Brett Kirk's cringeworthy intro.

Sounds like a ****ing Labour party speech from Gillard before an election. You can just picture Gillard saying this:

"Australia, I want to give you an insight into the Labour party team. We're a bunch of unique individuals. Swan, Rudd, Albanese, Evans, and myself. We're going to engage with our minds, and our hearts. We're going to exchange our ideas, thoughts and even our energy. To speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest, and authentic.

We are not always going to get it right and sometimes, you are not going to agree with us. But thats ok. Because just like you Australia - WE CARE. Just like you, we are passionate about our country. So if you want to come along for the ride, vote for us at the Labour party, because we just love our country"

Are we sure HameHame didnt discover an old speech and insert a few different words into it?

Wtf was the point of that? The fact is the viewers don't have a choice on who to listen to if they want to watch the game....only 1 TV channel broadcasts each game so it's not like the viewer can think hey I can watch this on another channel with better commentary......:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I suppose you could mute it and turn on the radio.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
It's pretty weird and smacks of your usual gimmicky Ch 7 contrivance, but those using it as an excuse to have a go at Kirk and call his courage/leadership etc into question is a little pathetic, his actions on field were certainly bloody inspirational.

He's about on par with Banfield IMO and still quite a poor fit for the job. Agree with Connolly that Lloyd is extremely underrated and would have been 10 times better than Darcy for instance.

I was actually happy that Seven got the coverage.

Feel like a ****ing idiot now though.

Got the R22, 2004 Showdown on DVD. Channel 9's Sunday Coverage. Cometti, Lyon, Brereton, cameramen and directors in the van who were vaguely familiar with the game of Australian Rules, et al.

How anyone could've wanted to lose that (and the original Fox Footy as it happened) for 7's tripe is beyond me.

Stats Man

All Australian
Jan 14, 2008
Forward pocket
AFL Club
West Coast
Sounds like a ****ing Labour party speech from Gillard before an election. You can just picture Gillard saying this:

"Australia, I want to give you an insight into the Labour party team. We're a bunch of unique individuals. Swan, Rudd, Albanese, Evans, and myself. We're going to engage with our minds, and our hearts. We're going to exchange our ideas, thoughts and even our energy. To speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest, and authentic.

We are not always going to get it right and sometimes, you are not going to agree with us. But thats ok. Because just like you Australia - WE CARE. Just like you, we are passionate about our country. So if you want to come along for the ride, vote for us at the Labour party, because we just love our country"

Are we sure HameHame didnt discover an old speech and insert a few different words into it?

But Hamish doesn't use notes or scripts..

I honestly believe he expected music to be in the background - kind of like a "promo".

You're assuming he wasn't hearing any.

Has the look of a man who has an internal monologue consisting solely of Eye of the Tiger at all times, from charging head-on at Byron Pickett to taking a morning dump while reading the funnies.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
poochy1.jpg

Hello there, Ch7 viewers. I know there's a lot of people who don't like me and wish I would go away.

I think we got off on the wrong foot. I know I can come off a little proactive, and for that I'm sorry.

But if everyone could find a place in their hearts for the little dog that nobody wanted, I know we can make them laugh and cry until we grow old together.

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Was he high on something? I found some other footage of him in an interview and sounds pretty normal in it.

[YOUTUBE]9AGPyeSBeqo[/YOUTUBE]

I suspect someone at 7 stitched him up. lol

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Kirk's just not made for TV. Might've been a great captain but his voice/articulation just isn't for TV. Surely could've found better talent than Kirk. Great player but s**t boundary rider/commentator.
Tend to agree.Having said that Dipper could barely speak English and pretty much looked *ed in front of the camera in his first year and lasted for some time as a boundary rider.So there is hope for Kirk yet.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Although the content of the monologue is, as has been pointed out, more suitable to a New Age Workshop of some kind, it's the dreadful delivery that really makes this terrible.
Awful, awful stuff. Poor bastard, take a leaf out of Jacko's book and keep it simple.

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
It wasn't the best but i didn't hate it. Worst part was the start with the reference to ch 7 commentators. i will say i like Matthews and malthouse as recent coaches. Also richo and ling are good as ex players.

Overall i don't mind 7 commentary but Brian Taylor is their best caller.

Unfortunately we lost the best caller of this era in Clinton grybas

Back