Norma Lee Ava

He is all of them. And he is one of us.
May 20, 2001
Beetaloo
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferocious Fighting Furies
Others think they have become wealthy due to anything but the luck of when they were born and just dont get it. Its easier to ignore the truth and blame the 'avocado generation' for all their many issues being faced.
Im a Boomer and cant come close to spending mine!
Oh and by the way...retirement is so good I should've done it when I left school.

119others

Premium Platinum
Apr 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your first statement is what I encounter daily dealing with Boomer retirees with 3m-20m so its not news to me.

and I am happy you are enjoying it :)

119others

Premium Platinum
Apr 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
when people say 'boomers have had a free ride' i think that erroneously gets interpreted as if they haven't worked hard - That is obviously not true, in general -

It's supposed to read that no matter how hard the ordinarly layperson of the GenX/Millenial generation work, they'll never be able to accumulate the same amount of capital that boomers did with a comparative work rate

Back in the day a single income could bring up an entire family while the Mum stayed at home

these days dual incomes are barely enough to pay the child care rates
this is the most bang on post i have read in this thread - well done mate.

119others

Premium Platinum
Apr 19, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
inflation. The term you seem to be searching for on this long meandering trip down memory lane is inflation.
AND the most ridiculous thing of all. Inflation, the quarterly published CPI data from the ABS does NOT COVER the cost of the rise in existing house prices.

Think about it. The biggest expense any (or at least vast majority) of any family has is buying a home - normally existing dwelling and the MASSIVE RISES in EXISTING DWELLINGS over 30-40 years has NOT been captured in CPI (inflation data). Thats right, Sydney house prices up 40 x in 45 years has NEVER been captured in inflation data.

Along with the unemployment definition (working one hour per week and you are deemed employed in this country) , the CPI data is also next to useless for the above reasons.

Vhaluus

Brownlow Medallist
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
AND the most ridiculous thing of all. Inflation, the quarterly published CPI data from the ABS does NOT COVER the cost of the rise in existing house prices.

Think about it. The biggest expense any (or at least vast majority) of any family has is buying a home - normally existing dwelling and the MASSIVE RISES in EXISTING DWELLINGS over 30-40 years has NOT been captured in CPI (inflation data). Thats right, Sydney house prices up 40 x in 45 years has NEVER been captured in inflation data.

Along with the unemployment definition (working one hour per week and you are deemed employed in this country) , the CPI data is also next to useless for the above reasons.
Oh don't get me wrong I'm in 100% agreement with you, I was just supplying the word for her essay with the argument of 'hmmm things get more expensive over time I guess?'

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom