Preview Changes & Discussion - Hawks vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree Axle but we have to be positive..

we will see after Swans game I guess...they always trouble us abd wouldnt get a stiff over Bradshaw being out as they know how to play us but kick long and below..

what was obvious re: Blues, was the pure endeavour and tackling etc such a difference; if you have three blokes throwing themselves at a bloke trying to get a possesion, whether he's from Geelong or Richmond..most of it is mental i believe, same as kicking for goal..the great Dennis Lillee used to say,"it is always 10% physical and 90% mental" ask Roughie perhaps? He probably isnt such a bad kick but the bugs get into your head and wont 'seem to go away..

haven't seen this together together commitment almost since Grand Final..Lyon's or Brereton's articles struck a nerve doesn't matter..maybe a lot of s**t but who cares..

if we keep this up we look SO much better when we move ahead, quick and long kicking we can trouble most sides.

Side

I spoke to Tuck and he said he could be available for selection for the Port game.

Bailey told me he was a few weeks away and he's feeling great.

Schoey told me he struggled in the Box Hill game the other week so I don't know why he was in the best in the paper the next day.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here.

hey mate, i think you'll find tucky will be back for box hill this week at williamstown.

Out: Murphy, Ellis
In: Muston, Dowler

Murphy didn't play poorly but there's no upside to him. The best we can expect from him each week is to break even with his opponent.
Ellis at the moment is having zero impact in games. He may be getting the football but really doesn't do anything worthwhile with it. His disposal is generally ineffective and he doesn't have the body to impose himself physically. Has had ample opportunity to turn his form around but he's really going through the motions at the moment.

Neither Muston or Dowler are honestly great inclusions but we have invested so much in them it's worth giving both an opportunity.

Murphy didn't play poorly but there's no upside to him. The best we can expect from him each week is to break even with his opponent.
Ellis at the moment is having zero impact in games. He may be getting the football but really doesn't do anything worthwhile with it. His disposal is generally ineffective and he doesn't have the body to impose himself physically. Has had ample opportunity to turn his form around but he's really going through the motions at the moment.

Neither Muston or Dowler are honestly great inclusions but we have invested so much in them it's worth giving both an opportunity.

Damn this is a stupid argument.

We're not rebuilding we're trying to win games. If Muston and Dowler can't show improvement at VFL why should we expect them to at AFL level?

No change for mine, although I think Ellis and Lewis still need to step up a little, both played marginally better on Sunday than previous rounds, but there was a lot of down hill skiing going on from these guys when the chips were down. Both have many ineffectual posessions, and more turnovers that should be expected given their experience. I'd want to have a impressive game against the swans if I was them, with Changa back the following week.

I appreciate you're on a high thanks to a good win over Carlton but what you seem to be implying is that Benjamin Stratton is looking forward to playing on Adam Goodes. I'm guessing I misinterpreted that though.

I'd rather Stratton start on him (assuming Goodes does play forward) than say a Murphy or Gilham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe so but do you really think that's a good match up for us regardless?

Yes, I can't see why not. If it doesn't work, make a change. Throw Stratton on Playfair or White and Gilham to Goodes if he's man-handling Stratton.

The fact that Betts,Judd & the Irish Claus missed goals my grandma could of kicked with her left foot doesn't mean our backs had a cracker of a game!

There is scope for a change in the back 6 for this week.

I would be happy to see an unchanged line up this week, Sewell to take on the ROK if he plays in the midfield.

Will be interesting to see if Goodes plays at CHF with Bradshaw not playing.

Who would play on him? Gilham?

I was chatting at length with a Swans diehard last night. He seemed pretty adamant Goodes would start in the middle. No matter where he ends up he's a fairly formidable opponent. I think Gilham would have to take him if he goes forward.

The fact that Betts,Judd & the Irish Claus missed goals my grandma could of kicked with her left foot doesn't mean our backs had a cracker of a game!

There is scope for a change in the back 6 for this week.

Not a fan of changing the backline - they need games together to get that continuity. Constantly changing the defensive 6 leads to players second guessing themselves, rather than knowing where their team mates will be.

Are you serious? Maybe after some previous games you could be calling for him to be dropped, but not after last week. He had a pretty decent game in a really nicely functioning backline. Add to that a 76% disposal efficiency (meaning he is doing something with the ball!!) and 4 inside 50's and you'll find the guy is starting to perform where he needs to. Not saying he's at the form he should be, but you don't drop a guy after doing his job well!!

As for Murphy, came back in, did his job. Great stuff.

You reward people who perform.

No changes that i can see for this week... unless there's soreness or match up issue.

Are you serious? Maybe after some previous games you could be calling for him to be dropped, but not after last week. He had a pretty decent game in a really nicely functioning backline. Add to that a 76% disposal efficiency (meaning he is doing something with the ball!!) and 4 inside 50's and you'll find the guy is starting to perform where he needs to. Not saying he's at the form he should be, but you don't drop a guy after doing his job well!!

As for Murphy, came back in, did his job. Great stuff.

You reward people who perform.

No changes that i can see for this week... unless there's soreness or match up issue.

I was just thinking the same thing. I watched the replay last night and Ellis' long kicking stood out for me. He took the right option on most occasions and actually did some damage with his touches. The only guy you could drop based on last week (and I'm not suggesting he should be) is Peterson. But against the Swans that extra pace will be valuable.

"If it ain't broke it don't need fixin'."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back