Preview Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants, Saturday 28 May 2022 1:45 PM @ the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm more worried about MRobbo getting the spot than Tommy. Hopefully one of Dev and Tommy, but i think we are at bigger risk of losing Dev hence I hope it's him.
They've both more than earnt a chance . Prior playing as he did last week has made it a lot tougher for Robbo.

I have to fess up that I had it a bit wrong with Prior based on Sunday . Happily so. Dev and Tommy would both show a level of improvement with a similar run of games imo.

Good ins and great to see Dev finally get a chance. Hopefully he can have a big run in the firsts now.

Also glad we didn't fall back to Mitch Robinson. Think we've grown past him now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Payne was stiff being omitted, he was way more reliable in defence than Gardiner against the Hawks.

I was thinking the same. I thought that Prior deserved a spell after his game against Adelaide though. Maybe we think differently to the coaches. The coaches think along the lines of giving players the chance to redeem themselves perhaps.

I think I used the word think too many times in that post. Now it sounds strange when I say it.

Dizz and Andrews are there and staying in their positions all year.

So save the melts for finals.
Nobody should be above omission, including Andrews & Gardiner. Conceding 117 points against lowly opposition and continuing week after week to give away dumb free kicks and showing poor attitude on the field shouldn't be tolerated all season. Eventually if we're serious about wanting to win some games in finals there needs to be a statement sent to the playing group. Thought that dropping Robbo was the start of it.

Nobody should be above omission, including Andrews & Gardiner. Conceding 117 points against lowly opposition and continuing week after week to give away dumb free kicks and showing poor attitude on the field shouldn't be tolerated all season. Eventually if we're serious about wanting to win some games in finals there needs to be a statement sent to the playing group. Thought that dropping Robbo was the start of it.
Excluding that game the team has been averaging 70 points against.
It was an off day.
Teams are allowed to have those.
As long as it doesn’t become the norm.

Excluding that game the team has been averaging 70 points against.
It was an off day.
Teams are allowed to have those.
As long as it doesn’t become the norm.
Exactly, only saying to drop them if it becomes a continuous trend. Let's hope it was just that, an off day in defence.

Last edited:
Dizz and Andrews are there and staying in their positions all year.

So save the melts for finals.
I don’t think Gardiner is above getting dropped, Andrews will be there all season a rightly so imo. He’s not having anywhere near his best season but he’s still an above average key defender and does a lot of good things throughout a game that seem to get overlooked just because it’s expected at this point. I think if Gardiner has a couple more games like his previous few I can certainly see the coaches replacing him with Payne if his keeps performing when given the opportunity.

I think the “coaches won’t change the team” take is a bit of a myth. Yes they stick with the team they believe is our best chance to win a flag as they should but Lohmann being picked this season has shown to me they reward form. There haven’t been many other guys that have dominated in our reserves games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back