Preview Changes & Discussion - Hawks vs Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy is a good stopper... WhiteX has much better foot skills. Just can't see anyone forward Murph can play on?

Be interesting to see how JKcubed does, played every game this season for the Geese but couldn't get a game at Glenferrie. And Mighty Mouse if he plays.

Mumford is a bit like Robbie, bash and crash... we should own them? Finger crossed.

Be interesting to see how JKcubed does, played every game this season for the Geese but couldn't get a game at Glenferrie. And Mighty Mouse if he plays.

Mumford is a bit like Robbie, bash and crash... we should own them? Finger crossed.

Let be assure you that Joey has been outstanding. :thumbsu: A real shining light in our midfield. You might notice my sig, because every swans fan sees him and Craig Bird as natural replacements for kirky and Jude. He's been a clearance king really and we're really happy to have him.

Ben should play, but then again, that has been said over the last couple of weeks. Someone on the swans board (can't remember who) said that he might of aggravated his injury by pushing himself a little hard during the recovery process and that's why he's had to stay off the ground a couple of weeks longer.

You guys should have this one covered considering the circumstances. If it was 4/5 weeks ago I would have thought we'd have a much better chance, but injuries have crippled us much like you guys last year. Most have come in key position areas so we've definitely struggled to cover them and have had to blood a few kids. That being said our youngsters have been brilliant in their enthusiasm and attack and instead senior players have been the most disappointing.

Confidence and effort is low at the swans ATM. With what I saw today from your boys (pressure and contested footy was very good) I'm just hoping we don't get put through the shredder. :(

Out: Murphy

In: either Dowler, Muston or Curnow; although not sure if he is elligible but looks like a gun defender in the making after watching the State VFL game..

Out: Murphy

In: either Dowler, Muston or Curnow; although not sure if he is elligible but looks like a gun defender in the making after watching the State VFL game..

Curnow is NOT on our AFL list.
Would love him to be picked up NEXT year.

Leave the team as is for next week and Murf played a good game for us against the tankers:thumbsu:

yes i guess he deserves another game as did some good things but just worried sometimes when he gets lost a bit when the ball is coming down...but yes everyone deserves to stay together for the Swans game..

Out: BURGER'S HELMET

If there are no injuries then there should be no change.

Apart from a couple of little stopping errors, I really liked how murphy attacked the footy. I haven't seen him gather the footy and crash into one or two tacklers before.

I can't help but think its a tactic to grab the footy, keep your arms free then let two guys tackle you and then hand ball it off to the outside player. Seen this happen many times over the last couple of weeks.

out: murphy
in: anyone else

Wow how insightful! I have been critical of Murph in the past, but he was good on the weekend. Every backmen loses a few contests (Gilham got outmarked a couple of times), but thought his recovery and composure were much better today. I jumped out of my seat when he did the 360 turn out of congestion on the wing and handballed to a guy running into space.

No changes this week for me. Guys at BHH like Schoey, Shiels, Ladson, Tuck, Savage, Muston, Dowler and Morton need to considered very unlikely not to be playing before they can be picked. To me this means they could get a run at other clubs senior sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe it or not, but provided we beat Sydney by around 45 points, and Essendon (playing the Bulldogs), Melbourne (playing Geelong), Brisbane (playing Collingwood and North Melbourne (playing Fremantle) all lose (which the odds do look good, looking at the sides they're playing we could be 9th by the end of the round!

On the changes, I think it's all good - I'm loving our forward line at the moment; it's fantastic to watch!

~Yaelius

No Change

Agreed.

Two players are a walk up if fit or not suspended (Bateman and Gibson). Other than that, the likes of Dowler, Shoe, and Ladson must now really press for a spot.

Stability is the key now. Changes must be made only if we have a must include player (above) or a must replace player (due to injury, suspension or horrendous form).

Just posted this on main board. Thought it was worthy of a mention here.

Dangerous to speculate like this but if the Hawks bring the same game next week v Swans(who are struggling at the moment), they could be sitting in ninth spot next Sunday.

Look at the other matches. Bolded are the Favourites

Western Bulldogs v Essendon.
Geelong v Melbourne
Brisbane v Collingwood
StKilda v Adelaide
Carlton V West Coast
Fremantle v North Melb.

Don't shoot me down because I know it aint that easy but these are logical outcomes next week. Hawks % puts then into 9th and in range.

As far as changes, Skipper was ineffective and the extra mid may have made the margin closer to 100.

What :eek: C'mon Twi....Taita - your memory isn't that short is it? :D

Without getting a stat, Skipper has been worth the price of Gold. He can stay until Taylor or Bailey are ready to take his spot. We don't need 2 gun ruckmen, we just need 2 ruckmen.

Wow how insightful! I have been critical of Murph in the past, but he was good on the weekend. Every backmen loses a few contests (Gilham got outmarked a couple of times), but thought his recovery and composure were much better today. I jumped out of my seat when he did the 360 turn out of congestion on the wing and handballed to a guy running into space.

No changes this week for me. Guys at BHH like Schoey, Shiels, Ladson, Tuck, Savage, Muston, Dowler and Morton need to considered very unlikely not to be playing before they can be picked. To me this means they could get a run at other clubs senior sides.

You see this is a quality post.

People have a right to be critical of Murphy even if I and others think they're being excessively so but how on earth people still can't swallow their pride and admit that Murphy played well just goes to show more about them personally than any failings of Murphy.

Good post madhawksfan :thumbsu:

If mighty mouse does play, then I'd like to see Murphy on him...

Who goes to Goodes if he's forward? Can we afford to throw Stratton to the wolves? I would like to see that... It might not work out, but it sure would teach young Stratton a thing or two about AFL.

No changes. If (Big if) renouf goes for a little love tap on Robinson, then Shoe or Dowler must come in.

You see this is a quality post.

People have a right to be critical of Murphy even if I and others think they're being excessively so but how on earth people still can't swallow their pride and admit that Murphy played well just goes to show more about them personally than any failings of Murphy.

Good post madhawksfan :thumbsu:

Thanks Cynic! I get annoyed at some of the posters on here always bagging the same guys every week no matter how they play. It's one thing to bag him when he plays a shocker (which he has had a few), but he kept one of the form players goalless. What do people expect him to do? He is never going to be a superstar, but at least he tries every week (unlike others in the side).

I'm not sure if he has a future in the team once Gibson and Schoey come back, but for now he is in the side and we should get behind him!

Even though i am musto's greatest fan, I am not sure we should upset the structure too much and it will depend on the match up's, which Sydney has a small forward line so I believe murph will stay.

Interesting to see how far Gibbo is from returning. My brain say the week after the mid season break knowing how cautious the hawks are. However, my heart says 4 weeks is to far away. He is running at high intensity however, that is just what we see at training. It will be great to see him in 2 week time!

No change for me, as long as Twister does not get reported and if he does, we are screwed.

Murphy out for me.

while he played a better gasme yesterday than he has at other times during the season, for mine he still looked very awkward at times, and is prone to putting his team mates under more pressure than necessary.

Have nothing against the guy and he's probably well liked within the group. however i think we may have already seent he best of murphy and unfortunately i dont beleive it's good enough or that he's the player we require in defence into the future.

Dowler, Muston, Lisle, Morton etc might not be either but we need to give them some games to find out. i think we've seen enough of Murphy. It's a shame was a murphy fan early on. wish him all the best.

Gilhams best game of the season yesterday. encouraging stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back