Cars & Transportation Cars that sh*t you

Remove this Banner Ad

Including this?
Well they were a 4cyl anyway.. But hey give me a day with one and I'm sure I'll work something out, although having less power than a Smart car won't help, perhaps organise this on a rainy day :p

Also I did say pretty much, not all, obviously it's going to be a lot harder or impossible in an ancient car with less power than a modern 3cyl...

Still point remains any post '90 made 6 cyl, rwd can probably do that easily enough, well as long as you turn off the TCS and ASM. But you will get impounded if you do it here :p
But any driver?

And i'm not going to point out how you completely didn't understand my point in the first place when you had that rash feeling to reply

No wait, I am.
4 cyls are good for grannies and dogooders :p , most 4cyl are FWD, FWD cars suck. Its a complete waste of power and money to put 6cyl's in FWD cars. It shits me driving a car with power that I cant get crossed up without the handbrake.

And i'm not going to point out how you completely didn't understand my point in the first place when you had that rash feeling to reply

No wait, I am.
4 cyls are good for grannies and dogooders :p , most 4cyl are FWD, FWD cars suck. Its a complete waste of power and money to put 6cyl's in FWD cars. It shits me driving a car with power that I cant get crossed up without the handbrake.
Any driver can make the ass end kick out of a rwd car, it takes more skill to make falcons not do that... The average driver isn't inclined to even turn off TCS or ASM, let alone go out and actively try to get their car sideways. The reality is the market for 6cyl, rwd bigger cars is kinda dying in case you missed it, they handle like a barge, chew through fuel like crazy and the only redeeming factor is "sick skids". I mean wasting time and money on front wheel drive cars seems to be working out particularly well for the Japanese car makers, especially those 4cyl fwd cars which "suck" so bad they're some of the best selling cars right now.I mean realistically, for a road car, what road legal reason is there to own a rwd over a fwd or awd/4wd anymore?

Honestly I drive a rwd, 6cyl car built before traction control right now, honestly I would never buy another the thing is a pain in the ass to drive in the wet, any idiot can make a falcon go sideways, not having it spin you out into a wall takes more skill in the wet than that, it isn't even fun during day to day driving it's just dangerous. I mean the ass kicks out on that thing at about 30km/h while taking a corner in the wet, great if you want to drive like a w***er, not so great for anything else.

Any driver can make the ass end kick out of a rwd car, it takes more skill to make falcons not do that... The average driver isn't inclined to even turn off TCS or ASM, let alone go out and actively try to get their car sideways. The reality is the market for 6cyl, rwd bigger cars is kinda dying in case you missed it, they handle like a barge, chew through fuel like crazy and the only redeeming factor is "sick skids". I mean wasting time and money on front wheel drive cars seems to be working out particularly well for the Japanese car makers, especially those 4cyl fwd cars which "suck" so bad they're some of the best selling cars right now.I mean realistically, for a road car, what road legal reason is there to own a rwd over a fwd or awd/4wd anymore?
i don't know what you're talking about. :eek:My first car was a feb 64, ivory white, 4 door sedan EH holden powered by a 179 cubic inch engine and a three speed column shift manual with front bench seat and drum brakes all round on 13 inch wheels.

I use to change gears sideways with a car load of bent teenagers drooling...

But any driver?

No wait, I am.
Did recently accelerate rather enthusiastically off a red light (because why not) in my 4cyl FWD car (turbo I'll grant), heard a lot of noise which slowly got quieter to my left, turns out I accidentally beat a maloo in the next lane off the line to the speed limit, bogan piloting the ute looked a little dirty to say the least.

I believe my face was similar to this:

rvMr6.jpg

Actually Gasometer, unfortunately they didn't...

I had an FG XR6 Turbo. Blew a gearbox plus other ongoing niggly issues. Seating position is too high, couldn't get power down...

All under warranty, no way I was going to hang onto it any longer than 2 years though.

Wow was it a ZF Auto? Must have been a lemon cos they're generally bulletproof German boxes. My '08 G6ET's currently running close to 300 rwkw (Nizpro Stage 2) for the past year and the gearbox is handling it no sweat. The FG turbos are decent cars standard but you have to upgrade the suspension and tyres brakes to really make them shine. The stock tyres especially are terrible at getting the power down in 1st, I switched over to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and Bilstein B6 shocks and now it grips like crazy on the straights as well as cornering.

Nope, you're wrong. The TM was worse. The Gregory's manual sure got a lot of use! Not only did I have one, I had to use two as a loan car when my next car was in the shop. Why two? First one broke down by the 2nd day, and second lasted 3... (EDIT: Come to think of it, the garage loan cars may have been TNs, I don't recall outside of the blinding rage of having to call 3 tow trucks within a week).

I had a spare key from my old car and noticed the key shape was similar to one of the loans. So I tried it out and sure enough, opened the door and started the car without any fuss. Wheels Car of the Year, Ladies and Gentlemen!

Those V4s must have secretly pined to be V8s because they sure drank like one.

Would the '86 model be a TM? That was my first car :D. Also pretty much every 4 cylinder car is in a straight 'I' configuration, not a V.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow was it a ZF Auto? Must have been a lemon cos they're generally bulletproof German boxes. My '08 G6ET's currently running close to 300 rwkw (Nizpro Stage 2) for the past year and the gearbox is handling it no sweat. The FG turbos are decent cars standard but you have to upgrade the suspension and tyres brakes to really make them shine. The stock tyres especially are terrible at getting the power down in 1st, I switched over to Michelin Pilot Super Sports and Bilstein B6 shocks and now it grips like crazy on the straights as well as cornering.

It's not the gearbox that's the problem it's the cooling. It split and dropped water into the 'box.

And I agree with you about the handling - however I couldn't be bothered spending any more on it so got rid of it.

Would the '86 model be a TM? That was my first car :D. Also pretty much every 4 cylinder car is in a straight 'I' configuration, not a V.

Yep, defintitely a TM, lovely car wasn't it. Yeah, I realised I made an error with the 'V4' thing. I've tried to forget a lot about that car, though that leaky sunroof and resulting mold smell in the mornings will forever haunt me. The only thing I liked about it that I wish I had in my later cars was the warning light when a brake light blew.

I cannot stand it when people buy a ute and then lower it

Borrowed my cousins ute on the weekend to move shit. Lowered ridiculous looking piece of crap. Had a few boxes in it, and it was grinding on every bump in the road.

What the hell kind of crap car did u buy Igloo ? sounds atrocious.. lol. :p :eek:

Mazda something something. I don't know cars :p. It runs good enough apart from it's shitty cupholders.

Did recently accelerate rather enthusiastically off a red light (because why not) in my 4cyl FWD car (turbo I'll grant), heard a lot of noise which slowly got quieter to my left, turns out I accidentally beat a maloo in the next lane off the line to the speed limit, bogan piloting the ute looked a little dirty to say the least.

I believe my face was similar to this:

rvMr6.jpg

Haha love going up against V8 utes, so light at the back, all that power and they're useless off the line, just lots of smoke and wheelspin.

Frikkin cant stand the Nissan Skyline, especially when its an old piece of crap and they add a huge exhaust, lower the seat, pump out some s*it music then drive like morons. So typical in Perth.

hqdefault.jpg

There is another car going round that has headlights and a front grill that deliberately makes it look like a smiley face. Lame.

View attachment 38598 if anyone has been to the northen suburbs of Melbourne in the last 10years I give you the wog Ferrari

It's kind of upsetting how the image of JDM automative icons like the R32-34 GTRs and 300ZX have been tainted by the 'fully sik' Australian motoring sub-culture. Anywhere else in the world, these cars would be considered modern classics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back