Bon Jovi 2018 AFL Grand Final entertainment ? Black Eyed Peas confirmed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not to be parochial (no, actually, to be parochial), they should have Australian acts.

Particularly acts that aren't yet famous.

Please, AFL spend the money on John Mayer

The average person doesn't care about his guitar wank, and his hit singles which don't really display his full talents were pretty forgettable and like 15 years ago.

They should be ok.

They’ll play their part, then they’ll play the game.
well done.

not the worst option.
recognisable songs. anthemic and stadium suited.

keep the catalogue to slippery when wet and should be an ok show.
better than Ed Sheeran. or when we had Killing Heidi in 2001 :(

Not to be parochial (no, actually, to be parochial), they should have Australian acts.

Particularly acts that aren't yet famous.
problem is, a lot of local acts these days (the ones established enough to be on a bill this size and play the venue) don't play music that suits an arena this size.

The Killers were good for this reason.
As was Lionel. And meatloaf would have been had his singing not been so....off.

Bon Jovi ticks all the boxes
Safe enough. Recognisable hits. Stadium rock band.

After the success of The Killers I'm surprised it isn't a more modern act, like a Fall Out Boy or something. They have enough mainstream hits, recognition and sport-anthems plus they appeal to the younger audience. But at the end of the day, in AFL the sport is the entertainment so it really isn't ever a big deal who plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question still remains...on what planet does anybody actually think this is required?

I mean...nobody there is going for the pre match entertainment and nobody at home is tuning in to watch Bon Jovi run through a medley of 30 year old pop rock.

If they didn’t have an act one year would anyone notice or care at all?

After the success of The Killers I'm surprised it isn't a more modern act, like a Fall Out Boy or something. They have enough mainstream hits, recognition and sport-anthems plus they appeal to the younger audience. But at the end of the day, in AFL the sport is the entertainment so it really isn't ever a big deal who plays.

I was pulling for the Arctic Monkeys. Same general era as the Killers, recent album release, classic songs. Plenty of 'big game' experience given they did the Olympics Opening Ceremony back in 2012. Would have been perfect.

The difference between The Killers and Fall Out Boy is that The Killers are actually good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back