Competition CCRC | Season 2- Hub Thread

What era should the Retro Round be focused on?

• 1980's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, seeing as all of my kits have been displayed could I get some feedback in terms of overall design?
35WH6CN.png

Hey guys, seeing as all of my kits have been displayed could I get some feedback in terms of overall design?
35WH6CN.png

It's not bad at all, really. Quite like the set. Maybe not overly adventurous but it's sort of tough to be with rugby designs, I guess.

I love that 9s kit Klim. Excellent. The rest of it is solid. Double blue is a hard colour scheme to get to really pop but as usual your execution is clean.

fH1qniu.png

Five out of eight playoff berths have been clinched with two rounds remaining.

The playoff picture looks like the following

NORTH QF1: Suns/Helvetics vs. Bears/Reivers/Charms
NORTH QF2: Suns/Helvetics vs. Helvetics/Bears/Reivers
SOUTH QF1: Angeles vs. Vulcans/Badgers/Warriors
SOUTH QF2: Two Blues/Vulcans vs. Vulcans/Badgers​

fH1qniu.png

Five out of eight playoff berths have been clinched with two rounds remaining.

The playoff picture looks like the following

NORTH QF1: Suns/Helvetics vs. Bears/Reivers/Charms
NORTH QF2: Suns/Helvetics vs. Helvetics/Bears/Reivers
SOUTH QF1: Angeles vs. Vulcans/Badgers/Warriors
SOUTH QF2: Two Blues/Vulcans vs. Vulcans/Badgers​
South QF2- I could play myself? That'll look weird for percentage :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SdJj8Zy.png

Current finals are looking to be:

NORTH SF1: LA Suns vs. Border Reivers or Dublin Charms
NORTH SF2: Helvetics vs. Birmingham Bears
SOUTH SF1: Medellin Angeles vs. Wellington or Suva or Singapore
SOUTH SF2: Sydney Two Blues vs. North Island Vulcans (home team TBD)​

Freight Train, you should consider sending your LA Suns league and union designs in to the Catalan Dragons.

Hmm, maybe not a bad idea. :p

Now that the season is over I wish to present to the board this redesign of the competition logo. I know that this years was not popular so I went back to the drawing board to create something completely new and unique that not only was able to work on a majority of designs (as it now has less cut in and is automatically bordered and removes most of the issues that were brought up with the last logo), but also simplified the design to something that could be recognised as being linked to the rugby codes.

So to describe the design, I decided to use the letters of the competition to be the focus of the design, but in doing so use them to also represent the sport itself, so the letters CCRC have been simplified and rotated to form V's/chevrons which as we know are common design elements of league and union uniforms. I then utilised the colours of the competition to separate the C's from the R and to also define the different logos (League, and two conferences). The addition of the NTHN and STHN to the conference logos was something that took a long time to decide on, but I included them as I felt that in reality they would be used to allow the casual observer to understand the difference between the logos. I also dropped the year from the logo as I don't think it was needed. Finally I made two versions that could be used for each conference, one with a dark border and light text and one with a light border with dark text so that they could be adapted to any kit.

CCRC%20Logo%202018%20redesign%20presentation%20gbg_zpseulxo0ql.png

Now that the season is over I wish to present to the board this redesign of the competition logo. I know that this years was not popular so I went back to the drawing board to create something completely new and unique that not only was able to work on a majority of designs (as it now has less cut in and is automatically bordered and removes most of the issues that were brought up with the last logo), but also simplified the design to something that could be recognised as being linked to the rugby codes.

So to describe the design, I decided to use the letters of the competition to be the focus of the design, but in doing so use them to also represent the sport itself, so the letters CCRC have been simplified and rotated to form V's/chevrons which as we know are common design elements of league and union uniforms. I then utilised the colours of the competition to separate the C's from the R and to also define the different logos (League, and two conferences). The addition of the NTHN and STHN to the conference logos was something that took a long time to decide on, but I included them as I felt that in reality they would be used to allow the casual observer to understand the difference between the logos. I also dropped the year from the logo as I don't think it was needed. Finally I made two versions that could be used for each conference, one with a dark border and light text and one with a light border with dark text so that they could be adapted to any kit.

That's really cool. Have you tried a version at 90 degrees with the NTHN/STHN written vertically?

Not bad. Don't think it needs the extra two chevrons under the n/sthn though.

That's really cool. Have you tried a version at 90 degrees with the NTHN/STHN written vertically?

It started that way but instead of showing the chevrons with the CCRC text being secondary the CCRC is there but not the chevrons.

My thinking was that when players raise their arms to fend or catch the ball the patch would be rotated and would reveal the CCRC text, while when in the normal position it shows off the chevrons.

Not bad. Don't think it needs the extra two chevrons under the n/sthn though.

But then it would say RC NTHN/STHN not CCRC NTHN/STHN.

It started that way but instead of showing the chevrons with the CCRC text being secondary the CCRC is there but not the chevrons.

My thinking was that when players raise their arms to fend or catch the ball the patch would be rotated and would reveal the CCRC text, while when in the normal position it shows off the chevrons.

I only just noticed the chevrons read as CCRC...

Then we could rename the comp? tbh I have no idea what ccrc even stands for. I just call it the rugby comp.

I really like it craegus

Probably your best logo work IMO.

I'd possibly widen it slightly so that it's not quite so long, and ensure all the line weight is the same, but it's a great idea. Clean, nails the brief. It's a patch so it would work on any coloured shirt, even with stripes.

Back