Unofficial Preview Cats V Hawks - Another Chapter in THE RIVALRY..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This isn't true.

Yes, we can *technically* make finals if we lose on Saturday, but it's mistaken to suggest we "should" still make finals in that circumstance. Provided we lose to the Hawks we will need two of the following three outcomes to occur:

- North Melbourne to lose against Adelaide when the Crows have nothing to play for
- Sydney to lose two of the next three games (they face Melbourne, GWS and Hawthorn)
- Port Adelaide to lose two of the next three games (they face a Gaff-less West Coast at home, an injury-hit Collingwood, and play Essendon at home when the Bombers won't have anything to play for)

There are also other ways we can make finals but they're so unlikely they're not even worth listing. In any event, I think it's *far* more likely that we miss the eight than make it if we lose on the weekend.
We will thump hawthorn. 6 goals plus

A bit like the game where we sent Harry to Cyril and he slaughtered us out the back.
More along the lines that Scarlett has Kolo train to play on both talls & smaller players, and earlier this year he was spending more time playing on small & medium forwards than tall forwards - that's why I wouldn'tld be surprised to see him lining up on one of the Hawks small forwards

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don’t win there is going to be a big backlash considering the talent that is on this list

Would be one of the most dissapointing year in memory to miss out on the finals this year
Even if we lose (which we won’t) we’ll still make the 8 by order of top 8 sides playing each other and cancelling each other out.

Agree though, if we miss, serious questions have to be asked of players and coaches.

Hey guys, does Danger play more mid or less than mid time than last week?

Depends if Roughy tries to injure him at the opening bounce or not. ;)

According to my ladder predictor we will finish 6th maybe even as high as 4th if GWS can beat Melb in Melb in Rd 23. I don’t see us missing.
But with just 3 wins from the last 7 games, we’d better start getting into a winning mindset real soon.
I’m not even entertaining the option of losing to the Hawks. We simply shouldn’t if we are fair dinkum

I think we're in broad agreement. A loss to the Hawks would (1) reduce but not eliminate Geelong's chance of making the finals and (2) be an indication that Geelong is a second-tier team.

But to say that the club is "playing for its season" or that it "must win" to make the finals is an exaggeration.

This isn't true.

Yes, we can *technically* make finals if we lose on Saturday, but it's mistaken to suggest we "should" still make finals in that circumstance. Provided we lose to the Hawks we will need two of the following three outcomes to occur:

- North Melbourne to lose against Adelaide when the Crows have nothing to play for
- Sydney to lose two of the next three games (they face Melbourne, GWS and Hawthorn)
- Port Adelaide to lose two of the next three games (they face a Gaff-less West Coast at home, an injury-hit Collingwood, and play Essendon at home when the Bombers won't have anything to play for)

There are also other ways we can make finals but they're so unlikely they're not even worth listing. In any event, I think it's *far* more likely that we miss the eight than make it if we lose on the weekend.

OK, we can agree to disagree.

The bookmakers seem to agree with my view - they currently have Sydney and North Melbourne as the two teams to miss out, with Port Adelaide the 8th most likely team to make it.

Regardless, it should be interesting to see how things play out in the next 3 weeks.

Even if we lose (which we won’t) we’ll still make the 8 by order of top 8 sides playing each other and cancelling each other out.

Agree though, if we miss, serious questions have to be asked of players and coaches.
For that we'll win by 8 goals
Their forward and our defensive lineups this week
Burgoyne Gunston Schoenmakers
Thurlow Henderson Kolodjashnij
Breust Roughead Puopolo
Stewart Blicavs Tuohy

Danger, Selwoods, Ablett, Duncan, Kelly Menegola to whip O'Meara, Mitchell, Shiel , Smith and some young bloke

Hawkins Menzel Narkle Parfitt Jones Stanley to have a field day

Stanley and Abbott take their second stringer to the cleaners

Take care of Stratton and Frawley and we should be winning comfortably

Use Cunico, Kelly, DuncanAblett to kick the ball around their defensive statues and put the ball in the space in the F50

Presto and potentially top four bound, provided Collingwood lose to Port Adelaide

We're crap at the week off anyway, so a final at GMHBA to start, followed by hopefully an MCG run

Topple Tigers on last day of September by a point on the siren to see Hardwick crying buckets of excuses

First this week to have Alistair punching many holes in the change rooms and potentially sit on the sidelines with Gaff

Ahhh, some things bring such joy in this sport

Was quietly confident of our credentials against the Hawks, but as the season has progressed I've lost some faith.

I put us, with a wing and a prayer, as a 50% chance on Saturday at the very best. In fact, I called the loss against the Tigers and predicted a loss to the Hawks on the back of that game. How I still see it.

I have also been confident that we were in front of them on the rebuilding curve, but again, am no longer so sure. I think they might've overtaken us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back