Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
It said nothing.
thanked Adam saad for three years of footy. Whoopsi doo.
the club leaks info about Adam and then denies it.
what absolute unadulterated crap.
i think a video like this would be more useful and honest after trade season is done.
absolutely uninspiring

Looks like he might've had words with Peter Ryan as well, although for the most part it mirrors the member video.

Brasher will interview about 30 people across all areas of the department including players, coaches and football staff in what he describes as a "deep, fact-finding exercise" to separate fact from fiction and set the club on a course for success after another poor season in 2020 when they won just one game after round eight to finish 13th.

Brasher, the club's new president, told The Age those questioned would be asked "what they like about what the club is doing, what is not going well and what do we need to improve on to give you the best chance of success" within a structured discussion that will focus on the issues the club needs to concentrate on.

"We as a club have got a responsibility to help more players grow their leadership responsibilities and that is something we are going to be concentrating on to a greater extent," Brasher said.

"All of us whether it be 'Truck' [Ben Rutten], whether it be Dyson [Heppell], whether it be the young guys coming through, I think there is going to be a concentration on thinking what does every individual need to help them develop and how can we do that in a way that is going to give them the best chance [of success]."

I notice he refers to the players as Joey, Raz...

To me that tells me he's coming in as a fan also , not just a business guy
Or he knows he’s talking to fans and speaks accordingly, kind of like referring to your wife as “Mum” when talking to your kids

Or he knows he’s talking to fans and speaks accordingly, kind of like referring to your wife as “Mum” when talking to your kids

I can say he is a Bomber supporter first and foremost. :cool:

I may have missed it but has Brasher acknowledged the calls for an external review of the club anywhere?

Surely the insight that would come with a review would help the club get back to the top - or are we thinking that conversations between say Brasher and Dodoro will give us a best practice recruiting department for example?

Surely without some sort of review there's the insular element of Essendon people talking to Essendon people at play again. What's the problem with conducting one? Could it be the cost? Expose too much poor governance?

What concerns me is that Brasher has been on the board for 8 years or so and must at least in part be responsible for the mediocrity we’ve revelled in over that time.

So here he is, going around asking questions of people and systems put in place during his tenure, he’s essentially auditing his own work. If he finds something bad that he is ultimately responsible for there would be a huge temptation to sweep it under the rug or simply refuse to acknowledge it as a problem. He is also subject to his own biases and passion for the club. Passion is great but it can lead to tunnel vision. This is why I think it is critical we get an independent set of eyes to conduct the review and otherwise we’re a big chance of wasting a golden opportunity for a transformation of the club.

I may have missed it but has Brasher acknowledged the calls for an external review of the club anywhere?

Surely the insight that would come with a review would help the club get back to the top - or are we thinking that conversations between say Brasher and Dodoro will give us a best practice recruiting department for example?

Surely without some sort of review there's the insular element of Essendon people talking to Essendon people at play again. What's the problem with conducting one? Could it be the cost? Expose too much poor governance?
Looks like he is conducting the review himself. I don't think it would hurt to get someone from outside in for another set of non-Essendon eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like he is conducting the review himself. I don't think it would hurt to get someone from outside in for another set of non-Essendon eyes.
I would like a thorough independent review. I could understand in the current climate why the club may not want the media circus of one however given they want Rutten to feel supported in his 1st year.

If there is a way to quietly do a thorough independent review great. I don’t need to hear about it, but I want it to happen. I doubt that’s the case though.

I would like a thorough independent review. I could understand in the current climate why the club may not want the media circus of one however given they want Rutten to feel supported in his 1st year.

If there is a way to quietly do a thorough independent review great. I don’t need to hear about it, but I want it to happen. I doubt that’s the case though.
It is easy to say do get an outside-in analysis. But this could cost the club a heap of money that we don't have, or if we do but is better spent elsewhere. You know, a lot of these consultants will simply tell you what you already know. In my work I often hear the sayings about consultants "ask for your watch and then tell you the time". In my experience this is absolutely true. What is absolutely necessary, however, is that whoever is doing this review that they take the advice seriously, don't make it personal, be transparent about the findings and then undertake some / all of the recommendations in a systematic and cohesive manner. External reviews are completely useless if the Board don't act on the advice, or if they use it as a mandate to run their own agenda.

is anyone else not getting the members emails? first I did'nt get the members survey, now I havent got the Brashjer XXX uncut VID?

Probably in your Junk Email box, the same place you'll find our 2020 season.

Right now cost but also timing. Personally I think the best time to do an external review will be after next season if similar issues exist. I am not always a fan of external reviews anyway. The last one we did gave ASADA and WADA all the evidence they needed to convict us. Adelaide's external review did nothing for them either.
On top of that it looks like they already have an idea of what has been going wrong.

It is easy to say do get an outside-in analysis. But this could cost the club a heap of money that we don't have, or if we do but is better spent elsewhere. You know, a lot of these consultants will simply tell you what you already know. In my work I often hear the sayings about consultants "ask for your watch and then tell you the time". In my experience this is absolutely true. What is absolutely necessary, however, is that whoever is doing this review that they take the advice seriously, don't make it personal, be transparent about the findings and then undertake some / all of the recommendations in a systematic and cohesive manner. External reviews are completely useless if the Board don't act on the advice, or if they use it as a mandate to run their own agenda.
I’m not talking about professional consulting companies who basically run through a cookie cutter checklist without using their brains like telemarketers reading scripts. I don’t want them either.

I want a couple of knowledgeable external football people who know what successful setups look like and have held senior positions. Dunstall is someone I respect. Roos could be good and maybe someone from a list management and recruiting background.

Let them go through every area of the club they want to, ask any questions and interview anyone. Then listen to what they recommend.

I’m not talking about professional consulting companies who basically run through a cookie cutter checklist without using their brains like telemarketers reading scripts. I don’t want them either.

I want a couple of knowledgeable external football people who know what successful setups look like and have held senior positions. Dunstall is someone I respect. Roos could be good and maybe someone from a list management and recruiting background.

Let them go through every area of the club they want to, ask any questions and interview anyone. Then listen to what they recommend.
Few comments around that the Adelaide external review which Dunstall was a part of was not great.

Right now cost but also timing. Personally I think the best time to do an external review will be after next season if similar issues exist. I am not always a fan of external reviews anyway. The last one we did gave ASADA and WADA all the evidence they needed to convict us. Adelaide's external review did nothing for them either.
On top of that it looks like they already have an idea of what has been going wrong.
I think if it’s handled respectfully then why wait?

We really don’t know whether Adelaide implemented all the recommendations and/or if it did help. Maybe they’d be even worse without it.

Probably in your Junk Email box, the same place you'll find our 2020 season.

I checked, found this

Dear Beloved friend

I know this message will come to you as a surprised but permit me my desire to go I to business relationship with you

I am Mr Brasher son of Nigerian prince, my late father came into the sum of 20000000000000000000000000 dollars which he deposited in a bank account in Australia for safe keepings

I am here to asking for an avenue to transfering the money via coaterie memberships of the outstanding footballs club of Essington town

If helping me I offer you you the sum of 3 wins next year but also the win of tradings week

Your immediate response is appreciate

I'm considering it, seems a nice chap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back