The Run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane could very easily drop both games to finish the minor round 4th.

That would have them playing Collingwood at the MCG week 1.

Collingwood want that outcome. They will go 100% at Brisbane this week.
Brisbane aren't losing to the Saints.

I actually agree with Janus. Collingwood won't even be thinking about trying to craft a result, However the result Collingwood fans would 100% be hoping for is a home QF final against Port or Brisbane. They can't control Melbourne, and unless they throw the next 2, they can't really move themselves. The best they can do is hope Melbourne win out and either they beat Brisbane or Freo beat Port.

I believe we will finished second.

Either way top 3 is where it’s at and if we finished 3rd I’d like to see our boys up for the challenge against Brisbane in Brisbane. They’re beatable.

Collingwood playing Melbourne first up and the potentially Carlton would make them nervous.
I think Collingwood will beat Melbourne in the QF, and Carlton will beat Crows and then Melbourne. Carlton will make the prelim, with that to be against us if we beat the Lions in a QF.

Brisbane aren't losing to the Saints.

I actually agree with Janus. Collingwood won't even be thinking about trying to craft a result, However the result Collingwood fans would 100% be hoping for is a home QF final against Port or Brisbane. They can't control Melbourne, and unless they throw the next 2, they can't really move themselves. The best they can do is hope Melbourne win out and either they beat Brisbane or Freo beat Port.

Brisbane nearly lost to the 13th placed ( brave but 13th placed) Crows. 6th placed Saints will beat them. Brisbane without Ashcroft are Port without Rozee.

I think the Lions have more incentive to beat the Pies this week, & will probably get the job done given the Collingwood outs & the fact the game is played at Marvel.

Obviously would prefer to play our QF at home, but the Lions at the Gabba isn’t insurmountable.

Did exactly what we had to do and lock in a top 4 spot against the Giants.

Now the key is simply finishing off the season with another two wins to head into September with form, whether that ends up being 2nd, 3rd or 4th that part is out of our hands. Regaining form is key.

Don't get me wrong I'd much rather finish 2nd, but if we win the next two and end up 3rd it is not going to be the end of the world because we will be heading in with form and perhaps with a little less pressure on us playing Brisbane at the Gabba. Although that didn't help us in 2001 and 2002, but i think in the 2001 QF we were up at half time until Brisbane gave themselves IV drips on a hot humid night.

Probably the thing that worries me the most is losing the first qualifying final and then playing a home semi against the Crows. I hope Sydney end them this weekend as not only do we lose our home ground advantage playing them, they are our worst possible match up. We just play awful against the crows for some reason. And dealing with their fans after getting eliminated by them would be a nightmare.

I think Collingwood will beat Melbourne in the QF, and Carlton will beat Crows and then Melbourne. Carlton will make the prelim, with that to be against us if we beat the Lions in a QF.
If they finish 5th Collingwood top, they’d be on Collingwoodsnaidenofnthe draw not ours.

Did exactly what we had to do and lock in a top 4 spot against the Giants.

Now the key is simply finishing off the season with another two wins to head into September with form, whether that ends up being 2nd, 3rd or 4th that part is out of our hands. Regaining form is key.

Don't get me wrong I'd much rather finish 2nd, but if we win the next two and end up 3rd it is not going to be the end of the world because we will be heading in with form and perhaps with a little less pressure on us playing Brisbane at the Gabba. Although that didn't help us in 2001 and 2002, but i think in the 2001 QF we were up at half time until Brisbane gave themselves IV drips on a hot humid night.

Probably the thing that worries me the most is losing the first qualifying final and then playing a home semi against the Crows. I hope Sydney end them this weekend as not only do we lose our home ground advantage playing them, they are our worst possible match up. We just play awful against the crows for some reason. And dealing with their fans after getting eliminated by them would be a nightmare.
We will finish 2nd or 3rd Crows will need to finish 6 or 7.

We will beat them when it matters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back