Media BREAKING NEWS from the Colosseum - Welcome Akkaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, big things happening at The Colosseum. It'd be ******* exciting to play for the Wonders right now. Luckily, I do, and you can too! Just flick me a message if you would like to join the Wonders. 🥳

BREAKING NEWS

Akkaps joins the Wonders

League stalwart and club whore akkaps has agreed to sign a $7,000 multi year deal with the West Coast Wonders shortly after a heartbreak Grand Final loss to the Gold City Royals in the S30 premiership contest this afternoon. Experts say the akkaps deal had been signed and delivered weeks out before the Swamprats Grand Final loss and they would be correct in that prediction with the Wonders seeking out the veteran early in the season to come and sign for the struggling club, this comes on the back of last weeks signing of new co-captain and ex-Bomber Cadsky.

We caught up with the Swamprat earlier in the week and asked him why he chose the Wonders as his destination going forward.

LG- Welcome to the team. What took you so long to become a Wonder?

Akkaps - I remember when I first joined the league, I always saw the Wonders as the Collingwood of the SFA, a bit up themselves, But as the years have gone past, I can see that was the Golden Years of the Wonders, they actually had everything going for them.

LG - How many seasons do you think you'll last before chasing a spot in the one or two teams you are yet to play for?

Akkaps - I honestly don't know. I'll look at the club leadership and atmosphere; if it's something I want to be around longer I will make the Wonders my home for longer. It could be one season, it could be four. You never know, I may settle at the Wonders or come back to the Wonders after the tour is done.

LG - Which players are you most looking forward to playing with and what excites you about Season 31 as a Wonder?

Akkaps - Does Marklar_33 still play for the Wonders? I'll finally be able to see what all this fuss is about at the Wonders, and what ClarkeM has done to keep the club relevant.

LG - Parma or Parmy?

Akkaps - Parma with Napoli Sauce, mozzarella cheese. No Ham. And chips to the side.

LG - Who would have been your preference for admin in Season 31?

Akkaps - I'm assuming there's a 3 season cut off now, seeing boncer34 took his sweet and merry time in the position. Would love to see Mobbs as admin again, and see what he could league 30 seasons on. It was his brain child, and as long as he continues to stay an active member of the SFA, I would love to see him take some league leadership position.

LG - Who's the most entertaining players from the Games Nights on Discord?

Akkaps - There are heaps of things. Chipmunk's sexy British accent, porp_please_ya laughing at everything, I Dont Care hatred for anything that is not FNQ. I honestly think it's a great way to mingle with people every couple of weeks, and talk about whatever we want to talk about.

LG - Do you even know what our club colours are?

Akkaps - When I joined the league, I thought you were a West Coast Eagles "affiliate" with the colours and the name, and seeing the Furies, Gumbies, Hawks, Bombers, Roys, Demons all had colours matching their AFL counterpart. I'm assuming this came from eagleskickass when the Wonders took the West Coast name all those seasons ago

LG - You're well known for being a squib in Sweet FA Grand Finals; how do you think this will help the Wonders or is it redundant given we're usually packed up by then?

Akkaps - In the 15 seasons that I have played, I have made the Grand Final 6 times, that's a 40% hit rate. I think that's a lot better than the Wonders have been travelling over the past few seasons.

LG - Can you name three players not at the Wonders that you'd love to see come across this off-season with you? Please... we need more ideas for recruits...

Akkaps - Santoz, BLUEALLTHRU, Jobe3votes, and The Majestic

LG - Wise Guy Sam offered you a position at the Wonders when you first joined the league - would you like to say anything to him now that you've finally agreed to join the club you dislike the most?

Akkaps - I remember that conversation with Wise Guy Sam all those years ago, I went with boncer34 at the time. Though I wouldn't have had to wait 14 seasons for my first premiership. If I had gone with WGS's proposal at the time, I may have been a different poster, I may not be a "turncoat flog", but that's not something I can change now.

AKKAPS CAREER TO DATE

GAMES - 270
HITOUTS - 27
KICKS - 1,909
MARKS - 726
HANDBALLS - 1,817
DISPOSALS - 3,726
TACKLES - 413
FREES FOR - 209
FREES AGAINST - 233
GOALS - 177
BEHINDS - 131
DREAM TEAM - 13,921

Unfortunately we have no pics of Akkaps in a Wonders uniform as we've had to keep this one under wraps. Surely though with all these SFA photographers out there, someone can share a pic of Akkaps in a Wonders jumper within the next few days

AKKAPS CAREER TO DATE

GAMES - 270
HITOUTS - 27
KICKS - 1,909
MARKS - 726
HANDBALLS - 1,817
DISPOSALS - 3,726
TACKLES - 413
FREES FOR - 209
FREES AGAINST - 233
GOALS - 177
BEHINDS - 131
DREAM TEAM - 13,921
It's probably worth including the number of clubs akkaps has played in his stats for at this point

It's probably worth including the number of clubs akkaps has played in his stats for at this point
sorry baz. the fact that he has never played for the Wonders actually makes that stat pointless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back