Byron Schammer V Daniel Harris

Byron Schammer V Daniel Harris

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cassius_Clay

Cancelled
NFL Mock Draft Participant NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Participant
Jul 6, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whos better?

Benno_900 said:
If we had a player like Everitt, he'd be in Mitchell's league. Very limited game time and still gets his 20 touches a match.

Everitt helps, but i tell you mate, Mitchell is a dead set freak, even without Everitt, he'll lead the league in clearances, mark my words...

Mitchell is the league's best clearance player, but I don't think he has the ability to make his clearances as damaging as Harris does. His hands are just magical in close.

Thewlis Dish said:
Mitchell is the league's best clearance player, but I don't think he has the ability to make his clearances as damaging as Harris does. His hands are just magical in close.

Granted, but youll find Mitchell will opt to shrug the tackle, probably the best in the business for that too, and then kick the ball...

Nightwolf_69 said:
Everitt helps, but i tell you mate, Mitchell is a dead set freak, even without Everitt, he'll lead the league in clearances, mark my words...

Yep, Mitchell is a freak, but he has someone than knocks the ball down his throat. Harris has to rove opposition ruckman's hitouts.

Here's a stat: Harris leads the league in clearances for the past month. In that month, Cox and Everitt were 2 of the opposing ruckman.

But if Mitchell played the last 2 weeks, he will lead. It's just that a star tap ruckman makes a difference.

Benno_900 said:
Yep, Mitchell is a freak, but he has someone than knocks the ball down his throat. Harris has to rove opposition ruckman's hitouts.

Here's a stat: Harris leads the league in clearances for the past month. In that month, Cox and Everitt were 2 of the opposing ruckman.

But if Mitchell played the last 2 weeks, he will lead. It's just that a star tap ruckman makes a difference.
Well N69 while I agree Sammy Mitchell is the best clearance player in the business, Harro led the league in clearances per minutes played last season and again this.

Daniel is clearly the second best going around.

As for the question, DH all the way.

Nightwolf_69 said:
Granted, but youll find Mitchell will opt to shrug the tackle, probably the best in the business for that too, and then kick the ball...
Yeah I wish Harro would kick the ball more, he is a very good user of the ball by foot but instead seems content on handballing (superbly BTW) out to our other midfielders.

As for this poll, Harro wins easy. But I like Schammer a lot. If it wasn't for Carlton being salary cheats, we would probably have ended up with Schammer instead of Wells and I would have been pretty happy with that. Harro has had a couple of years on Schammer too in terms of his development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benno_900 said:

Yes i also agree that its easier with a dominant ruckman, but have you ever thought how hard it is to do it when you have the number 1 tagger on you every game and that tagger and all other players know that the ball is going to Mitchell everytime, he usually gets tackled as soon as he gets the ball.
Harris is a gun though. dont get me wrong.

I'd take Harris. He's good at actually getting the ball and has good skills. You have to wonder why Laidley leaves him on the bench all the time.

Great bloke as well.

Funny how everyone who has posted in this tread has voted Harris :cool:

Hodge_is_God said:
but Harris >>>>>> Schammer. Not even a contest.

I have no probs people saying Harris is better than Schamm but saying it is no contest is just stupid

Schammer BTW :D

Harris looks really good, I think harris has more strings to his bow than Mitchell, But Mitchell still is the better player.

Harris> schammer.

Good point about Mitchell. The treatment he got last year, and this year with players surrounding him and tackling him immediatley.... to still get the ball, and lead the clearances (while he was fit) is amazing.

harris is a gun by the way, schammer is a different type of player and will be good also.

Schammer has been really really good last 6 or so weeks. He has much more scope than Harris and I'd comfortably take him. I'm pretty sure that will be the general consensus in 12 months time.

Back