Browne Cops Three

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe this, 3 weeks what a load of crap! :mad:

As much as I'm sorry for Porps, there is no way Browne deserves such a penalty for having the guy pushed into him.

Big BAD Stephen Browne , i think well start calling him.

I think nowadays once the opposition says there is an injury from a collision the player within 5 metres will be cited and suspended... just so the mums out there will let little Johnny play football....

Im thinking of starting a rebel league in India called the IFL ... one umpire , one camera and no XXXXen Match Review Panel ...

W"O"W

Good idea this is a joke what the MRP have done. I was at the game and I had a clear view of what happened as it happened in front of me.

As much as I'm sorry for Porps, there is no way Browne deserves such a penalty for having the guy pushed into him.

Which is the basic problem with the MRP concept ...

Under the current rules and guidelines the MRP couldn't not give him two or three weeks because they are far too tightly constricted.

Whereas a Tribunal could make more reasonable assesments which in this case would probably look more like a reprimand to a week.

I'm all for abolishing the MRP, but what I fail to understand in this thread is everyone venting their anger at the MRP, instead of the stupid methods the AFL forces them to use.

Probably the best post I've read on BF about this so far.

For all the crying "He hit my boy" and "How soft is this game" the MRP can only adjudicate using the rules in place.

So without any bias in reality we can all agree that

a) The hit was high. - There is just no doubt about this, remember, intention does not come into this.

b) There was high to severe impact - Again bruising of the brain, has to mean a large amount of impact. Again, intention cannot be taken into account.

This just leaves the MRP to decide whether it was intentional, reckless, negligent or accidental.

IMHO, depending on the mood of the MRP and the tribunal it could be called at any of the last three.

But as you can see from points a and b under the current rules Browne just cannot walk scott free.

So be angry at the rules, hardly the MRP's fault.

If a player falls on someone's leg, causing the opponents ACL to rupture there is high to severe impact. Yet, because it is unintentional and 99% of the time unavoidable the player is never sighted by the match review panel. Steven Browne was running at a fast pace, Porps was pushed into him and Browne was left with no option but to brace for impact, its a natural reaction. Football is a contact sport, it is ridiculous to suggest that Browne lined him up or any of the sort considering his line never deviated nor did his pace from before Porplyzia was pushed. It happened at such a fast pace that contact was unavoidable, its not like he swung his fist at him. It makes me sick that Browne is being held responsible for a football incident. I am very sorry for what happened to Porps, I'm a huge fan of his, but what happened to him was an accident and nobody should be held responsible for it.

In short, I think you're an idiot who clearly has an extreme bias. **** off.

If a player falls on someone's leg, causing the opponents ACL to rupture there is high to severe impact. Yet, because it is unintentional and 99% of the time unavoidable the player is never sighted by the match review panel..

Out of interest when has this ever happened?

And also if you read all my posts you'll find I agree and believe the major problem is with the MRP itself.

Steven Browne was running at a fast pace, Porps was pushed into him and Browne was left with no option but to brace for impact, its a natural reaction..

Agree with most of this, however i do believe that Browne intended to bump Porplyzia which itself is in an eniterely natural reaction. He certainly did not intend to take his head.

Football is a contact sport, it is ridiculous to suggest that Browne lined him up or any of the sort considering his line never deviated nor did his pace from before Porplyzia was pushed..

I can only assume you weren't at the game, because Browne deviated quite a long way to get Porplyzia in his line, although he certainly didn't intend for what eventuated.

It happened at such a fast pace that contact was unavoidable, its not like he swung his fist at him. It makes me sick that Browne is being held responsible for a football incident. I am very sorry for what happened to Porps, I'm a huge fan of his, but what happened to him was an accident and nobody should be held responsible for it..

Agree, but under the current rules unfortunately there is no way around this.

In short, I think you're an idiot who clearly has an extreme bias. **** off.

Mods, surely this is infraction worthy?

I have shown Carlton and it's supporters nothing but respect and feel I have been reasonable in my views and posts. It is against bigfooty rules to make personal and agressive statements.

If a player falls on someone's leg, causing the opponents ACL to rupture there is high to severe impact. Yet, because it is unintentional and 99% of the time unavoidable the player is never sighted by the match review panel. Steven Browne was running at a fast pace, Porps was pushed into him and Browne was left with no option but to brace for impact, its a natural reaction. Football is a contact sport, it is ridiculous to suggest that Browne lined him up or any of the sort considering his line never deviated nor did his pace from before Porplyzia was pushed. It happened at such a fast pace that contact was unavoidable, its not like he swung his fist at him. It makes me sick that Browne is being held responsible for a football incident. I am very sorry for what happened to Porps, I'm a huge fan of his, but what happened to him was an accident and nobody should be held responsible for it.

I agree with your assessment there, no time to establish any sort of intent and I don't think the visual evidence supports intent.

Should mention though, the fact that he gets three weeks for having any sort of intent completely opens this system to conjecture.

This is just insanity from the MRP.

What was Browne supposed to do?

Inherit Superman like powers so he could teleport away from the player being pushed into him?

Or was he not supposed to prepare himself for the bump possibly injuring his own head/ribs/shoudlers etc?

MRP = A SICK JOKE and a DISGRACE to the AFL.

And also if you read all my posts you'll find I agree and believe the major problem is with the MRP itself.

Agree with most of this, however i do believe that Browne intended to bump Porplyzia which itself is in an eniterely natural reaction. He certainly did not intend to take his head.

I can only assume you weren't at the game, because Browne deviated quite a long way to get Porplyzia in his line, although he certainly didn't intend for what eventuated.

I have shown Carlton and it's supporters nothing but respect and feel I have been reasonable in my views and posts. It is against bigfooty rules to make personal and agressive statements.
No you have been hanging around trying to get us to see things your way, and that we don't has now annoyed you and you want our mods to reprimand us, you were simply told to leave, just that the poster used terms he thought was clearly understandable to a crows supporter so there would be no misunderstanding of his meaning.

This is just insanity from the MRP.

What was Browne supposed to do?

Inherit Superman like powers so he could teleport away from the player being pushed into him?

Or was he not supposed to prepare himself for the bump possibly injuring his own head/ribs/shoudlers etc?

MRP = A SICK JOKE and a DISGRACE to the AFL.
he could've... NOT snipered porpy.

maybe.

Jo you are one of the few Crows supporters who has shown respect. Tempers are running high at the moment as some of your fellow supporters have come on here and made some pretty disgraceful comments. But I think this whole thing is a joke, you have your opinions and we have ours. Man I was at the game yesterday and I had a clear view of what happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quit while your ahead
there is no way browne deserved 3 weeks for this s**t

Probably the best post I've read on BF about this so far.

For all the crying "He hit my boy" and "How soft is this game" the MRP can only adjudicate using the rules in place.

So without any bias in reality we can all agree that

a) The hit was high. - There is just no doubt about this, remember, intention does not come into this.

b) There was high to severe impact - Again bruising of the brain, has to mean a large amount of impact. Again, intention cannot be taken into account.

This just leaves the MRP to decide whether it was intentional, reckless, negligent or accidental.

IMHO, depending on the mood of the MRP and the tribunal it could be called at any of the last three.

But as you can see from points a and b under the current rules Browne just cannot walk scott free.

So be angry at the rules, hardly the MRP's fault.

I think we have just found the stupidest poster to ever post on big footy :eek:

You just said that intention does not come into the decision and then went on to say the MRP had to decide if it was intentional . are you really this stupid in real life ?? I'm amazed you know how to breath .

The cows player was pushed into a player running past ..he hit his head..he hurt his head. just another football incident, Carlton should challenge and have it thrown out..surely the tribunal can't be as stupid as you and the MRP .

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX KINGS
If a player falls on someone's leg, causing the opponents ACL to rupture there is high to severe impact. Yet, because it is unintentional and 99% of the time unavoidable the player is never sighted by the match review panel..

Nathan Brown... not an acl but I am sure you would agree that it was pretty nasty...

This is crap, so what if someone runs a red light and you smash into them and they die, do you get charged with murder? Of course bloody not, this incident was purely accidental and the resulting injury should have no bearing on the outcome

I think we have just found the stupidest poster to ever post on big footy :eek:

You just said that intention does not come into the decision and then went on to say the MRP had to decide if it was intentional . are you really this stupid in real life ?? I'm amazed you know how to breath.

He was actually saying the intention of the player doesn't change the ammount of activation points in relation to severity of contact or where contact was made.

Of course if you rule the contact accidental then the severity and where the contact was made are irrelevant because there's no charge.

What he's saying is the system is stupid. If he had some intent it's 3 weeks. If he had no intent it's none.

He was actually saying the intention of the player doesn't change the ammount of activation points in relation to severity of contact or where contact was made.

Of course if you rule the contact accidental then the severity and where the contact was made are irrelevant because there's no charge.

What he's saying is the system is stupid. If he had some intent it's 3 weeks. If he had no intent it's none.

If you ever need an opposing fan to recommend you for mod look me up.

Zero Intent ---> Zero weeks. Who runs that MRP circus? :)

And clearly the contact was accidental making it ridiculous for anyone to argue that this was worthy of even being reportable let alone being suspended.

What he is saying is that they are correct to rule that Browne had intent which is an absolute joke and frustrates me to no end.

My only concern was the incident happened so far off the ball. Not many cases I can recall when someone suffers a severe head injury when not in the immediate vicinity of the ball. As for intent - certainly can't be proved, but the fact that players had been lining him up to bump the shoulder before the first siren even sounded was an indication that a directive had been issued in relation to Porps. Not sure the two were connected but I am sure, if the tables were turned, and Judd had suffered such an injury, there would be questions asked - just as many of us (albeit not the hysterical irrational ones ;)) are now doing.

What he is saying is that they are correct to rule that Browne had intent which is an absolute joke and frustrates me to no end.

No what I'm saying is that Browne acted somewhere between negligently and recklessly.

And don't worry, the MRP system frustrates me to no end also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back