Changes and tactics vs St. Kilda - Stretch, OMac Out - Jetta, Lewis In

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't mind Josh Wagner's game TBH. And we'd be too short doing this.
Agree that Wagner has been okay the last couple of weeks, but I just don't think he gets a guernsey ahead of Lewis. Agree it leaves us short, but would rather have Hibberd and Hore play taller if we need someone, given Wagner isn't particularly tall anyway.

Agree that Wagner has been okay the last couple of weeks, but I just don't think he gets a guernsey ahead of Lewis. Agree it leaves us short, but would rather have Hibberd and Hore play taller if we need someone, given Wagner isn't particularly tall anyway.
Lewis will help organise our defence. I agree we need him for a bit whilst Lever and May are out. He can be very good but also very frustrating.

He should be playing VFL. He needs to get fit. He looks like Jack Nicholson courtside at a BB game. No time for him right now. If we win v St Kilda then we get Richmond at a reasonable time with their outs. May needs fitness.

Ok that's just stupid. He got to the club unfit but Goodwin has said we were very happy with his pre season and he was ready for round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute given. His game was brilliant.

Also like a posted in the defence thread

Every other side that has played in the round so far have between 35-50 intercept marks. We have 19.

We had 11 and we nearly double our season total in one week.

Hore took 4 and Frost 2

I know I’m in the minority but I like Frost. He doesn’t have a sure kick, so you hold your breath every time he takes one. But he’s really athletic and we don’t have a bunch of that in the back.
He’s not very good at football which is an issue

Also like a posted in the defence thread

Every other side that has played in the round so far have between 35-50 intercept marks. We have 19.

We had 11 and we nearly double our season total in one week.

Hore took 4 and Frost 2
I know Frost gets a serious beating in these parts, but I do believe he is a more than handy player if surrounded by a really good KPD. He is very strong, he is fast, he can take a great grab and he simply needs encouragement to just back himself in with his disposal. If he can stream from HB and hit TMac or Weidemann then he provides a tough proposition.

I’d like him to zone less and be led to the ball more, that way he might not get as perplexed as when he does zone off and lose his man.

I know Frost gets a serious beating in these parts, but I do believe he is a more than handy player if surrounded by a really good KPD. He is very strong, he is fast, he can take a great grab and he simply needs encouragement to just back himself in with his disposal. If he can stream from HB and hit TMac or Weidemann then he provides a tough proposition.

I’d like him to zone less and be led to the ball more, that way he might not get as perplexed as when he does zone off and lose his man.
That’s a lot that needs to go his way just so he can be ok, he’s just not very good

It'll be interesting to see where our back 6 ends up at the end of the year

May/Lever/Salem are in as is Jetta.

I think Hore might have a claim aswell after that performance. Hibberd probably takes a spot but his form is worrying. He can't seem to break tackles this season.

Problem is that it means we only have 1 key defender. The way modern footy is going we need both Lever and Hore, means we have to sacrifice one of Hibberd or Jetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back