Preview Bulldogs vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

On the plus side, English has at least had a sighter against Martin during the JLT I believe?

Williams shows promise but I think Webb is more like for like with Boyd in that he can win hard balls and run through the guts. Williams is a bit too outside when we already have JJ, Murph and Suckling as outside defenders.

Understand where your coming from - however if Williams comes in it give us flexibility to play Murphy permanently forward to provide a much needed spark up there.

Whilst also having JJ,Suckling and Williams playing half back / wing so we won't lose too much creativity in the back half.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clay Smith had 15 tackles. Doubt he'll be dropped. I don't reckon Bev is one to bring players back in after just one week in the vfl.

Out : Cloke
In: Lipinski

What a great thrill it would be for the kids first game to be in the captains 300th

Yup, I'm with this ^^^

People who are saying Moyd out, why??? There is no way known he will miss Sponge Bobs 300th.

Moyd out is ridiculous. Even though he's been relatively poor, his experience, leadership and nous having played that much footy comes into effect.
If you bring in somebody like Williams for him, you have to be that much confident that his kicking, decision making, ball winning will be so much better than it makes up for 250 games experience lost, and things like communication and leadership. And the gulf between 200+ games experience is massive so I don't think that Moyd is going to get dropped at all.

Moyd out is ridiculous. Even though he's been relatively poor, his experience, leadership and nous having played that much footy comes into effect.
If you bring in somebody like Williams for him, you have to be that much confident that his kicking, decision making, ball winning will be so much better than it makes up for 250 games experience lost, and things like communication and leadership. And the gulf between 200+ games experience is massive so I don't think that Moyd is going to get dropped at all.

He's not gonna play a full season though. A rest might do him well.

I think he was making one of those jokes where you pretend to misinterpret what someone else says. He was pretending that he had interpreted what you said as meaning that you are playing footy as a 12-year-old. I got a good chuckle out of it.

Ah... the wit was too much for my feeble brain

What a great thrill it would be for the kids first game to be in the captains 300th
The last debutant we had for a captain's 300th was a kid named Dale Morris. he turned out alright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"As far as English's development went, he wasn't always a ruckman. Early on in his teenage years, he was playing as a running midfielder, but as time went by, his height grew and grew over time, once he was big enough, he went from midfielder to a key-position player, and when he eventually hit over the two-metre mark, he was back in the centre square to become the ruckman that would eventually give him the title of 'Top-10 Draft Prospect'."

So hes played as a keypo before. Would it be out of the question for him to play a defensive role and shift Cordy forward?

Wouldn't be surprised if Lipinski debuts after his game on the weekend and come in for Cloke as the only change. Would like to see Webb come in but can't see anyone getting dropped.

Campbell will have to rest at FF whilst Boyd rucks and Jong/Bont down there too. Cordy to play CHF again like last year.

That leaves Roberts on Schache, Wood on Hipwood and Adams on Close. Which I think works okay.

"As far as English's development went, he wasn't always a ruckman. Early on in his teenage years, he was playing as a running midfielder, but as time went by, his height grew and grew over time, once he was big enough, he went from midfielder to a key-position player, and when he eventually hit over the two-metre mark, he was back in the centre square to become the ruckman that would eventually give him the title of 'Top-10 Draft Prospect'."

So hes played as a keypo before. Would it be out of the question for him to play a defensive role and shift Cordy forward?

No

As a defensive role? Yes. I wouldn't be opposed to having him play high forward with a bit of a license to roam through the midfield.

He's not gonna play a full season though. A rest might do him well.

I think the problem we have is that now is the perfect time to rest him, with GWS and Richmond next we want him fresh for those, but he'd desperately want to be out for Bob's 300th.

We should give him a week off, but I don't think we will.

Matty Boyd (if fit) should and will play in Bob's 300th - and f@#k any of you that say otherwise :D

Professional sport, no room for sentimentality yeah yeah... but that bit of human emotion that is (seemingly) allowed in our team under Bevo gains us an edge as well imo. Boyd has earned the arse off deserving to play on Saturday and the whole team knows it. More to be lost than gained by dropping Moyd for Saturday.

Matty Boyd (if fit) should and will play in Bob's 300th - and f@#k any of you that say otherwise :D

Professional sport, no room for sentimentality yeah yeah... but that bit of human emotion that is (seemingly) allowed in our team under Bevo gains us an edge as well imo. Boyd has earned the arse off deserving to play on Saturday and the whole team knows it. More to be lost than gained by dropping Moyd for Saturday.
You make a compelling case. I've come around to thinking Matty should play this week after all.
It just means Bob will have to be the one rested this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back