Bulldogs want a 25-30k NEW stadium in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moorabbin would be ideally situated, that or Baxter across from current station or between Tyabb and Hastings at the end of the Westernport Highway or even on the Hastings foreshore overlooking the bay.

Frankston Oval would be an option if they could acquire land to the north of the current oval.

LMAO

Where do we even start with this?

Too much ice, wolf

I have never been to Moorabin and have only been to Frankston twice despite living in Melbourne for 16 years.

And Baxter? what the hell is Baxter? Someone's pet dog?

And who's going to pay for it?

Carlton, North and St Kilda get bled dry for 20 years only for them to then start paying off another stadium when the AFL takes ownership of the other?

I would put it here.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...1!1s0x6ad66a76e45a05bb:0xf045676053055c0?hl=e

Population heart of Melbourne, On two stations separate lines just extend the Alamein line, close to Caulfield station for those on the Pakenham/Cranbourne and Frankston Lines. Put on and off ramps on the Freeway. Perfect
Can't get rid of Malvern Valley!

But that's actually on the old site of the Outer Circle railway that used to run from Alamein via East Malvern and then to Oakleigh. The rail corridor is actually preserved besides from crossings needed for Dandenong Road, the Monash Freeway and the golf course.

I don't think it's really a good place for a footy stadium. It's quiet suburbia. But they definitely should tear up some of the golf course and rebuild that rail line!

Also, and this may the reason why the story about Collingwood building a stadium went away, but surely the AFL doesn't want a club owning a stadium and other teams renting it out, benefitting the club that owns the stadium.

When Collingwood play at the MCG in front of 90,000, all the poorer clubs benefit through redistribution.

If the Doggies played at Geelong, only the Doggies and Geelong would benefit. It would be an advantage for the Geelong Football Club not afforded other clubs.
No it's not that. An afl club could not afford its own stadium. Their revenue is simply not big enough. Hell the tax payer thanks to eddies lobbying has paid for most of the west Pac center.

Punt rd oval. Build out over the existing carpark, brunton ave and the train tracks. Incorporate a rebuilt Richmond station ( which government are already looking at funding) and you can get straight off the train and walk across a concourse to the G without crossing any roads or stopping the brunton ave/ punt rd traffic.
Perfect location with huge parking access and transport.
Another stadium cod have been easily built where the old Olympic park stadium was. But thanks to Eddie and his lobbying moved the lies in there. Hell the tax payer has even paid for half of eddies renovations

What other events need docklands on the weekend? Soccer GF every blue moon, what else?

I believe Melbourne attracts a lot of international events and could attract a hell of a lot more. From sport to music etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would put it here.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...1!1s0x6ad66a76e45a05bb:0xf045676053055c0?hl=e

Population heart of Melbourne, On two stations separate lines just extend the Alamein line, close to Caulfield station for those on the Pakenham/Cranbourne and Frankston Lines. Put on and off ramps on the Freeway. Perfect

Lol, good luck getting that zoned. The residents may have a thing or two to say about it. It's nothing but suburbia in every direction as far as the eye can see.

I dunno. What does it matter? It's a question of stadium fit.

I'm saying that it's more a question of club fit. Melbourne doesn't need a small stadium for AFL games, and if a club feels that it can't fill the existing ones, well then maybe they are in the wrong (oversaturated) market.

I'm saying that it's more a question of club fit. Melbourne doesn't need a small stadium for AFL games, and if a club feels that it can't fill the existing ones, well then maybe they are in the wrong (oversaturated) market.

Not really relevant to what I was saying.

People seem to have an issue with GA seating in better positions.

I'm saying if it's a game thats only ever going to draw half capacity, why wouldn't you have GA there? The alternative is the bleachers and empty bays below. It doesn't make any sense. And it costs the stadium more, as they have to staff and cover the same amount of patrons across a bigger area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back