2nds Casey Demons 2021 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Let Bowey develop at Casey, no need to bring him in this year. He'll be well up for it when he comes in next year and will be use to the bigger blodies.

Bowey in the stats again is good to see. Lockhart is a bit of a forgotten man for mine - can’t see how he breaks into the side but he was definitely best 22 for me before the season. Also good to see Declase getting some ball, his highlights reel was really exciting so would love to see him push for a senior berth.
Lockhart needs to train himself up as a pressure forward. That's going to be the easiest spot to break into the side.

Lockhart needs to train himself up as a pressure forward. That's going to be the easiest spot to break into the side.
Pretty hard to get past Kossie, Spargo and ANB though. Doesn't have the brains/skills/pace (only Kossie has all three) of those three.

Pretty hard to get past Kossie, Spargo and ANB though. Doesn't have the brains/skills/pace (only Kossie has all three) of those three.
Yeah I'm thinking after an injury more so. With Declase, Smith, Hore Tomlinson on the list it's hard to see him getting a game in defence even with injuries. Even Bowey will have to get a game sometime.

Behind our small forwards are Chandler and Bedford. Not exactly huge depth.

Think he is probably first guy in as a small defender if we get an injury.
This year maybe, next year you for Hore, Declase and Tomlinson. May could play small next year. Even Joel Smith.
Road to the forward line looks easier imo

Yeah I'm thinking after an injury more so. With Declase, Smith, Hore Tomlinson on the list it's hard to see him getting a game in defence even with injuries. Even Bowey will have to get a game sometime.

Behind our small forwards are Chandler and Bedford. Not exactly huge depth.
I think he’s actually a very good lockdown small defender + cracks in hard around defensive stoppages + is good at winning ground balls and making good decisions exiting D50, but is clearly well behind others in what is our strongest line. Clearly AFL standard, would probably do well to go to another club but I like the idea of developing him as small forward depth along with Laurie, who hopefully also plays next year.

I think he’s actually a very good lockdown small defender + cracks in hard around defensive stoppages + is good at winning ground balls and making good decisions exiting D50, but is clearly well behind others in what is our strongest line. Clearly AFL standard, would probably do well to go to another club but I like the idea of developing him as small forward depth along with Laurie, who hopefully also plays next year.

I think alot of those skills can translate to a pressure forward/defensive forward.

He was a small forward all his life before two years ago, hadn't played a single minute before then as a defender I remember him saying. . He could clearly play as one if required.

I rate him as a backman however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really rate Lockhart, I think he's a better backman but could easily become a small forward. Our small defenders/half backs next year, if nev and Hibbo retire which you'd expect. Rivers, Salem, Bowey, Hore, Lockhart, DSmith, Hunt. I'd have him second behind SGTR as a small defender. Deakyn Smith looks really good too.

I really rate Lockhart, I think he's a better backman but could easily become a small forward. Our small defenders/half backs next year, if nev and Hibbo retire which you'd expect. Rivers, Salem, Bowey, Hore, Lockhart, DSmith, Hunt. I'd have him second behind SGTR as a small defender. Deakyn Smith looks really good too.
I wouldn't have thought Hibbo would be looking at retiring at all

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I wouldn't have thought Hibbo would be looking at retiring at all

No way he performs at the same level anyways. Too old

No way he performs at the same level anyways. Too old
31 for a guy who doesn't rely on pace and has been injury free this year is ok. I wouldn't be giving him anything longer than a 1 year deal but to call for him to retire when he is playing well because of his age is ******* dumb

Yea Hibbo will return on a one year deal as a premiership player. I wish Melksham and Hibbo's deals were the opposite coz Jake is the one who needs to think about giving it away.

31 for a guy who doesn't rely on pace and has been injury free this year is ok. I wouldn't be giving him anything longer than a 1 year deal but to call for him to retire when he is playing well because of his age is ******* dumb

Completely agree although I'd say he relies on his pace a little. He's a desperation player. He's a good not great kick, not overly strong in the air either. 100% deserves another year but I could see him falling off a cliff like Jetta

Completely agree although I'd say he relies on his pace a little. He's a desperation player. He's a good not great kick, not overly strong in the air either. 100% deserves another year but I could see him falling off a cliff like Jetta
Yeah it would come with a provision that he could be playing in the 2's for part of the year

But rather than retiring him and giving his spot to the kid he deserves first crack again next year and the kid needs to dislodge him from the team

I think he absolutely relies on his pace and agree the fall will be hard. He's already gone from a guy who could shut and down and still rebound a heap (see All Australian year) to a guy who is mostly just a defender now. He can't burst onto his left as easy now and even has to occasionally go right.

Yeah it would come with a provision that he could be playing in the 2's for part of the year

But rather than retiring him and giving his spot to the kid he deserves first crack again next year and the kid needs to dislodge him from the team

Quite simply you find me a Melbourne supporter who doesn't want the pig standing in the backline in the first qualifying final and I'll call him and idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back