changed and improved. Brian Cook is huge on putting people in place and providing leadership and making others better. This is a great opportunity to help someone who has had their issues in the past, who wants to redeem them self and give them the chance to grow and learn from their mistakes to be the best person they can possibly be

PS - I didn't know he was Eddie's cousin.
If anyone can sort him out, it will be Eddie, as he is the prime example of a troubled youth who turned it himself around.
Yeah maybe I'm being unnecessarily harsh.

King stood up for us, can see us winning 11 or 12 games next year, will be hard to make finals while learning a new game plan but anything is possible.
We drastically failed this year so we must make up for it. The same goal stands, 13 wins out of 22 games which puts us at about 6th-8th. That should be the benchmark next year.

He also went on to say
With that sought of pick Eagles are offering for SPS you'd expect to get a hundred games out of them, will they get that well I don't know.

St Kilda would have been better of keeping Newnes, rather than paying Hill an extra 700k per season for the same output.

Is King expecting WC to give us a second rounder for SPS now?

He also went on to say

King and Montagna were very complimentary of our list. Both said that our list is in the sweet spot. Montagns "they should be really bullish, I think that they have done a great job with their list profile".

King said that our season was actually better than it looked as the game plan was terrible "that's the previous coaching, and they've been moved on for these reasons so we're not talking out of school".

As expected Jon Ralph and Tom Morris added nothing of any consequence. At one stage Tom Morris noted that we should expect to play finals having finished 9th this year.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back