The Run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be a good chance against gws with 5-6 players returning, maybe the giants losing could halt their momentum?

We SHOULD knock off freo, BUT since the start of 2013, all but one game between us and them has been won by the home team (2014 SF being the exception), and we've beaten them over there just once since the start of 2009. Even when they've been ordinary they've still made life hard for us at subiaco or optus.

Maybe the tiggers will be playing for pride by the last game? If so, would be a good time for them to blood youngsters and send injured players in for surgery, may help us.

Last edited:

To be honest, if we beat the giants next week, given that locks away 4th. Don't worry about winning the last 2 and instead focus on getting any sore players 100% fit and prepare for Collingwood at the MCG in the qualifying final.

Should be a good chance against gws with 5-6 players returning, maybe the giants losing could halt their momentum?

We SHOULD knock off freo, BUT since the start of 2013, all but one game between us and them has been won by the home team (2014 SF being the exception), and we've beaten them over there just once since the start of 2009. Even when they've been ordinary they've still made life hard for us at subiaco or optus.

Maybe the tiggers will be playing for pride by the last game? If so, would be a good time for them to blood youngsters and send injured players in for surgery, may help us.

Something else to factor in.

They’ll be coming off a derby, which should be a doddle regardless of the Eagles’ spurt of resistance today, and an 8-day break.

GWS, Freo and Richmond.

If we play like we did tonight and have a few players regain fitness we win these 3 and finish top 2 and in form.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's every chance that even if we do win all of these three we still don't finish top 2.

We only had to beat one of Carlton, Adelaide, Collingwood and Geelong to set our season up. Just one out of the four. We couldn't manage it. Now our season is out of our hands.

When Kornes said a month ago we'd only win one of the next four we thought he might just be clickbaiting. Now we sit here wishing that were true. Says a lot.

Truth is none of the last three are easy, and winning would be great preparation for finals. If Richmond are still able to make finals by R24, the umpiring will make the 8-1 we copped in the last look generous.

Mostly depends on player management I think, but I believe we will have to win our next two to give September a shake.

To be honest, if we beat the giants next week, given that locks away 4th. Don't worry about winning the last 2 and instead focus on getting any sore players 100% fit and prepare for Collingwood at the MCG in the qualifying final.
We will not get anywhere near Collingwood with their 80,000 screaming fans at the MCG. Collingwood had their lapse today and I do not think we will get close to them on the MCG. We have to finish second and get a home final then hope Collingwood get knocked out before the GF. That may sound defeatist but it is the reality of our situation.

We need to win all three games to have any realistic chance of the ultimate prize. Get a few key players back and we have a chance of doing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the loss tonight probably means 3rd or 4th finish, which translates to a tough september

fingers crossed but I fear a wasted season

I am wondering how another wasted season will relate to Ken's future? Will another September fade out mean Koch has finally seen the writing on the wall?

I just got an email pro porting to be from MyGov telling me I have an ATO rebate of $700 waiting, all I have to do is click on the link. I reckon I have about as much chance of seeing that $700 as we have of going top. :rolleyes:

I am wondering how another wasted season will relate to Ken's future? Will another September fade out mean Koch has finally seen the writing on the wall?

I just got an email pro porting to be from MyGov telling me I have an ATO rebate of $700 waiting, all I have to do is click on the link. I reckon I have about as much chance of seeing that $700 as we have of going top. :rolleyes:
I don't think so. Koch has not shown himself to be in tune with the white noise that pays the bills. He has this dynasty thing in his head and that's where we're going. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised though.

It would be good if the board would see through this and start taking action in our interests, but whilst we are AFL-owned there is no chance of this.

I don't think so. Koch has not shown himself to be in tune with the white noise that pays the bills. He has this dynasty thing in his head and that's where we're going. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised though.

It would be good if the board would see through this and start taking action in our interests, but whilst we are AFL-owned there is no chance of this.

What about my $700 cap? You are based in Canberra and must have a few contacts? ;)

I was trying to stay glass half full after the Collingwood game, but yea if McKenzie is gone we are fukced if Jonas is a regular.

Pity as the top 4 are a mediocre bunch.. there goes another year eh.

Very likely the tigers will be sending off a club champion in Riewoldt and maybe Cotchin in their last game before retirement. It won’t be an easy one .

Mini final on Sunday, probably our most important game.

need the 4 points and the confidence To set us up for the last 2

praying the injury gods will leave us alone this week..

I was trying to stay glass half full after the Collingwood game, but yea if McKenzie is gone we are fukced if Jonas is a regular.

Pity as the top 4 are a mediocre bunch.. there goes another year eh.

Nah I reckon that loss really hurts. Carlton we rested, Collingwood we almost had it (poor in front of goal like last night) and Crows we didn’t show up - that loss could well be the start of the upward curve now. I reckon it will be, the effort was there and the mindset we just need to finish the easy goals….

Call me an eternal optimist, but maybe a qualifying final against Collingwood at the MCG would be a chance for us to do the 2002 qualifying final in reverse. The Pies finished 4th that year, and came to Football Park with nobody giving them a chance of knocking Port off. We all know what happened - it'd be a bloody sweet win if we could return the favour!!!

We will not get anywhere near Collingwood with their 80,000 screaming fans at the MCG. Collingwood had their lapse today and I do not think we will get close to them on the MCG. We have to finish second and get a home final then hope Collingwood get knocked out before the GF. That may sound defeatist but it is the reality of our situation.

We need to win all three games to have any realistic chance of the ultimate prize. Get a few key players back and we have a chance of doing that.
The reality of our situation is, having lost 4 in a row (to sides who started each of those rounds in 10th, 1st, 12th and 11th) and with Melb probably winning their last 4 games we have lost second spot.

With Hinkley at the helm, the season always going to fall apart, it was only a question of when.

The best we can hope for, is holding into 4th and another loss or two so the board wake up to themselves and finally realise Hinkley needs to go and appoint Carr senior coach for ‘24 (and for this years finals campaign)

GWS, Freo and Richmond.

If we play like we did tonight and have a few players regain fitness we win these 3 and finish top 2 and in form.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
On the positive,

GWS are a solid team with some good talent, playing to a far better gameplan than in the past, but they're still lacking in some structural elements and at home we should be able to take care of them.

Freo are in all sorts and likely will be thinking about resting players by then opening themselves up. We should be able to clear that hurdle.

Rich are a competitive squad, but aging and again at home with a lot on the line we should get the job done.

Negative side

GWS and their talent could open us up, especially through the middle on the counter, and we have no one that can stop Green. They could definitely pull out a big upset.

Freo are as unpredictable as any, we have also generally demonstrated terrible form in Perth. They could just as easily come out and roll us as any other result.

Richmond playing for the final spot in the 8 and/or possibly playing a final send off for Riewoldt and Cotchin will be hyped to the maximum, a team whose chaos forward movement and pace off half back has opened us up before could well get the jump on us.

I think we probably win 2 and will likely find a way to lose one. Likely to Freo.

We also need Brisbane to lose one, likely to Collingwood, who may be resting players in that game. And we need Melbourne to drop one against Carlton or Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back