Preview Changes/Preview – Round 17 v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumpster Fire GIF
200.gif
Is it time to 1688629755840.jpeg

Imagine playing a tall forward line when it’s wet the playing a small forward line under a closed roof….starting to think we are tanking or the selection committee have 0 idea

I don't mind the outs.

It's the ins that baffle me. Jordon, again???? Ok for Spargo to swap with Chandler and Woewoedin for Harmes seems ok.

But this means our forward line is Ben Brown and a bunch of smalls, including old man Melky.

Where is JVR? Why hasn't Tomo been recalled and Petty swung forward?

I'm all for rewarding form in the VFL, which is what Goody seems to be doing - Melky, Smith, Woewoedin, and Jordon. Unfortunately three of those guys are total spuds when they play AFL. They have had enough chances. Then he doesn't reward people who have shown form in AFL (Tomo).

Guys, ive kept my mouth shut in regards to bad mouthing the coaching staff as he's a premiership coach but **** me wtf is GOODWIN DOING? So we lose Fritta, lose Smith and JVR still doesnt come into the team despite the fact they havent played him with another tall since like round 3 or something and he's the only one who can kick straight in the team. No Tomlinson despite him playing a ripper game against Collingwood so you'd assume Petty stays back this week. No Chandler, replaced by Spargo which is fine coz Chandler has been out of sorts but who is kicking our goals? Seriously this is fancy play syndrome if ever i've seen it, sometimes the best option is the most obvious, how about just trying JVR and BB together in the same team? Seriously, there's something to be said for having 2 talls so 1 can block, BB is not fast off the mark these days and needs a tall to block for him and JVR is fantastic at blocking. Its gotten ridiculous, this is a must win game, play the best team, instead we have what, james jordan, Taj, Hunter and Langdon so were playing 4 wingers and 1 tall fwd who's cooked. Game is lost before it's played. (Yes this is a bit of a melt but im feeling absolutely shocked at why Goodwin won't play 3 talls down back and 2 talls up fwd) Anyone able to actually shed some light on what's going on? Surely you bring in Tomlinson and play Petty forward or just do the obv move and play JVR up forward FFS???? I just cant watch another 75 inside 50s for 5 goals... :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to sack Goodwin and our fwd coach before our window slams shut and JVR leaves for West Coast. Seriously this is beyond ridiculous, JVR kicks 4 on the weekend, did he really watch the same game i did? Oh ye we need 4 wingers and lets get rid of Smith and not bring in anyone up fwd apart from Spargo. WTF. Sure dw about the fact were literally playing for a top 4 spot

I'm all for rewarding form in the VFL, which is what Goody seems to be doing - Melky, Smith, Woewoedin, and Jordon. Unfortunately three of those guys are total spuds when they play AFL. They have had enough chances. Then he doesn't reward people who have shown form in AFL (Tomo).

Tommo not picked again due to his training form and attitude. We'll trade him for nothing end of season.

I hope Pickett has been practising his contested marking skills , he might have the ball dumped on his head 30 times this week

I didn't say anything about the lineup from last week. They're two separate things. Hope that helps you understand.
I’d like to understand when a smaller forward line at marvel has done better? Looking back at the last few weeks seems that the tall forwards seem to be the ones kicking goals. Happy to be proven wrong on the weekend and will happily admit I was wrong if that’s the case but I really dont see it happening.

I’d like to understand when a smaller forward line at marvel has done better? Looking back at the last few weeks seems that the tall forwards seem to be the ones kicking goals. Happy to be proven wrong on the weekend and will happily admit I was wrong if that’s the case but I really dont see it happening.

Go back and have a look at when and how we broke our Marvel hoodoo and the streak we went on after that.

Go back and have a look at when and how we broke our Marvel hoodoo and the streak we went on after that.
Ah right, had to go back 6 years ago to see how dominant a small forward line is at Marvel, also the same game when Riewoldt came off injured and still managed to kick more goals than anyone on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back