Changes and tactics vs St. Kilda - Stretch, OMac Out - Jetta, Lewis In

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m in the minority but I like Frost. He doesn’t have a sure kick, so you hold your breath every time he takes one. But he’s really athletic and we don’t have a bunch of that in the back.
So do I in a strange way. I quite enjoy the added buzz from holding my breath every time he gets the ball because I have no idea what will happen. I suddenly appreciate the neurophysiology of being a long odds gambler.

So do I in a strange way. I quite enjoy the added buzz from holding my breath every time he gets the ball because I have no idea what will happen. I suddenly appreciate the neurophysiology of being a long odds gambler.

He does offer a rush of adrenaline, there’s no doubt about that.

I know Hore played well, but he also had a very Frostlike out on full at a really shitty time for it.

He does offer a rush of adrenaline, there’s no doubt about that.

I know Hore played well, but he also had a very Frostlike out on full at a really shitty time for it.
It was also his 2nd ever senior game.

It was also his 2nd ever senior game.

No doubt.

On the plus side, after recently sitting through the 2018 matches where we looked overwhelmed and frantic trying desperately to hold onto leads, I actually thought we played with much more composure late in this one. Much calmer imo. Of course this was my first 2019 match viewing at a time of day that allowed for socially acceptable bourbon consumption so I may need to rewatch that 4th quarter again to be sure.

Yeah my only worry is Sydney look bottom 4 quality at the money. They should Have lost to Carlton and we probably should have been out of the game against them early.

Very possible, but we just needed the W man, I don’t care if they somehow scheduled us against a high school team.

It'll be interesting to see where our back 6 ends up at the end of the year

May/Lever/Salem are in as is Jetta.

I think Hore might have a claim aswell after that performance. Hibberd probably takes a spot but his form is worrying. He can't seem to break tackles this season.

Problem is that it means we only have 1 key defender. The way modern footy is going we need both Lever and Hore, means we have to sacrifice one of Hibberd or Jetta.
C'mon man, you can't seriously be suggesting Jetta isn't best 22 after a few bad games? He's coming off four years of elite footy. Hore was good on Thursday, nine marks / four intercept marks is the best any of our defenders have played this year, but our first three games were s**t. You're going way, way, way too early suggesting that we need him going forward. Hibberd and particularly Jetta have way more runs on the board and all three are starters until Lever is back. We'll have a much better idea of the kind of player Hore is in 10 weeks. He might replace Hibberd, who seems to have gone slow, but you're shooting from the hip here.

C'mon man, you can't seriously be suggesting Jetta isn't best 22 after a few bad games? He's coming off four years of elite footy. Hore was good on Thursday, nine marks / four intercept marks is the best any of our defenders have played this year, but our first three games were s**t. You're going way, way, way too early suggesting that we need him going forward. Hibberd and particularly Jetta have way more runs on the board and all three are starters until Lever is back. We'll have a much better idea of the kind of player Hore is in 10 weeks. He might replace Hibberd, who seems to have gone slow, but you're shooting from the hip here.

No I don't think you read my post properly and you'll probably get some likes for misquoting me.

Petty amongst the bests at Casey makes me keen to give him another go for Oscar.

Garlett for Spargo.

I'd give Lewis half a game in the twos before bringing him back for ANZAC Day eve.

I don't know how the **** we are gonna set up with Lewis in. He probably takes Fritschs spot in the back line so does Bailey go forward or onto the other wing?

Wing for me. Stretch on the other. Question is what to do with Jones after that. Probably mostly forward with a few relief stints in the middle and on a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I don't think you read my post properly and you'll probably get some likes for misquoting me.

I read it twice to make sure I was reading it right. You were suggesting one of Hibberd or Jetta would have to be sacrificed for an extra marking defender like Hore?

I read it twice to make sure I was reading it right. You were suggesting one of Hibberd or Jetta would have to be sacrificed for an extra marking defender like Hore?

My first line said Jetta is a lock, then I said it will be interesting to see in the future how we get Hore into the side because we do need the marking option. I think we will want to keep Salem and Lewis/Fritsch as kickers so yeah going forward Jetta and Hibberds spots would be the one he is fighting for. If Hibberd continues to struggle he might not make it to the end of the year because he has one style.

Wing for me. Stretch on the other. Question is what to do with Jones after that. Probably mostly forward with a few relief stints in the middle and on a wing.

Defensive forward. Same role as Vandenberg.

My first line said Jetta is a lock, then I said it will be interesting to see in the future how we get Hore into the side because we do need the marking option. I think we will want to keep Salem and Lewis/Fritsch as kickers so yeah going forward Jetta and Hibberds spots would be the one he is fighting for. If Hibberd continues to struggle he might not make it to the end of the year because he has one style.
Fair enough. If Hore is taking 8-10 marks a game, he'll have a spot sewn up. Most teams pick seven defenders with two of them being keys. I suspect our preferred mix is Lever/May/Hibberd/Jetta/Salem/Lewis and then one of Hore/Frost/McDonald/Kolodjashnij. Probably depends on the match ups week to week whether we go taller or smaller.

Fair enough. If Hore is taking 8-10 marks a game, he'll have a spot sewn up. Most teams pick seven defenders with two of them being keys. I suspect our preferred mix is Lever/May/Hibberd/Jetta/Salem/Lewis and then one of Hore/Frost/McDonald/Kolodjashnij. Probably depends on the match ups week to week whether we go taller or smaller.

Depends if we consider Lever the 2nd or 3rd tall at his best. I think our defensive set up will be hugely different by next year though it's just not working at any level at the moment. The talls are struggling but the ground ball stuff has been just as bad.

It'll be interesting to see where our back 6 ends up at the end of the year

May/Lever/Salem are in as is Jetta.

I think Hore might have a claim aswell after that performance. Hibberd probably takes a spot but his form is worrying. He can't seem to break tackles this season.

Problem is that it means we only have 1 key defender. The way modern footy is going we need both Lever and Hore, means we have to sacrifice one of Hibberd or Jetta.
Best back 6 IMO;

Jetta May Hibberd
Salem Lever Fritsch

Need to keep Hore around if he is playing well enough. I wouldn’t be dropping Hibberd unless he is really out of form, and they’d want Lewis in there as well so maybe he starts on the bench with Hore. It’s tough.

If everyone is fully fit I don’t think we can accomodate KK, Frost and McDonald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back