List Mgmt. Carlton's 2020 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I like them all.

Gibbons wasn't drafted. Willo and TDK are good prospects. TDK is probably the only one whose a potential star of the three.

Three possible best 22 players in 5 years from rd 2 or higher.

That's not good for a rebuilding team. Disastrous even.
Partly because we spent so much time, energy, resources and dedication to the first round in those years. Certainly some misses but, all sides have them. Disastrous is our drafting record in the 2000s, not missing out on some opportunities in the later rounds.

Thought the same. Think this is a preliminary trade to open up another opportunity elsewhere.

31 and 38 is equivalent to pick 16, so anything after that point would represent a points gain for a club who value points. GWS with Pick 20 would be the ideal partner.

Nik Cox is rated thereabouts, yeah? Cheeky insurance in case Charlie breakds down completely, otherwise an athletic KPD prospect.

Cox or Reid would be nice sliders, if we can't get that done, bids on Brand and Eyre, * would go into deficit matching both

Nice position

Partly because we spent so much time, energy, resources and dedication to the first round in those years. Certainly some misses but, all sides have them. Disastrous is our drafting record in the 2000s, not missing out on some opportunities in the later rounds.
And did a fairly mediocre job with those picks too with the exception of the Weitering draft and Walsh.

Still time for that to change as kids develop I admit.

Austin was decent in the later rounds at the Dogs. Hope we had a few sets of eyes in WA and SA though.

For some reason (based on nothing much than a hunch) there might still be good kids to be found in QLD and NSW (that are not tied to the Northern Clubs catchment areas/academies)

Plus you have the odd gun in the VFL that everyone slept on (such as Jake Riccardi)

Plenty of good players around if you know where to look.

For some reason (based on nothing much than a hunch) there might still be good kids to be found in QLD and NSW (that are not tied to the Northern Clubs catchment areas/academies)

Plus you have the odd gun in the VFL that everyone slept on (such as Jake Riccardi)

Plenty of good players around if you know where to look.

The problem is there was nowhere to look this year. Any other season I’m backing Austin who has some reasonable form.

No VFL, no NAB league, no u18 champs, WAFL season was cut short, SANFL did well in the end, the other states never offer up too much anyway.

Something tells me we have a Victorian kid in mind. Not sure why.

we must have someone we want. Arrow what’s ur thinking behind it
Screw Arrow. What would he know?

It’s really simple. Many on here (like me) were bleating on about the fact we wanted Saad + a second for 8 and a third. At the very minimum. Well this trade exactly secures that.

It’s a great trade. Even if they don’t trade up they’ve done well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The draft is not about waiting on the picks you have and simply taking the player who is rated as the best available on general consensus, it's about identifying particular players and where you think they might fall out in the draft. It doesn't matter which picks you draft them with as long as you get the players you want. I thought this might be coming at it's a good move. I actually thought it might have simply been pick 38 moving up a bit rather than pick 48.

Where players are rated at the start of the year, changes dramatically end year, every year

This year is no different

Of course this year is different, where the kids were rated at the beginning of this year, is likely where most will stay, there has been no/very little work for them to slide or climb.

Players shoot up the draft board due to a strong season, a strong carnival, a solid return from injury and others slide due to poor form and the opposite of the above.

If there is no champs or no all star game and no NAB league, most of the players will hold their position from the start of the year, which is dangerous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back