Roast St Kilda robbed of home final

Remove this Banner Ad

Stadium Australia is not a viable option anymore.
NSW clubs are scheduled at the most appropriate stadium in NSW - it was SA, but now is SCG or Giants.
VIC clubs are scheduled at the most appropriate stadium in VIC - this is the MCG.
WA clubs are scheduled at the most appripriate stadium in WA - Optus.
Only time when a VIC final wont be at the MCG is if all 4 finals are due to be scheduled in VIC in week1. Then the game with least anticipated crowd demand will be shunted to a smaller stadium.
All a team is entitled to is having the AFL scheduled a game in your state.
You're wasting your time, doppleganger

Taper is not attempting to have any discussion about this in good faith.

Taper doesn't care what people say in reply, no matter informative, no matter how convincing their argument is.

This is just grass-roots campaigning (rabble-rousing) to convince people that Victorian teams deserve to have their "home" ground advantage in finals just like the non-Victorian teams.

A noisy contingent of Geelong fans started squealing about this ever since their stadium was slated for an upgrade years ago.
It was no surprise to me the thread-starter was a Cats fan. I knew it before I even opened the thread.

Some of these Geelong folks don't care about finals tradition, nor getting the most number of paying spectators along to see the showpiece games. What they want is a magic carpet ride on their "cheat ground" through the H&A season, through September, all the way past the Prelim Final (next time they finish in the top 4)

Weak as piss. Handbaggers.

I don't get the beef people have with Docklands, I reckon it's a great stadium and experience.

You can get a good seat to actually view the game clearly, everywhere in the place.

It's far easier for most of Vic country folks to get to on PT (sorry Gippsland folk, just another couple of stops).

If it's raining, no worries. Roof closed.

Better seats, as in comfort wise.

The medallion club is wayyyyy better than the MCG too.

I'm a fan. We are very lucky in Victoria to have two great, different offerings IMO.
Agree, I like Docklands, but if you're complaining the G is cold...

Stadium Australia is not a viable option anymore.

NSW clubs are scheduled at the most appropriate stadium in NSW - it was SA, but now is SCG or Giants.

VIC clubs are scheduled at the most appropriate stadium in VIC - this is the MCG.

WA clubs are scheduled at the most appripriate stadium in WA - Optus.

Only time when a VIC final wont be at the MCG is if all 4 finals are due to be scheduled in VIC in week1. Then the game with least anticipated crowd demand will be shunted to a smaller stadium.

All a team is entitled to is having the AFL scheduled a game in your state.
Every club plays home finals in their home city except Geelong.
No way do Richmond beat us in the 2017 qualifying final if played at Kardinia Park.
You're wasting your time, doppleganger

Taper is not attempting to have any discussion about this in good faith.

Taper doesn't care what people say in reply, no matter informative, no matter how convincing their argument is.

This is just grass-roots campaigning (rabble-rousing) to convince people that Victorian teams deserve to have their "home" ground advantage in finals just like the non-Victorian teams.

A noisy contingent of Geelong fans started squealing about this ever since their stadium was slated for an upgrade years ago.
It was no surprise to me the thread-starter was a Cats fan. I knew it before I even opened the thread.

Some of these Geelong folks don't care about finals tradition, nor getting the most number of paying spectators along to see the showpiece games. What they want is a magic carpet ride on their "cheat ground" through the H&A season, through September, all the way past the Prelim Final (next time they finish in the top 4)

Weak as piss. Handbaggers.
We're only going to get more stadium upgrades in the future too.
Marginal electorate equals politicians funding upgrades for our stadium so they can get votes.
Expect the noise from the club and its supporters to get louder.

No way do Richmond beat us in the 2017 qualifying final if played at Kardinia Park.

Marginal electorate equals politicians funding upgrades for our stadium so they can get votes.
At least now, you're being honest. You're not being weaselly like earlier in the thread when you squealed "Why are you trying to make this about Geelong?"

There is still the faux concern in your thread title about St Kilda being "robbed of a home final" but now there is more transparency about your motivation to start the thread and to continue posting about this.

It's just a Geelong whinge about playing finals at the MCG.

Pure and simple. That's all this is.

And your whinge isn't limited to Geelong hosting finals versus low-drawing non-Victorian teams such as the Giants or Suns.
Nor is it limited to finals versus ANY of other the non-Vic teams such as Adelaide, Port, Swans, Eagles, etc.

The truth is, you won't be satisfied until Geelong play finals at Kardinia Park vs Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Hawthorn, Melbourne, ... basically everyone...

And then you'll be whinging like the Eagles and Crows nuffies about Geelong's right to play the Grand Final at Kardinia Park if the Cats finish on top of the ladder.

I admire your dedication to your beloved Cats.

It's good to have hope and dreams :thumbsu:

Finals are played at the most appropriate stadium in your state.

All teams including Geelong earn home state finals.

No more, no less.

Yeah, Geelong should be treated like a small nonMelbourne club, and be lucky to get any games in Melbourne at all.

Bump them from MCG blockbusters, send em to Ballarat, Tassie, and NT.

A win for everyone.

Logistically Marvel is probably better, don't see this one pushing 60k even if it's a final (I'm thinking 45-50), but if I was a Saints fan I'd probably prefer they play the G for the experience/a warm up if they're good enough. If they're not then who cares.
68k on a rainy day, would have been 75k on a nice day, great choice by AFL

68k on a rainy day, would have been 75k on a nice day, great choice by AFL
Saints fans didn't have too many opportunities to get super-excited this afternoon. The Giants took the crowd out of the game early on and then they seemed to reply quickly whenever St Kilda scored a goal.

But the crowd's roar for St Kilda's mini run-on before half time was FANTASTIC (and again just before 3/4 time)

It was a great crowd for a Saints v Giants final. 68,000+

TWICE as big as the 35K they would've got for a final at Marvel Stadium

Just illustrates the absolute hold the MCC/Vic Government has over the AFL. All these "bonuses" the AFL gets for playing games at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, The People's Ground, Spring Street's Ground, all the kickbacks, the favours, the "Contractual Arrangements", the Promotion, all the nudge nudge wink winks...... the fact the AFL chooses to have a game that will probably draw less than 50,000 at a half empty stadium over a full stadium that the AFL actually owns and is the home ground of the higher seeded club tells you all you need to know about the spectre of the MCC/Vic Governmet corrupting the competition.
Less than 50k?
They got 68k with crap weather. Would have been about 40k at Marvel

We may have done better at Marvel but no complaints with the MCG being chosen for our final and we got a big enough crowd to justify it.

Just a pity we couldn't put on a better performance but we got some good experience playing a final at the MCG which will be invaluable.

We may have done better at Marvel but no complaints with the MCG being chosen for our final and we got a big enough crowd to justify it.

Just a pity we couldn't put on a better performance but we got some good experience playing a final at the MCG which will be invaluable.
Don't forget to mention the umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back