Bolton robbed

Remove this Banner Ad

Mihocek got 51% and Bolton 41% of the vote. The real question is who are the nuffies that didn't vote for either? Own up in here!

Wouldn't say robbed. It's more of a MacGill getting picked over Warne type situation.

Both speccies were great. I probably appreciate Mihocek's slightly more from a technical standpoint, but there's always extra points for doing it in the goal square. Bolton landing on his feet from such a height is pretty cool too.

I'm pretty sure I'm not upset that it was against my team, but Bolton's mark... I dunno, I was a bit like "Yeah, great grab" no worries if it was mark of the year, but I just didn't see it in the "Give him the car now" class and the talk during the game about it being the mark of the decade had me genuinely befuddled... I must be missing something.

I'm pretty sure I'm not upset that it was against my team, but Bolton's mark... I dunno, I was a bit like "Yeah, great grab" no worries if it was mark of the year, but I just didn't see it in the "Give him the car now" class and the talk during the game about it being the mark of the decade had me genuinely befuddled... I must be missing something.

100% agree. Of course it was a great mark but it was not the all time classic like some people are banging on about.
It looked better as still photos than on video.

Absolutely absurd that Bolton should lose out to a Mark that is taken at training every Tuesday night! They practice that stuff, I'm a Catman and even with my bias I could see that Bolton's Mark was a great one. not to be recognised is just plain dumb! Never let the fans judge anything!

Alex Keath’s mark criminally under-rated in this conversation. I have Bolton’s above Mihocek’s on the spectacular scale and probably degree of difficulty, given he was outnumbered and the opponents had as good a look at it as he did. But Keath went very early to put McKay out of the contest and to hang long enough to take the mark from there was a tremendous effort.

All three great grabs though.

I'm guessing it's also the momentum he's been building in the last few weeks where he has really emerged as a superstar, culminating in that mark

It was a massive moment but unfortunately for Shai a bit of a turning point as they got thrashed and then he got bashed

Only reason why it's in mark of the decade conversation is because there's only been 2 years in this decade. Even still it was better than Walsh's mark which one last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mihocek got 51% and Bolton 41% of the vote. The real question is who are the nuffies that didn't vote for either? Own up in here!
Flawed system,should not be down to fans,ridiculous system,diabolical.

I did not know it goes to a fan’s vote otherwise I would have voted but saying people who don’t vote on a website are nuffies is silly.

Should be voted by a panel of ex forwards who played AFL.

AFL at fault here but he can still win MOTY.

Bolton's mark wasn't as good as it's been hyped imo. The still of it looks crazy but if he didn't stick his leg up it wouldn't look as good. He got a good ride but so did Mihocek. Mihocek also took it in his hands and held onto it despite landing on his back.

Pretty close so I don't know what the fuss is about.

Cant see a thread on it but Bolton didn’t even win mark of the round this week.

Most people were saying that’s a lock for MOTY and it didn’t even win the round.

I believe he is automatically out of the running for MOTY now.
The system is wrong and if that mark is excluded then a massive rethink is needed.

Similar thing happened to Jeremy Howe, happy with a voters choice award but should be judged impartially going forward.

Edit, Good to see that Boltons mark will be included unless there are 5 better coming.

Last edited:
Richmond has more supporter's then Collingwood at last count
Problem is, Richmond was soundly beaten last week, and we all know Tigers supporters retreat into the woodwork when the team loses

Problem is, Richmond was soundly beaten last week, and we all know Tigers supporters retreat into the woodwork silverware when the team loses

Fixed that up for you St. Silverware mate, we retreat into the silverware when we lose. We haven’t won any woodwork for years, you must be thinking of the Blues. 😎

It's MOTY, not the Brownlow. It's exactly the sort of thing you want fans voting on. They've got the contingency if enough fans don't vote for a great mark or if there's more than one great mark in a round. If you're that invested in it, vote and work to convince others to do so too.

Flawed system,should not be down to fans,ridiculous system,diabolical.

I did not know it goes to a fan’s vote otherwise I would have voted but saying people who don’t vote on a website are nuffies is silly.

Should be voted by a panel of ex forwards who played AFL.

AFL at fault here but he can still win MOTY.

We are everyone's mark of the year grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back