Bye bye Game Day Announcer

Remove this Banner Ad

It's becomes a bit tedious when ya losing and having a small crowd in attendance.

But we've had worse....

Remember the giant ballon sausage holding the banner? Tim Rogers pre-game north song that no one sung? John Farnham songs during the halftime trying to get the crowd singing along?
The tshirt cannon? The elephant? The hotdog stand fire?

The tshirt cannon? The elephant? The hotdog stand fire?
c915ef0933ab71e84cd83c2cae88965f.gif

Far from the worst thing about going to games...

Exhibit A. 16.50 pints outside the ground and 12 dollar cans of mid inside are.

I’d pay $50 for a can if it meant I didn’t have to see or hear that moron ever again

COME ON KOSHARI MAKE SOME NOISE YEAHHHHHH HERE WE GO NORTH FANS WOOOOOO

Steve Tabone is the 'hype' guy at the North games. Also think he does the Collingwood games.
Geelong have the girl from the same company - Ash Aidone, but all she seems to do is yell into the mic.

But the two guys that we have in Hobart, Jimmy and Nath, they're absolutely useless, as they have no idea on the game, players or anything. They can F off!

Thanks now I can email the club seeing I have his name

I quite liked having Libby Birch doing a bit over the loudspeakers at the ground. But that shouty guy is awful and the “make some noise” has always been cringeworthy. Now it’s utterly beyond the pale.
Honestly, I only noticed Libby Birch pre-game and I was thinking Uncle_Leo might have lost his mind talking about a bloke on the microphone. Once the game starts, I don't pay any attention to ground announcers so I didn't realise that it wasn't Libby doing the whole game.

Honestly, I only noticed Libby Birch pre-game and I was thinking Uncle_Leo might have lost his mind talking about a bloke on the microphone. Once the game starts, I don't pay any attention to ground announcers so I didn't realise that it wasn't Libby doing the whole game.

ALRIGHT NORTH FANS ITS HALF TIME SO ITS TIME FOR A DANCE PARTY, WE HAVE DJ ARSE FACE ON THE DECKS LETS SEE YOUR MOVES, LETS MAKE SOME NOISE!!

[Call Me Maybe plays and a camera guy pans across multiple North Melbourne fans with their hands in their heads, several are crying, the score reads Hawthorn 96 - 23 North Melbourne]

I thought at the Freo game he might be gone for good. No such luck.

PICK YOUR SONG FOR HALF TIME COLBY !!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GET UP AND DANCE TO???? MAAAAAAAAKE SOOMMMMEEEE NOOOOOIIISSSE!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back