The Run home

Remove this Banner Ad

We are playing the current 8th (home), 13th(Home) and 15th (Away).

It's probably the easiest last 3 on paper of the current top 8.

We win all three we could still end up in 2nd. Both Dees and Brizzy have 2 hard teams each out of their 3. They each lose 1 and we win all three we take second.

It's a Victorian competition and we should be grateful to have been invited :rolleyes:

Still strikes me as odd that in the formation of a national competition, only one pre existing football club was brought into the national league outside of Victoria.

I don't mind dropping a game to GWS, but Richmond and Fremantle should be wins.

I get the feeling this team will perform better on the MCG than at home in finals.

So top 4 is locked.

Our chance of a top 2 berth will be defined on Friday night. Coll v Brisbane at the Marvel Collingwood win and our destiny is in our hands. Brisbane win and best we could do is finish 3rd.

Melbourne have 2 tricky games to come, could lose one more. Won't affect us if we win both regardless, but Brisbanes last round looks a walk in the park for them. So the Friday night blockbuster will be huge.

I still am not convinced we will be able to beat Freo away, that ground, and Perth generally has been a terrible place for us in recent times. At least we will know if we control our own date though.

Last edited:
Yeah Freo away is a probable loss based on our history. Still, here's a great chance to get one over them.

So top 4 is locked.

Our chance of a top 2 berth will be defined on Friday night. Coll v Brisbane at the G. Collingwood win and our destiny is in our hands. Brisbane win and best we could do is finish 3rd.

Melbourne have 2 tricky games to come, could lose one more. Won't affect us if we win both regardless, but Brisbanes last round looks a walk in the park for them. So the Friday night blockbuster will be huge.

I'm surprised it's being played at Marvel - is there something else on at The G?

Unfortunately for us, Collingwood won’t have much to gain in the last 2 rounds, and they won’t like playing at Marvel either so I can’t see them beating Brisbane on Friday Night.
Brisbane can’t win outside of the Gabba, so basically Collingwood just need to field a team and turn up 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately for us, Collingwood won’t have much to gain in the last 2 rounds, and they won’t like playing at Marvel either so I can’t see them beating Brisbane on Friday Night.
I think you underestimate how important testing yourself against a possible GF opponent is, and how important it might be psychologically to beat them in advance. I think the Pies will be absolutely up for it.

Meh. Happy with top 4. We've proven many times over that top 2 doesn't guarantee anything. In fact, I think the pressure of losing 3 home prelims in 4 years would be a significant factor heading into another home prelim. Would prefer to go on the road with the backs to the wall and see what they can do.

A win for the Pies over Brisbane locks in the minor premiership. Plenty to play for.

Collingwood isn’t going to * with form three weeks before finals. They aren’t that ******* good no matter how hard David King sucks.

If Brisbane beat Collingwood on Friday night then we're better off throwing the game against Freo. Better off finishing 4th than 3rd and being sent up to that humid gabba shithole to get beaten up.

Brisbane could very easily drop both games to finish the minor round 4th.

That would have them playing Collingwood at the MCG week 1.

Collingwood want that outcome. They will go 100% at Brisbane this week.

If Brisbane beat Collingwood on Friday night then we're better off throwing the game against Freo. Better off finishing 4th than 3rd and being sent up to that humid gabba shithole to get beaten up.

Not matter how you look at it it’s a hard run.

We could very well go the Brizzy and win. Why not.

I have a gut feel we will go OK this finals.

Also could be a Crows Port GF yet.

Jez needs to get his kicking boots on, but I don't see it as weak.

Marshall for all his critics kicked three on a very good player yesterday.. you'd take that all day everyday in a final.

I watched the last quarter re Carlton and Melbourne, their tall forwards did a great job.

Thing I noticed was they seem to be in front more and present on leads.

Finlayson has been done for a bit, he probably comes good for finals, we are gather momentum like I thought we would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back