Recommitted Brodie Smith [re-signed for 3 years]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's valuable to Adelaide and has a contract. Adelaide will take a hard stance on him and rightly so. Lions will need to pay overs.

Two mid-late first rounders or a top 10 pick plus a much later sweetener would be my estimate of his worth. Maybe a favourable exchange of later picks involved in both.

Don’t know if Adelaide would agree with two mid-late first rounders but he’s 28 and a small defender - not a premium position. Adelaide totally within their rights to demand substantial overs, of course.

Two mid-late first rounders or a top 10 pick plus a much later sweetener would be my estimate of his worth. Maybe a favourable exchange of later picks involved in both.

Don’t know if Adelaide would agree with two mid-late first rounders but he’s 28 and a small defender - not a premium position. Adelaide totally within their rights to demand substantial overs, of course.
193cm buddy. He’s not small

2 cm shorter then jbrown.
1 cm taller then Marcus Adams
Same height as jarryd roughead

I really shouldn't take people's statements on bigfooty at face value - per the Crows website, footywire and 2010 draft articles he is 189cm, not 193. These aren't always correct of course but unless there is some proof otherwise thats what I'll go by.

I'll still agree that he's not a pure small and is a medium, but he is most certainly not a tall and is not the same height as Roughead.

Crows website says 189cm?

Either way, the height is somewhat irrelevant as he’s a running defender rather than a KPD.

He’s a bit older than I’d want to pay a first rounder for. Laird seems a more suited target and thus likely to attract a higher trade price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our pick from Collingwood would be about right.

Would be a great get for the Lions.

Not an exact like for like with Hodge but in terms of on field leadership and coaching he would be great value.

I'd say Adelaide will want a top 10 pick or two late firsts. Lions will probably only want to give up one late first. The two clubs will need to meet somewhere in the middle to get it done.

Definitely ain't that tall.

He's a classy meter's gained rebounding defender with a pretty deadly kick most of the time. Was unfortunate that he went down with a knee when he did but is still a pretty good player. Suffering from an astonishingly bad game plan atm so who knows if he's perusing other options.

Definitely ain't that tall.

He's a classy meter's gained rebounding defender with a pretty deadly kick most of the time. Was unfortunate that he went down with a knee when he did but is still a pretty good player. Suffering from an astonishingly bad game plan atm so who knows if he's perusing other options.
Maybe I over exaggerated his height but 190 is still tall for a mid/hb so not so much a small defender.

I really shouldn't take people's statements on bigfooty at face value - per the Crows website, footywire and 2010 draft articles he is 189cm, not 193. These aren't always correct of course but unless there is some proof otherwise thats what I'll go by.

I'll still agree that he's not a pure small and is a medium, but he is most certainly not a tall and is not the same height as Roughead.
No way his 193 lol

No chance a player turning 28 years old who has horrible injury history goes for 2 late firsts or a top 10 pick. Would be lucky to get 1 late first for him at that age.

Likely an early to mid second rounder.

No chance a player turning 28 years old who has horrible injury history goes for 2 late firsts or a top 10 pick. Would be lucky to get 1 late first for him at that age.

Likely an early to mid second rounder.

Horrible injury history? Aside from his acl, I can’t think of any other long term injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back