Review Brad Crouch and others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Also provides more than Brad, and has never not provided more than Brad. Even wearing a hard tag Sloane still impacts the game more than Brad. I'm really not sure who you're trying to convince more with that argument, me, or yourself.
V hawks
Sloane 23 touches and 7 tackles.
Brad 29 touches and 11 tackles

V saints
Sloane 14 touches 4 tackles
Brad 24 and 8

But yeah, Sloane "has never not provided more than Brad"
I know, stats don't count!

Ridiculous thread. He's not dominating but at least he cracks in. He isn't fit (saw him clutching his foot on the sidelines at the Saints game and speaking to physics). Get another preseason to get his pace back and another 20 games and we will be onto a winner.

Same excuse, year after year, it's never that he's just not very good, it's the fitness which is the problem, which also isn't his fault, just keep playing him through, he only needs another 20 games and another preseason and he'll be tearing games apart.

If he's not fit now, he's never going to be fit. Do the smart thing like Gold Coast did with O'Meara, eject him for the best pick we can get and let another team gamble on reviving his fizzled career.

to be honest, i can understand some of the anger here. we gotta be careful so that we dont throw a blanket over everything. one thing brad does have is time on his side.

some things we are witnessing are just symptoms of a much larger problem. if theres anything we should learn, is that lyons, bernie vince, dangerfield, henderson and others playing decent and better football than they were here, should give us pause when looking to find the root causes to issues.

in saying that, i dont believe anyone is off limits when it comes to trading.

V hawks
Sloane 23 touches and 7 tackles.
Brad 29 touches and 11 tackles

V saints
Sloane 14 touches 4 tackles
Brad 24 and 8

But yeah, Sloane "has never not provided more than Brad"
I know, stats don't count!

I'm going to request Drugs Are Bad Mackay? change the background image of this board to a giant sign with flashing neon letters that say "NUMBERS NEED CONTEXT"

When you take the numbers into context, by atually observing the amount of impact they have on the game rather than just reading a stats sheet after the game like a bad show host on SEN or MMM, 20 disposals from a heavily tagged Sloane are worth 80 disposals from Brad. Hell, even 20 Matt Crouch disposals are about the same as 30 Brad Crouch ones right now.

Last edited:
I'm going to request Drugs Are Bad Mackay? change the background image of this board to a giant sign with flashing neon letters that say "NUMBERS NEED CONTEXT"

When you take the numbers into context, by atually observing the amount of impact they have on the game rather than just reading a stats sheet after the game like a bad show host on SEN or MMM, 20 disposals from a heavily tagged Sloane are worth 80 disposals from Brad. Hell, even 20 Matt Crouch disposals are about the same as 30 Brad Crouch ones right now.
I agree - those stats are completely out of context:rolleyes:

Not a lot of substance to this comment! It's the vibe.. Mabo.

Haha your small mind is fizzling thats for sure. Unhinged describes you well.

Here come the white knights, ignoring reality to save the fantasy, same old same old
These Brad rants are the exact same ramblings you used to give about Matt just substitute a few key words - no good - bog average - will never improve - cant kick - opposition let him get the ball :)

No wonder your opinion is laughed at your a joke with a family vendetta.

You lot are hilarious. I've been right the whole time, but you've been pumping up these players based on nothing but club propaganda so long you can't even see the reality anymore. The amount of excuses you twist yourselves into coming up with for why we still continue to play utter s**t with these 'bonafide supertars' in our side "carrying the midfield" is absurd.

By all mean though, head back to the selection threads and lambast the club for selecting a poorly performing David Mackay while simultaneously lashing out at anyone who thinks a poorly performing Brad Crouch ought to be traded for the same reasons.

Gotta give Bugs credit, he's usually very quiet after the brothers play a good game, and even moreso when they stand up in the last and win it.

Gotta give Bugs credit, he's usually very quiet after the brothers play a good game, and even moreso when they stand up in the last and win it.

It's disappointing that you need to keep inventing things to cover for Brad. He was poor yesterday, and only the blindly loyal think he "stood up" in the last quarter and was anything but an anchor as he turned to ball over repeatedly.

Brad's considerably poor play is a large part of why Carlton got remotely close to us in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pulled from the match review thread for relevance

Sorry you are clearly wrong. I read this post and initially thought either I am totally wrong in my assessment of Brouch in general or your post is nonsense.
I have re watched the last quarter and took notes of Brads contribution.

1 kick forward
Missed shot on goal.
replaced by Greenwood in the center
handball
kick forward
blind handball
poor kick turnover
DROPPED MARK bad handball
wrapped up in tackle hand balled to no one.
Not sighted in last 3 minutes of play (maybe on the bench)

Please anyone feel free to dispute this but ill be interested to see where Brad won the game in the last quarter.

His brother was much more involved in the play but had a terrible disposal that resulted in a goal for Carlton.
He was good after this.
I know the commentators (Healey i think) made a point about the Crouches winning the game but they must be going purely off the stats .
Thats the only thing I can think of.

Pulled from the match review thread for relevance
I Answered that one, and Huntercrow was wrong,
It funny how you always look for the bad but never look at the good,
Here a quote for you
"On Saturday, Brad amassed an equal-game high 30 possessions, six clearances and five inside 50ms, gained 537 metres (behind only Brodie Smith for the game) and laid 10 tackles among a team-leading 29 pressure acts."

Several Vic base radio station named him in their best, TV media, Print media, rated him in there best. yet a certain few did not their game at all.
You would have travel far and wide to find many that were at the game not rate his game. Yet you persist,
Sat game is not the game I would use to knock Brad Crouch far from it. And for to continue on highlights you dislike for the person and does nothing to help your argument about the Crouch brothers.

It's disappointing that you need to keep inventing things to cover for Brad. He was poor yesterday, and only the blindly loyal think he "stood up" in the last quarter and was anything but an anchor as he turned to ball over repeatedly.

Brad's considerably poor play is a large part of why Carlton got remotely close to us in the first place.
Crouch brothers along with Smith and Jenkins dragged us to a valuable win after being headed at the MCG.

Hope you enjoyed it :)

Look you are coming off as a complete idiot, he was good and Douglas was crap. You're judgement is way off.

Crouch brothers along with Smith and Jenkins dragged us to a valuable win after being headed at the MCG.

Hope you enjoyed it :)

There was nothing to enjoy about just barely scraping a win against the team 15th on the ladder after they crushed our midfield. Far too many of you are far too easily pleased by the mediocrity displayed by the 'top' half the club, while railing endlessly about how much the mediocrity of a handful of people near the bottom is dragging everyone down.

There was nothing to enjoy about just barely scraping a win against the team 15th on the ladder after they crushed our midfield. Far too many of you are far too easily pleased by the mediocrity displayed by the 'top' half the club, while railing endlessly about how much the mediocrity of a handful of people near the bottom is dragging everyone down.
Did you feel any joy when Matt Crouch snapped truly around his body to put us in front? Great goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back