Cars & Transportation Cars that sh*t you

Remove this Banner Ad

Did lol, but wrong country. Try:

Sebastian-Vettel-finger_2577983.jpg

Focus RS or tuned Golf GTI (stock surely couldn't have kept up with a Maloo)?

Whats with those HSV's around the place that look like batmobiles. Way past the point of looking 'fully sik' to completely ridiculous. And people pay how much for them?

BMW's it especially those cheap shit 80's model beemers.

What the **** did you buy an 80's model BMW for? There over priced, break down alot, have inferior performance and handling then a great wall Ute and repairs often run into the thousands for the simplest jobs.

What the **** did you buy an 80's model BMW for? There over priced, break down alot, have inferior performance and handling then a great wall Ute and repairs often run into the thousands for the simplest jobs.

They are the poor hipster's car of choice

Are you doing a catch all on the 80s BMW's here? The 3 series of that era isn't actually too bad handling wise, as for the repair costs it tends to be greatly exaggerated, the standard parts are pretty much the same price as any other car of the same era. It's only if some highly specific part goes that they start to get expensive, or if you get fleeced by the mechanic. Really though any car built after about 2000 will cost you a fortune if anything goes wrong.

I never said my hate was rational!
Was merely curious as the Euro = expensive bit tends to be a bit of a misconception when it comes to the older ones, the price on all normal replacement parts is quite literally the same or within 10% or so either way (as in occasionally they're cheaper than Japanese cars)

Was merely curious as the Euro = expensive bit tends to be a bit of a misconception when it comes to the older ones, the price on all normal replacement parts is quite literally the same or within 10% or so either way (as in occasionally they're cheaper than Japanese cars)
In my experience parts are pretty well priced from the dealer, it's the cost of labour that gets you (from both dealer and 3rd party mechanics), it's worth shopping around till you find a mechanic that charges based on what they did, not on what sort of car they did it to.

In my experience parts are pretty well priced from the dealer, it's the cost of labour that gets you (from both dealer and 3rd party mechanics), it's worth shopping around till you find a mechanic that charges based on what they did, not on what sort of car they did it to.
True for genuine parts they aren't too bad, but often there's OEM equivalent replacements to be had for a fair bit less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back