2nds Casey Demons 2021 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he absolutely relies on his pace and agree the fall will be hard. He's already gone from a guy who could shut and down and still rebound a heap (see All Australian year) to a guy who is mostly just a defender now. He can't burst onto his left as easy now and even has to occasionally go right.

People said similar heading into this year, I don't think his play has dropped much compared to what he was last year.

I don't think he's dropped off much this year either, his job is easier this year though.

To be fair I think everyone has easier roles this year. Hunt and Rivers are a big attacking burden off Pigs shoulders.

Reality is Hore and Pig are probably competing for the same slot from next year. Hore taller but lighter on and can definitely play the medium role Pig plays.

Reality is Hore and Pig are probably competing for the same slot from next year. Hore taller but lighter on and can definitely play the medium role Pig plays.

Hore out of contract. Given his injury history i wouldn't say hes anything more than 50/50 to be on the list next year.

Hore out of contract. Given his injury history i wouldn't say hes anything more than 50/50 to be on the list next year.
Considering we stuck by Nietschke I reckon Hore gets moved to the rookie list.

Casey’s foot skills were very good yesterday - particularly in the back half.

We really looked a level above when passing the ball around low and quick.

Mark Williams has done a fantastic job improving our foot skills.

Speaking of Max , he's playing his daddy Scott Lycett this week, usually crumbles like a b*tch when Lycett puts the physicality to him.
How good was it seeing him put that to bed. I suppose Duursma wasn't playing though so he didn't have his 2IC in shithousery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hore has never played as well as Hibberd is playing this year

How good was it seeing him put that to bed. I suppose Duursma wasn't playing though so he didn't have his 2IC in shithousery.

Lycett didn't even try, no idea why. Got his ass handed to him in the process.

Hore has never played as well as Hibberd is playing this year
Yeah but Hibberd is 31 while Hore is 25, and Hore was playing KPD without either of Lever or May effectively (and still doing pretty well). Agree Pig is the better player but Father Time catches up with everyone except Tom Brady

My worry is that both Hore & Lockhart have never been rated that highly internally, based on selection, despite me having both in top 28

Pig is such a vital cog in the backline. Cracks in harder than anyone in the team still and is playing the role of a steady vet head in the backline keeping possession well now.

Prefer what he is doing now than getting tons of rebounds, but was pretty awesome watching him rack up possies in 17.

Never can predict when the cliff will come but he's such a great glue guy atm, keep it rolling until it does.

Yeah but Hibberd is 31 while Hore is 25, and Hore was playing KPD without either of Lever or May effectively (and still doing pretty well). Agree Pig is the better player but Father Time catches up with everyone except Tom Brady
I reckon Hibbo’s spot is going to Bowey.

I reckon Hibbo’s spot is going to Bowey.
Means we will struggle to cover the Toby Greene types. We really need a true medium defender to develop behind Pig.

Pig retiring? * off.

Hibbo did such a ripper job in Round 6 that Hardwick took Dusty off field at half time and then sent him to New Zealand for two weeks... and Dusty still hasn't recovered from it.

That's why Richmond have fallen off a cliff. Dusty still has night tremors thinking about how badly Pig smashed him at the G.

Means we will struggle to cover the Toby Greene types. We really need a true medium defender to develop behind Pig.

May will be play on Greene types moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back