Opinion CEY how many games next year? Can he make an impact?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Thought people that keep posting CEY related stuff might like a thread started to discuss his prospects in 2016 instead of posting in the Dean Gore thread!:)

My thoughts : can't see why CEY won't be getting games next year if he has a strong pre-season with the loss of "Voldemort" from the midfield rotations, I'd expect Thompson to still be 1st cab off the rank initially, Sloane and B. Crouch obviously and then all of Douglas, M.Crouch, D. Gore and CEY fighting it out for other spots. Personally I'd like to see Rory Sloane and Douglas used more on the outside. The one I'm having trouble fitting in is Rory Atkins at this stage. We really do have good midfield depth now though very reliant top end class wise on Brad Crouch getting back to his best form and injury free.

I see CEY playing 22 games. He takes Voldemort's place. Forget Grigg and Lyons, they are too slow for the AFL. Everyone is counting on Brad Crouch to return, if he doesn't Dean Gore will be right in the mix. Atkins is the one I see missing out as well unless Cameron gets hurt.

ah - in retrospect that should have been obvious but I have no idea what Voldemont means

Ahhh you are not a Harry Potter fan then. Voldemort is the name of Tom Riddle who was the dark Wizard opposed to HP. His name was not to be mentioned amongst the wizard community.:)

CEY has size and athletic advantage over the other guys fighting it out. Also has marking strength which we lack. Good tackler, clearance player i think he can take the next step. Comparing CEY who played the first half of the year and Lyons who played the second half of the year - CEY comes out well in front.

25 games and kills it :rainbow:

Last edited:
Not sure. Was selected at 55 in the previous draft but did do well in a dozen games in the VFL after an injury. As part of the Danger trade, there's a bit of enthusiasm around that he might be a bit of a bolter. We'll have to wait and see I suppose, although he is apparently having a very good preseason so far.

Really hope he can get games early next year. The kid just has something. I think he can be the ideal big-bodied replacement for Thompson.

Not sure. Was selected at 55 in the previous draft but did do well in a dozen games in the VFL after an injury. As part of the Danger trade, there's a bit of enthusiasm around that he might be a bit of a bolter. We'll have to wait and see I suppose, although he is apparently having a very good preseason so far.
People WILL compare Gore to Kerridge ......no apparent weapons, but a good honest footballer in the Douglas mould

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CEY has size and athletic advantage over the other guys fighting it out. Also has marking strength which we lack. Good tackler, clearance player i think he can take the next step. Comparing CEY who played the first half of the year and Lyons who played the second half of the year - CEY comes out well in front.

Agree ...if CEY can improve on last year, he gives our midfield a POD, that without looks to have too many similar player types

How about some of those running goals he kicked at A.O

It looked like he was hardly jogging but nobody could get near him!

I posed that question last year. It looks like he's still got another gear or 2. I'm not sure if he has because I haven't seen the ball tucked under his arm yet or whether he's just one of those guys that doesn't look like they're moving quick. He also has a nice step in traffic and finds himself some time in there.

I posed that question last year. It looks like he's still got another gear or 2. I'm not sure if he has because I haven't seen the ball tucked under his arm yet or whether he's just one of those guys that doesn't look like they're moving quick. He also has a nice step in traffic and finds himself some time in there.

I agree. As I said earlier in the year, time slows down when he has the ball, perhaps a little Pendlebury like. I thought that he showed something worth persevering with during his stint. He didn't deserve to be dropped (I thought he was "rested" at the time), but ended up permanently rested. This was unfair treatment: he deserved a good run at proving himself. Hopefully, he will get that this year. This sort of go/stop treatment of AFC players is not uncommon and must be morale-sapping.

You're a bit of a draft nut. Is that why he'd slip, no apparent weapons, but probably still going to be a decent footballer? A couple of his results at the combine were meant to be pretty good.
Honestly have no idea .....i know watching the U18's that year he was a very good player in all the games i watched, just not one you said to yourself "i hope we get him in the draft"?

I guess you look at one particular play that pricks your ears .....but with Gore there were none of those moments ......he's just the definition of a solid player, nothing wrong with that.....as long as you don't have too many on the list

ATM he sits in that group of Lyons, Grigg, Seedsman, Cheney

How about some of those running goals he kicked at A.O

It looked like he was hardly jogging but nobody could get near him!
Agree - I was always a critic but he shut me up last year - just the way he did some things said he def has something. Some of his movement out of the middle and hitting up tex was ridiculous.

But like a few others, it's now or never. The diff with CEY though is you feel that if it ever comes together it will be A grade, unlike most of the others who seem to have less ceiling

I like what you are saying. I think his motivation is paramount. That and pretty much everything else.:drunk: Someone posted a pic of all the indigenous lads having dinner at Eddies a while back to welcome Milera. I liked his smile. He's on board. Look I can't crystal ball and say he will play 20 odd games but I think the taste that he had in season 2015 closed a confidence gap and gave him a realisation that with his attributes he belongs. Hope he continues to strive.:rainbow:

People WILL compare Gore to Kerridge ......no apparent weapons, but a good honest footballer in the Douglas mould
Douglas has weapons. Is a great user of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back