Toast Caleb Marchbank - Rnd 6 Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair the media recently have caught on and have emphasised us playing the kids and mentioned some of our good young talent.

I hear commentators in all our games mention how young we are and specifically point out some of the young, talented players.

I think opposition supporters are starting to catch on as well.

Yep on one of the footy shows on Sunday they compared our kids to Brisbane and looked very favourably on ours, they have 2 or 3 guns then it falls away where we have far more depth

Deserved it on season. Less sure on game

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Agree it wasn't his best game for us but it is a testament to him that a 21 disposal and 10 mark game is not the highest quality he has shown to be capable of.

I forget how young and inexperienced he is. Still needs to fill out and work on his skill execution but he's a known quantity in that we know he's an absolute jet!

Congrats to Caleb.

Deserved it on season. Less sure on game

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yep, that's how they typically operate.

In weeks where nobody has an absolutely outstanding game (or those that do have already received nominations) they usually take the opportunity to hand one out to someone who's been consistently in the frame throughout the previous rounds.

I figured Caleb would get his later in the year, but the stars aligned for him to get the nod in round 6, which is great as it leaves plenty of time for a few of our other lads to stand up as well.

A back line of Silvagni, Plowman, Docherty, Marchbank, Simpson and Williamson reminds me of the days of Silvagni, Manton, Sexton, Dean, Rice and Christou

Well done Caleb he's a shining star for sure !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoroughly deserved on the back of a string of very impressive performances for his new club.

Easy to see why he was so highly rated at GWS and why SOS was so keen to bring him across.

This kid is quality. Has a huge future ahead of him.

Love that so many voted Williamson BNB in the rd 6 POTY thread and Marchbank gets the rising star :). What do we know.
Williamson should get it next week if we beat the Pies.
All the commentators are raving about him.
Great to see Marchbank get it though as he has been great every round so far.
Cannot wait for his milestone game when he plays more games for CFC than he played in two years at GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back