Bring home Stewie.

Remove this Banner Ad

So how can the gold coast methos afford to sack yet another coach. They are an absolute money pit.

So how can the gold coast methos afford to sack yet another coach. They are an absolute money pit.
They, the AFL; change his contact last year to min any sacking payout to $500K regardless of what years were left.

if the Eagles were to ditch their coach, his funny contract rules mean such a payout is about $8M so, he may walk but he will not be sacked.

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Idols Global

I love the whole "We cant afford to sack hinkley with 18 months left on his contract"

GCS did exactly this with Dew and there was no hesitation. Im sure they are not exactly rolling in cash

Gotta be joking. The same rules don't apply for the AFL's pet project. Just like half of Hardwick's salary will be paid by the AFL under the table.

Gold Coast are an abject failure

Not exactly. They serve a purpose as a feeder club for Big Vic. It's just a shame the AFL doesn’t permit transfer fees on trades. The Suns would be rolling in cash under that system.

On another note, there are reports that the grass roots level, AFL is booming in that region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be reading too much into it but wasn't Dew the only player that didn't attend the 04 Premiership reunion? Also coming back from retirement and choosing Hawthorn.

Does he even associate himself with the club.
Probably doesn't want to run in to Teresa Palmer - is she still the celebrity ticket holder?

She probably doesn't want to run in to him either. Bounce her right back to Los Angeles.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

No thanks
Not sure how you could respect a bloke that doesn’t respect himself
I’m not a far shamer (would be hypocritical), but if you work in a high intensity sports industry with training equipment, dieticians, Physios and supplements on tap and are out of shape.

Then you’re a bit of a disgrace and it would be small wonder if the players won’t listen to you.

Not exactly. They serve a purpose as a feeder club for Big Vic. It's just a shame the AFL doesn’t permit transfer fees on trades. The Suns would be rolling in cash under that system.

On another note, there are reports that the grass roots level, AFL is booming in that region.

The “another note” is what justifies the Suns.

It’s a vehicle to advertise footy in the region.

It would be better having an actual owner or being run by its members, but we are talking about the control-freak ɅFL here.

Sacking a popular guy like Stewie Dew with over a year left on his contract and replacing him with a guy who, 'wanted a break from Coaching' reeks of conspiracy. You have to wonder how long the Gold Coast have been talking with Hardwick. The whole deal reeks and I hope Harwick and the Suns crash and burn. May be sour grapes on my part as I had hoped Port might lure Hardwick.

In addition my attitude is probably colored by the sight of Hardwick laughing and joking on his way to the Suns. Looks a bit like he was dancing on a rival's grave while singing show me the money.

Might be reading too much into it but wasn't Dew the only player that didn't attend the 04 Premiership reunion? Also coming back from retirement and choosing Hawthorn.

Does he even associate himself with the club.
Basically, this is the reason why I don’t want him or his character anywhere near the club. Rather than be transferred to Hawthorn so we could get something back, he decided to ‘retire’ and then gets picked up by hawthorn. Absolutely stabbed us the back. Also
a) he will go back to Sydney as I think his partner works there.
b) does not like us and we don’t like him
c) not the type of person I want around the club
d) has a talented list but did sfa - so a bit of a failure
…. I could go on but JUST NO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back