Unofficial Preview Changes & Discussion Round 3 v Magpies @ Gabba Easter Thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminder!

We're still looking for the most beloved of BF Lions Board posters - preview writers!

For the sake of controversy:
  • Hipwood to play defence and bring Fort in.
  • Rayner dropped for Neale.
  • Cameron as the sub.

Something like this would be great (not this specifically) but something that puts the favourites on notice would be fantastic. Plus Fagan needs to try something different, whatever it is and it likely needs some fresh players to try it. I hope whatever it is includes Sharp, Brain/Reville and Tunstill.

Something like this would be great (not this specifically) but something that puts the favourites on notice would be fantastic. Plus Fagan needs to try something different, whatever it is and it likely needs some fresh players to try it. I hope whatever it is includes Sharp, Brain/Reville and Tunstill.
I don't think either Brain or Reville are eligible. Both are cat b rookies and would need to be elevated to the list to play. Kiddies long term injury opens up a spot for one of them to be promoted. Question should be which one do they pick or do they hold that spot open for the mid season draft? If we did go to the mid draft would we go for a hb to directly replace Kiddy or do we have a deficiency elsewhere that we should look at strengthening? And who would that be?

Also none of Tunstil, Fort, Prior or Sharp or any fringe player in the ressies has had a game yet this season. A form line isn't there yet. Speaks to a ressies comp with just the 18 afl clubs running concurrently, 2 grades, double header each week, perfect. Mind you, they have had an extra cpl of weeks preseason so they could be fitter.

Let’s wait to see if L Neale is on the teamsheet
Yes that's essential.

If he's fit and well and Bailey/Rayner can impact in their M/F minutes that would be a big lift.

I don't think wholesale changes will help the team all that much looking at who would be coming in other than to put a rocket up the complacency and get some games into others who might become useful players.

To me it looks like Lohmann at this early stage of his career struggles with the pace of the senior game/second guesses himself for options. Not the best grounding for that distributor role IMO.
I would see it as something that take most the season to adjust if considered to have the attributes. Throwing out hail mary's at the moment lol.

Our defensive structure has been decimated in just the first two games of the year.
Kiddy gone for 12 months.
Connor four to perhaps 5 weeks.
Gardner perhaps half a season.
Payne anybody's guess what's going on with his mental resilience.
Of the young talls Zakostelsky is experiencing growing issues so his availability and readiness is zero.

Joyce is perhaps a viable option going forward. He was recruited for a break glass moments so, we have reached a break glass moment now.

Other options, such as moving Berry back did not look a good move. However, perhaps entrusting him to begin to develop could be a reasonable move. Big risk IMO.

Payne has shown he has the ability to be an A grade tall defender. He has also had games where he would struggle in the Upercambagton's thirds. Bringing him back is an option. I would not trust him to be brought straight back in after a game he had against Carlton. To me he needs to regain the trust with a few games in the twos.

What I would like to suggest is move Ryan as the second tall behind Andrews. Many a forwards have been turned into top defenders with a move to the back-line. (Leppa an example for us, there are others)

This could be an opportunity for Ryan and for us to shake the tree and see what falls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Joyce. So many wanted to get rid of him last season and it is now down to that break the glass moment.
I actually don’t think he’s that bad. No much less than Gardiner when he was in peak give away free kicks form.

Has a few athletic traits and deserves a go if Payne can’t get up. Probably replaces Lester but I’d have Lester as the better leader/distributor. Not saying Lester is elite in that sense but he just plays it safer.

Hi all,

I am writing the Preview for Round 3 - but I am going to wait a bit. I’ll post something after the St.Kilda v Collingwood game tomorrow night, as that match will have a big bearing on our clash the following Thursday.

I know Nathan Barley will be hanging out to know whether I select Ryan Lester in my predicted team, but he will just have to wait. Sorry Nathan. 😉

Hope that works for you dlanod

Hi all,

I am writing the Preview for Round 3 - but I am going to wait a bit. I’ll post something after the St.Kilda v Collingwood game tomorrow night, as that match will have a big bearing on our clash the following Thursday.

I know Nathan Barley will be hanging out to know whether I select Ryan Lester in my predicted team, but he will just have to wait. Sorry Nathan. 😉

Hope that works for you dlanod
Fine by me, we still only aim for the Monday/Tuesday before the game.

The idea that we rushed McKenna back because we are desperate is laughable.

We rushed him back for St Patrick’s day.

The idea that we rushed McKenna back because we are desperate is laughable.

We rushed him back for St Patrick’s day.

******* doctors. Everyone knows the luck of the Irish doesn't exist on Shabbos!

The Big Lebowski Coffee GIF by PeacockTV

so do we want Pies to win tonight? If they lost, they would be so desperate next Thursday against us. Early betting markets for next Thursday have Lions $1.43 Pies $2.83. I know our record is very good at the GABBA but reckon Pies are decent odds

so do we want Pies to win tonight? If they lost, they would be so desperate next Thursday against us. Early betting markets for next Thursday have Lions $1.43 Pies $2.83. I know our record is very good at the GABBA but reckon Pies are decent odds

I can't see how the Pies don't beat St Kilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back