Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:
Least we got something out of it.. Jetta will probably tear it up now being comfortable back in Perth.

Probably, but he left for family reasons not because he didn't like the club or we didn't like him. Horse certainly spoke of Jets with a lot of affection last Friday.

No point in forecasting future regrets when the situation was really out of our hands.

Probably, but he left for family reasons not because he didn't like the club or we didn't like him. Horse certainly spoke of Jets with a lot of affection last Friday.

No point in forecasting future regrets when the situation was really out of our hands.

Normally when a player attends a B&F they were no burnt bridges, i think Jetta didnt wanna move but was pursued by his partner.

Congratulations for bending us over at the trade table. Sinclair was a favourite of mine and I really didn't want us to let him go. I assume he directly replaces Mike Pyke, so you've got yourself an upgrade there. Pretty reliable set shot most of the time, but don't be surprised if he does have the odd stinker of a game (round 5 vs Port was one of the worst performances I'd seen from an Eagle, he had severe anti-midas touch that game).

Congratulations for bending us over at the trade table. Sinclair was a favourite of mine and I really didn't want us to let him go. I assume he directly replaces Mike Pyke, so you've got yourself an upgrade there. Pretty reliable set shot most of the time, but don't be surprised if he does have the odd stinker of a game (round 5 vs Port was one of the worst performances I'd seen from an Eagle, he had severe anti-midas touch that game).

You're really underrating Jetta...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jetta worth slightly more overall, but he was out of contract and asked to leave, while Sinclair was contracted and wanted to stay, so a straight swap is pretty fair.

Hoping we play him as a second ruck and continue Tippett in the role he played in the last third of this year.

Good trade. Both sides get a player that fills a hole in their list

Wish Sinclair all the best. Came on really well as the year progressed and will work his arse off for you. Not convinced he's a true no.1 ruck but he'll provide solid support like he did for us

Did he get dropped for any of his poor form this year or has his bad year been exaggerated? I'm sure Sydney would be one of the first clubs to bench a player if they weren't meeting the coaches standards.

It was his best season since 2012, could argue even better because of the change of role since. He so called "poor form" in 2015 has been highly exaggerated.

Glad we were able to get the deal done as a straight swap in the end. Jetta had his heart set on going back to WA so to get Sinclair in return who directly fills a need is a good trade. He's only played 29 games so there's a bit of risk but we've had a history of buying players on the low and turning them into important parts of our side. Hopefully he'll start to hit his prime with us in the next couple of years.

Did he get dropped for any of his poor form this year or has his bad year been exaggerated? I'm sure Sydney would be one of the first clubs to bench a player if they weren't meeting the coaches standards.

Nah mate he didnt get dropped at all for performance issues he mentally checked out for the finals tho and was subbed out of the game against North.

His bad has been grossly exaggerated 2015 was one of the best seasons in his career.

I'm sure Jetta and Redden will ease the pain.

No need to scare us that he'll play the odd dud game. We're used to that in Sydney.

Despite the fears of some on our board, I sense Sinkers will be a big part of our forward planning. Hope he excels with the added responsibility.

Treat Jetta well please. :thumbsu:

Sinclair can get monstered in the Ruck but he's as good as it gets forward as a Ruckmen i think you guys win this one but time will tell...Sinkers will give it all for you guys he really does have a crack !! Hope i can say the same about Jetta but not that confident !

It was his best season since 2012, could argue even better because of the change of role since. He so called "poor form" in 2015 has been highly exaggerated.

Mostly because it happened at the end of the season, which in a certain sense is fair enough, because finals are important. But it doesn't change the fact his form has been mostly great.

Who lost out.? The Swans have been robbed, but always treat their players decently. Jetts>>>>Sinclair. We should have received a 2nd round pick at least, as well.

He had great year but a very, very poor finals series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back