Autopsy Bulldog's effort and Jamarra's brilliance too much for Freo - (102 - 73)

Remove this Banner Ad

This year, Ugle-Hagan has kicked 20 goals in 15 games, 1.3 per game. 9 of those have come in 2 games, fewer than a goal a game for the rest. He's averaging 8 kicks a game and 5 marks, up from 6 and 3.5 last year, improvement ? 13 tackles in 15 games, 18 from 17 games last year, minimal and inconsequential but no improvement, so far. He had a 5 goal game last year. 2023, he's had 2 well, a 5 and a 4 so fa. His primary skill is the run, jump and mark, on Saturday he excelled at that. Next is ability to get away, either by himself or with minimal opposition. If you watch his play, he doesn?t chase and second efforts are poor, see the tackle stats.,Ugle-Hagan stays outside packs waving his arms "kick it to me", that's OK, not everyone is Libba, a pity he doesn't kick accurately. Last year and the 2 times, this year, the same hubris but, in both cases, followed by weeks of mediocre performance. Let's keep calm and hope. Leave hero worship to groupies.

AFL Tables - 2023 Stats - Player Lists
Trending upwards, averaging 13 disposals and 6 marks per game for the last 6 weeks, well ahead of Naughty and Lobb. Biggest problem this season has been his kicking boots.

Evaluation isn't criticism. Footy isn't a Taylor Swift concert.
Why are you "evaluating" him now? Why Ugle-Hagan specifically, and why choose this week to do it? I've never seen you go to such depths to "evaluate" any other player on the list but I have seen you offer nothing but negative commentary about him, including in tonight's post. One would think you must carry some kind of grudge against him?

Trending upwards, averaging 13 disposals and 6 marks per game for the last 6 weeks, well ahead of Naughty and Lobb. Biggest problem this season has been his kicking boots.
Agree with trending upwards, about time, 3rd year. But biggest problem is chase and defensive side, not accuracy. Last quarter, the ball goes in, not to Ugle-Hagan's advantage, so his defender marks on the chest then takes off, one bounce then a delivery into the mid field. Ugle-Hagan stands, hands on hips, watching. Bev should have dragged him.

... Leave hero worship to groupies.

Thanks for the guidance on Jamarra, DM.

Could you forward the same memo to Justin Longmuir and Luke Beveridge please? I don't think they get it either.

AFLCA votes vs Fremantle

• Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (WB) – 10 votes
  • Caleb Serong (FRE) – 7
  • Tom Liberatore (WB) – 4
  • Bailey Dale (WB) – 3
  • Marcus Bontempelli (WB) – 2
  • Sean Darcy (FRE) – 2
  • Brennan Cox (FRE) – 1
  • Jack Macrae (WB) – 1

This year, Ugle-Hagan has kicked 20 goals in 15 games, 1.3 per game. 9 of those have come in 2 games, fewer than a goal a game for the rest. He's averaging 8 kicks a game and 5 marks, up from 6 and 3.5 last year, improvement ? 13 tackles in 15 games, 18 from 17 games last year, minimal and inconsequential but no improvement, so far. He had a 5 goal game last year. 2023, he's had 2 well, a 5 and a 4 so fa. His primary skill is the run, jump and mark, on Saturday he excelled at that. Next is ability to get away, either by himself or with minimal opposition. If you watch his play, he doesn?t chase and second efforts are poor, see the tackle stats.,Ugle-Hagan stays outside packs waving his arms "kick it to me", that's OK, not everyone is Libba, a pity he doesn't kick accurately. Last year and the 2 times, this year, the same hubris but, in both cases, followed by weeks of mediocre performance. Let's keep calm and hope. Leave hero worship to groupies.

Was given 10 vote for a reason, back in the hole you crawled out of campaigner

Thanks for the guidance on Jamarra, DM.

Could you forward the same memo to Justin Longmuir and Luke Beveridge please? I don't think they get it either.

AFLCA votes vs Fremantle

• Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (WB) – 10 votes
  • Caleb Serong (FRE) – 7
  • Tom Liberatore (WB) – 4
  • Bailey Dale (WB) – 3
  • Marcus Bontempelli (WB) – 2
  • Sean Darcy (FRE) – 2
  • Brennan Cox (FRE) – 1
  • Jack Macrae (WB) – 1
I'm neither the secretary nor filing clerk of either, mind you, I reckon being Bev's receptionist would be interesting, don't you think ? Memo ? Posts on BF are in the public arena, subject to Moderators' censorship. What Ugle-Hagan did on Saturday is a mere stat unless he performs from now on. Fingers crossed, history is against it but, who knows. Wow, since your post, Alerts is up to 6 !

Last edited:
To be fair to you, SI, you, like me, have probably seen only a couple of the last 6 games or so. I rely upon what I see from my seat. Kicking is one of Ugle-Hagan's subsidiary problems. His primary problem is effort.

Why are you "evaluating" him now? Why Ugle-Hagan specifically, and why choose this week to do it? I've never seen you go to such depths to "evaluate" any other player on the list but I have seen you offer nothing but negative commentary about him, including in tonight's post. One would think you must carry some kind of grudge against him?
God bless you, S.

Agree with trending upwards, about time, 3rd year. But biggest problem is chase and defensive side, not accuracy. Last quarter, the ball goes in, not to Ugle-Hagan's advantage, so his defender marks on the chest then takes off, one bounce then a delivery into the mid field. Ugle-Hagan stands, hands on hips, watching. Bev should have dragged him.
Yes we all know that all the great key forwards of our time have been judged first and foremost on their pressure when they don’t have the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we all know that all the great key forwards of our time have been judged first and foremost on their pressure when they don’t have the ball.
I think we are talking about different things, Laaa but you'd expect a "great forward" to kick more than a goal a game, wouldn't you ?

Do you feel better, now ?
God this forum was so much better with you banned, first posts I see as soon as your back is ripping into JUH again and criticising after he was our BOG this game. You come off as some weird racist dog with a hate boner for this kid for no reason what soever, don't see you ripping into other players at the level you do JUH.

And he can 100% be criticised, being a first nations lad should never exclude anyone from the equal treatment we give to others, to give him special treatment because of his skin or background would be worse thing to do, but you mate, you take it to the next level, beyond critiquing, to the point where other posters are sick of seeing it because it does come off as a racist thing from you, even if you don't mean it that way.

You really do fail to read the room, seriously just lay off JUH for like a couple of games yeah?

God this forum was so much better with you banned, first posts I see as soon as your back is ripping into JUH again and criticising after he was our BOG this game. You come off as some weird racist dog with a hate boner for this kid for no reason what soever, don't see you ripping into other players at the level you do JUH.

And he can 100% be criticised, being a first nations lad should never exclude anyone from the equal treatment we give to others, to give him special treatment because of his skin or background would be worse thing to do, but you mate, you take it to the next level, beyond critiquing, to the point where other posters are sick of seeing it because it does come off as a racist thing from you, even if you don't mean it that way.

You really do fail to read the room, seriously just lay off JUH for like a couple of games yeah?
The title to the thread is Bulldog's effort and Jamarra's brilliance too much for Freo - (102 - 73) A comment on Ugle-Hagan's performance that you don't like ? If Ugle-Hagan read it, I doubt he'd be offended, it was an analysis, nothing that his post match wouldn't have covered. Don't be such a child.

Do you feel better, now ?
You never learn do you? This constant villification of Jamarra is making you unwelcome on this board. Your insidious and casual form of racism has never been welcome on here. Stop it or never come back.

You never learn do you? This constant villification of Jamarra is making you unwelcome on this board. Your insidious and casual form of racism has never been welcome on here. Stop it or never come back.
Just perma him and be done with it. JUH could kick 20 in a grand final with 60 touches and he'd still find a reason to hate.

Agree been outstanding aerially. His goal kicking while well below average is not a huge concern as technically he is very sound. Confidence and belief will fix that no problem. Will finish his career with over 700 goals.

Agree been outstanding aerially. His goal kickingwhile well below average is not a huge concern as technically he is very sound. Confidence and belief will fix that no problem. Will finish his career with over 700 goals.
Eh ? Forwards are there to kick goals, for the team. That we lost 4 of the past 6 games is "not a huge concern" ? Are you of the individual over the club brigade ?

Eh ? Forwards are there to kick goals, for the team. That we lost 4 of the past 6 games is "not a huge concern" ? Are you of the individual over the club brigade ?
Relax flog. I’m talking long term about the individual and what he will produce regularly.
While it’s a team game it’s about individuals playing their role and to their capabilities. Off you trot

Never change.

Jamarra’s growth over the past 2 years has exceeded my expectation. Let remember this guy missed 1 and 1/2 seasons during a time of critical of his development during Covid. This impacted his general fitness but more importantly his match fitness.

His leading patterns have always been good. The amount of times he was open and burnt by teammates was incredible. Finally last week the brains trust finally realised to seperate naughts and JUH and allow some space. Let’s also take into consideration he has been playing with no forward coach and a game plan that would make Lockett struggle to kick a bag.

JUH is the most natural forward I have seen since KT At the Dogs. All things going right I believe he has a higher ceiling than both Cameron and Buddy, not saying he will be better but he has all their attributes but is a better contested mark.

watching him live I have always been impressed, his tackling and pressure is good, at times yes he is spent so the defensive efforts drop a little but I do not want a elite talent like his so spent on defensive efforts all the time that It hurts his offensive game.

Jamarra is a special talent and a very marketable player, he would now be my number 1 priority.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back