2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 13 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Great that Butters is on the comeback trail, but I can't recall the last time a Port player went from TBC during rehab for a long term injury to being named the same week.

Very stylish indigenous jumper for the Maggies, but surely having a sponsor's name that looks to be `British' on it could confuse the living f*** out of the Elizabeth to and froms, and they may have to contact eddie everywhere for advice on the matter. ;)

That decision to send our non selected players back from Melb early, plus the Lazarus-like recoveries of a few players has sure changed things in the blink of an eye - I could just about see the s**t eating grin on the face of the SANFL dude who was telling Timmy G that all their games were going ahead as scheduled. I thought we'd be in for a 20 goal hiding, if we didn't have to forfeit. Maybe that bloke already knew about the returning Port and Crows players.

I have for years wanted us to do a dot painting prison bar. Put a few teal and silver dots in the stripes and hey presto, not black and white stripes.

Wear in both competition's Indigenous rounds.

YASSSSSSSSSSS

My fave footy fixture since 1980 rolls round again. With the fam split fiddy/fiddy, this clash has caused some epic dust-ups over the years. Some personal Port v Centrals highlights include:

* 5yo me tumbling arse over tit down the back of the hill at Lizbeff Oval and smashing face-first into the mesh-wire fence at my very first game of footy, round 1, 1980. My howls shook the 5112.

* being the only Port supporter at Lizbeff Grove Primary back in the day, which meant the token Centrals player took the absolute piss out of me every pie n pasty night, unwittingly egging on my Doggies team-mates, cue playground banter and me running for my life across the school oval.

* little brother winning the handball comp at the 1985 Salisbury Park Primary School fete. Centrals defender Mark Prior presented him with a Bulldogs towel, which he then dumped in a metal bin, told Prior his team “suck[ed] s**t!” and gave him the finger. Lil bro was such a lil campaigner, lol.

* playing mini-league for Centrals and being spat on by Doggies fans after we got smashed by Westies’ team of man-children. Their rover was taller than our ruck, ffs. Swear they pulled some Smithfield s**t by playing grown ass men in under-age teams, smh.

* my dickhead brothers (one barracks for Port, the other Centrals) punching on with their old mates from Lizbeff back in the day at the ‘96 grand final. Then punching on with each other back at Mum’s coz my Centrals brother was a sore loser who couldn’t cop the merciless s**t we were giving him.

Ports better win farken...

YASSSSSSSSSSS

My fave footy fixture since 1980 rolls round again. With the fam split fiddy/fiddy, this clash has caused some epic dust-ups over the years. Some personal Port v Centrals highlights include:

* 5yo me tumbling arse over tit down the back of the hill at Lizbeff Oval and smashing face-first into the mesh-wire fence at my very first game of footy, round 1, 1980. My howls shook the 5112.

* being the only Port supporter at Lizbeff Grove Primary back in the day, which meant the token Centrals player took the absolute piss out of me every pie n pasty night, unwittingly egging on my Doggies team-mates, cue playground banter and me running for my life across the school oval.

* little brother winning the handball comp at the 1985 Salisbury Park Primary School fete. Centrals defender Mark Prior presented him with a Bulldogs towel, which he then dumped in a metal bin, told Prior his team “suck[ed] sh*t!” and gave him the finger. Lil bro was such a lil campaigner, lol.

* playing mini-league for Centrals and being spat on by Doggies fans after we got smashed by Westies’ team of man-children. Their rover was taller than our ruck, ffs. Swear they pulled some Smithfield sh*t by playing grown ass men in under-age teams, smh.

* my dickhead brothers (one barracks for Port, the other Centrals) punching on with their old mates from Lizbeff back in the day at the ‘96 grand final. Then punching on with each other back at Mum’s coz my Centrals brother was a sore loser who couldn’t cop the merciless sh*t we were giving him.

Ports better win farken...
What happened to your Magpiespower account mate?

My digital pass is working fine today. But is certainly not reliable at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mine is working a treat, unlike our forward line at the moment. Central's Aleer is killing us.

leek alleer is one for us to watch a bit today. I haven’t paid much attention to him but lots of draft watchers saying he’s improving rapidly and could end up on an afl list.

20yr old 196cm (off the top of my head) chb.

Could be a rookie list option for us..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back