Recommitted Brayden Sier [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't envy Buckley having to leave him out, because there's no easy way to fit them all in, but it's hard to imagine Sier getting into the side and wanting to stick around unless Pendles takes a premature bullet at the end of the season. Whoever gets him will be very fortunate. Hawthorn really should be in his ear already.
Buckley doesn't really have a choice in leaving him out - he's spent the vast majority of the start of the season injured.

how many games has walsh played mate?

8 more than Sier played in his first two seasons....Would you take Sier ahead of Walsh? Would any of the clubs?

I maintain the view that suggesting Sier would be our 2nd best mid is ridiculous. And I'll end on that note, I don't enjoy pissing contests.

Is he hurt atm? Bucks went with Willis over him which is not a great sign if he is fit..

Best 22 in a gf to not best 25?

My personal opinion, but there’s only 4 players(De GOEY, Moore, Grundy, Stephenson) on the Pies list that are more important to Collingwood’s future than Sier. He has superstar potential.

I would be extremely disappointed to lose him.

Is he hurt atm? Bucks went with Willis over him which is not a great sign if he is fit..

You go from asking a question to automatically assuming he's on the outer.

He's had injury issues for the past two or three months. Last week was his first VFL game since the second round of the VFL season (which in turn was his first VFL game). So the bloke has played two games of footy in two months, and not consecutively either.

You go from asking a question to automatically assuming he's on the outer.

He's had injury issues for the past two or three months. Last week was his first VFL game since the second round of the VFL season (which in turn was his first VFL game). So the bloke has played two games of footy in two months, and not consecutively either.

Yarn...

He would actually be a very good fit at Richmond

With Brandon Ellis likely to leave i wouldnt be against trading the compo pick to the pies for him as he fits a need. Im thinking it will probably be a band 3 compo which wouldbe roughly #20-#25

Fisher, Walsh. I mean the guy's played a dozen games. A dozen very good games, but a dozen games.
He’s a better inside ball winner than both those you mentioned. Walsh looks a better all purpose midfield prospect agreed.

Sure would instantly take that inside mid possie that Setterfield and Kennedy struggle with. An upgrade on both and releases Ed Curnow to more of a half forward role where he’s more potent up forward. Would be a great get for the blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a better inside ball winner than both those you mentioned. Walsh looks a better all purpose midfield prospect agreed.

Sure would instantly take that inside mid possie that Setterfield and Kennedy struggle with. An upgrade on both and releases Ed Curnow to more of a half forward role where he’s more potent up forward. Would be a great get for the blues.

I don’t think Setterfield and Kennedy struggle at the inside midfield position?

Setterfield has only played 6 games or so but is very highly rated and looks to fit in at AFL level at this stage in his career.

That being said; SOS was a big fan of Sier when he was playing at Marcellin.

I don’t think Setterfield and Kennedy struggle at the inside midfield position?

Setterfield has only played 6 games or so but is very highly rated and looks to fit in at AFL level at this stage in his career.

That being said; SOS was a big fan of Sier when he was playing at Marcellin.
Sier is a contested ball beast. Setterfield isn’t a big ball winner and two thirds of his possessions are uncontested. Yet to use his frame to win the ball in the contest like Sier does. Kennedy looks a 2nd tier mid who hopefully is a consistent contributor for Carlton. Every club needs these types.

Coming back from injury. He’ll play his second game back in the VFL tomorrow. If he has a good one expect him to be putting pressure on the likes of Brown and Wills.

My personal opinion, but there’s only 4 players(De GOEY, Moore, Grundy, Stephenson) on the Pies list that are more important to Collingwood’s future than Sier. He has superstar potential.

I would be extremely disappointed to lose him.
Phillips is only 23, Crisp 25 & Trelour 26.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back