Welcome to East Germany Carlton and Collingwood - who finishes higher in 2023? Collingwood Ofcourse

Who finishes higher?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change it to professional era.

Blues were still using paper bags in the 90s.

Since the league became professional, Carlton have become what StKilda were to the VFL.
Any more goal posts you want to shift?

Even going by your time period, you have won one more premiership then us. If we were such a basket case StKilda levels of terrible, you aren't doing that much better. It's funny how Collingwood supporters think they are this successful juggernaut of a side that people are scared of. The truth is you are seen more like the current Lions outfit. Yes you are there in the top four sometimes, maybe win a final every now and then, but is anybody seriously scared of you? At the end of the day, if you don't win the damn thing, who cares.

Even going by your time period, you have won one more premiership then us. If we were such a basket case StKilda levels of terrible, you aren't doing that much better. It's funny how Collingwood supporters think they are this successful juggernaut of a side that people are scared of. The truth is you are seen more like the current Lions outfit. Yes you are there in the top four sometimes, maybe win a final every now and then, but is anybody seriously scared of you? At the end of the day, if you don't win the damn thing, who cares.
Why would anyone be scared of a footy side they don't even have to play against?

You seriously aren't telling us the good side scare you, like do you need to turn the light on at night scared?

Most reasonable, well thought out post in this thread.
I have always thought you were the smartest and most knowledgeable poster on this website, and this just confirms it. I think we can end this argument now, sorry Collingwood supporters, the GOAT Falcon has chimed in.
Yep, you know you're on a good thing when you're aligned with the Falcon.

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Why would anyone be scared of a footy side they don't even have to play against?

You seriously aren't telling us the good side scare you, like do you need to turn the light on at night scared?
Yep, Collingwood don't scare Carlton.

It's not Collingwood who are standing in the way of Carlton getting the highest draft picks available.

Collingwood's clucthness along with keeping their best 22 on the park should see them lock up a finals spot but a few close misses instead of hit's will keep them out of the top 2.

Carlton's natural evolution of their gameplan along with some better luck from the injury god's should see them lock up finals but a harder draw will keep them away from the double chance.

Collingwood 16 wins (4-7)
Carlton 14 wins (5-8)

I feel bad for anyone who’s standard for achievement is so low.

Most Pies fans would celebrate haggling a $20 discount on a second hand sound system. Or bargaining with their landlord to withdraw their eviction after falling behind on rental payments.

Wish Collingwood would bring back Chris Dawes and Brent Macaffer and start getting serious again.

Nope, we are s**t. We have been terrible for 20 years, we own it. We think it's unacceptable and want the club to do better.

Collingwood has done sweet * all for 60 years, but the supporters have this delusional opinion that they are a modern day powerhouse. They aren't calling for any improvement, they think they're fine where they are. That getting a few finals wins sometimes is good enough. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. But lets not start acting all high and mighty like your club has actually achieved anything recently.

Nope, we are s**t. We have been terrible for 20 years, we own it. We think it's unacceptable and want the club to do better.

Collingwood has done sweet * all for 60 years, but the supporters have this delusional opinion that they are a modern day powerhouse. They aren't calling for any improvement, they think they're fine where they are. That getting a few finals wins sometimes is good enough. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. But lets not start acting all high and mighty like your club has actually achieved anything recently.
Why were Carlton supporters so disappointed in missing the finals this year if they were never going to win it anyway?

Why would we not be disappointed? Got to be in it to win it. No idea what you're possibly getting at.
The general consensus of every Carlton supporter on this thread was a great year would have been to make finals and maybe win a final.

Why would a club aim for that? (based on your earlier comments)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most Collingwood supporters know exactly where we are, we have thick skins, we know we lose many Grand Finals, we don't try brag about how we beat teams in the 2nds, like some here do.

I mean I read the Carlton centenary book (i think it was) and in that it said something like, to be classed as a Carlton great, you had to play well against Collingwood, go figure.

The general consensus of every Carlton supporter on this thread was a great year would have been to make finals and maybe win a final.

Why would a club aim for that? (based on your earlier comments)
I think there is a big difference between what I'm saying and what you are implying here.

That's one individual season. If North Melbourne make the eight next year, that would be a good season for them, agreed?

If North Melbourne was to make the top four consistently for the next 20 years and still never win a premiership, they have failed.

Would I rather finish top four for those 20 years then bottom four, yes. But ultimately, both have achieved the same amount of success.

Would I rather finish top four for those 20 years then bottom four, yes. But ultimately, both have achieved the same amount of success.
Why is it better to finish top 4?

Because that is exactly what you're having a crack at Collingwood supporters about....

Good to see you're comparing Carlton with the current North side. At least that's a realistic comparison.

I have to stay consistent with my early 2023 ladder predictions thread post - So I had Carlton pipping Collingwood for the top spot. No team can win so many games by less than a kick or two. I loved the way the Pies played this season, but that number of close wins is an outlier.

1. Melbourne
2. Geelong
3. Sydney
4. Richmond
5. Brisbane
6. WB
7. Port
8. Carlton
9. Collingwood
10. Fremantle
11. St Kilda
12. Essendon
13. Adelaide
14. GWS
15. Gold Coast
16. West Coast
17. Hawthorn
18. North Melbourne

Falcon was talking about winning when "up".

Carlton havent got it up for 20 years, instead claiming 5 spoons.

They are the StKilda of the AFL

Change it to professional era.

Blues were still using paper bags in the 90s.

Since the league became professional, Carlton have become what StKilda were to the VFL.

Well you’ve won 2 flags in 60 odd years. That is St Kilda tier. I wouldn’t be throwing stones in glass houses if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well you’ve won 2 flags in 60 odd years. That is St Kilda tier. I wouldn’t be throwing stones in glass houses if I were you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If you havent caught on the StK is in reference to spoons.

StK was the laughing stock of the VFL dominating last on the ladder. Since things became professional in the AFL it is Carlton who have made last their own.

Bluebagger fans big talking point is "almost" winning a semi final about 10 years ago.

Why is it better to finish top 4?

Because that is exactly what you're having a crack at Collingwood supporters about....

Good to see you're comparing Carlton with the current North side. At least that's a realistic comparison.
Not really. The issue is thinking that constitutes success. More enjoyable? Sure, everyone likes watching their team win more then lose.

If you havent caught on the StK is in reference to spoons.

StK was the laughing stock of the VFL dominating last on the ladder. Since things became professional in the AFL it is Carlton who have made last their own.

Bluebagger fans big talking point is "almost" winning a semi final about 10 years ago.

You still trolling with your poor record of predictions? Carlton and Dockers fighting to stay out of the bottom 4 wasn't it?

We can all draw a line at any point in history to form a one-sided argument

Facts are, we have more flags, while you have lost more GFs than any other side. See how it works?

At some point, you may want to add some real content to the discussion

Last edited:
'Facts are, we have more flags, while you have lost more GFs than any other side. See how it works?'

Got to love this rationale.

Carlton have one more flag than Collingwood.

But by saying 'Collingwood have lost more Grand Finals than any other side' - is that meant to be an insult to a Collingwood supporter?

By playing in Grand Finals, it means you see your team win a lot of games of footy, and a lot of big finals.

What a great run for our money we regularly get as Collingwood supporters.

Collingwood have in fact won a premiership much more recently than Carlton too.

Whilst, as I said earlier, there are many Carlton supporters on this website who have never seen their club contend for a premiership, let alone win one.

The closest many of you Carton supporters have got to an enjoyable September is cheering on Collingwood's opponents, hoping to keep Collingwood at bay of the magical #16.

But I'm sure you all enjoy it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back