Strategy Changes for Fremantle game

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with Redden, playing a role.

Do feel Waterman would benefit with a week off, 5 gamea straight and we are a tad tall. Get some feeah legs in and spread the load.
Yeah agree regarding waterman. I’d also like to see him playing some time on ball for ep. think he is talented and versatile to do so and he is also someone that should be in the b22in the coming years. Him being able to time in the middle adds flexibility to the side and it would enable us to play him plus the three talks.

Yeah agree regarding waterman. I’d also like to see him playing some time on ball for ep. think he is talented and versatile to do so and he is also someone that should be in the b22in the coming years. Him being able to time in the middle adds flexibility to the side and it would enable us to play him plus the three talks.

Play him on a wing as a way to build his tank. He has the skills to be that link up wingman but just needs some K's in the legs to build that tank.

I think it’s a pretty easy one this week Jetta for Hutchings.

Whilst I would like Petro to get a run soon I don’t think the Derby is the right week to be blooding him.

Play him on a wing as a way to build his tank. He has the skills to be that link up wingman but just needs some K's in the legs to build that tank.
I suspect he will do that as well. think it would be nice if we can develop a few players that could take a few center bounces or go through the middle. Understand it’s working atm but I find our cbd’s and stoppages are too predictable atm times. would be nice to have some other guys that could run through the middle at times. That said, they should be capable of doing it.

No need to be sarcastic.Its my view, you either agree or disagree.Im ok with either case but sarcastic comments are just poor.

Which is your view - that we don't blood rookies early enough or that it's too early to blood Petruccelle?

Jetta in for Hutchings

I think Sheppard has been corked in the same place three games in a row. I wouldn't mind seeing him rested for a week with Watson to come in.
Waterman was looking a bit weary on the weekend. I wouldn't mind seeing him rested for either Pettrucelle or Brander.

Massive litmus test for our new look team.

Freo midfield is fit and firing. Their backline seems pretty settled and is more attacking in mindset than they have been for several seasons. Sandilands will nullify Naita and Lycett.

We have them covered for forward line talent but quantity of supply and quality of supply could be massive problems.

We definitely need more run than what we showed on the weekend. Waterman and Kennedy both looked to be battling so I suggest we give one of them a spell. Petrucelle/Ah Chee all options for the HFF but I think Ainsworth might get the guernsey.

Jetta needs to come back in if fit. Shep has been killing it but his leg seems to be going backwards. Maybe a week off now will save several weeks if something goes ping.

OUT: Shep (inj), Waterman/Kennedy (rest)
IN: Jetta, Ainsworth

B: Nelson Barrass Hurn
HB: Jetta McG Duggan
C: Gaff Redden Masten
HF: Sheed Darling Cripps
F: Lecca Waterman/Kennedy Rioli
R: Naita Shuey Yeo

I: Lycett, Cole, Ainsworth, Hutchy
E: Schoey, Petru, Brander, Mutimer

Between Duggan, Jetts and Ainsworth we should be able to cover mid rotations when Yeo follows Fyfe forward. We will need some goals from the midfield to get up that is for sure!

Will be looking for Hurn to set the tone early and bank another Glendinning medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasnt Banfield taken before Burrows? Probably more relevant to play Brayshaw on Banfield
We passed on our last main list pick and took an extra rookie instead. When we passed, Banfield was still available. Banfield was later taken at rookie pick 5 and we took Burrows at rookie pick 13. I was shouting at O'Brien when we passed and will continue to do so:eek:.

I think it’s a pretty easy one this week Jetta for Hutchings.

Whilst I would like Petro to get a run soon I don’t think the Derby is the right week to be blooding him.
There is never a better bad time to introduce a quality player to start disliking the purple turds.

Jetta in for Hutchings

I think Sheppard has been corked in the same place three games in a row. I wouldn't mind seeing him rested for a week with Watson to come in.
Waterman was looking a bit weary on the weekend. I wouldn't mind seeing him rested for either Pettrucelle or Brander.
Shepherd went into the Carlton game with a right thigh cork and his left leg hit the post yesterday, so he probably has a cork in both legs now.

Which is your view - that we don't blood rookies early enough or that it's too early to blood Petruccelle?
All I am saying is a better plan needs to be in place. One great game in WAFL should not warrant an AFL debut.Conversely, Once you do blood a youngster to AFL, one bad game should not call for immediate omission either. Keep it consistent both ends, have a plan. You play well in WAFL for 2- 3 weeks in a row, your rewards is that you get called up for gtd 2-3 weeks in senior team.If you hold your own, you stay in the squad, if not, back to WAFL. Same routine for anyone pushing for starting 22 in WAFL. Problem we have right now is reactionary- getting annoyed when a youngster has a bad senior game. The bigger problem is when you get too excited when a youngster has one or maybe two decent WAFL game so everyone wants him in the squad. At least with my example above you have a method, objective ad metrics to evaluate performances, gradually transition senior members to more consistent young players and on top of that make sure senior guys understand that their spot is not guaranteed, regardless of who they are( every single player in Eagles starting 22 should know that they could be dropped regardless of their history, name, whatever).This was my whole point about lack of proper development plan at Eagles in the other thread. History has shown we do not actually have a decisive plan. The amount of times I have seen young players come in 1 game and get dropped either next or at most two weeks and then we barely see them is countless. This is why these guys get paid big $$$ to operate as coaches, scouts, development mentors and so on. It is the most important part of the organisation in order to be successful and sustain it

I am all for Petrol to play, but if he doesn't play well ( which is perfectly fine and likely to happen for a youngster playing first senior game in a Derby FFS) then this might do more damage to his development because our piss poor coaches will drop him and not give him sustained senior games to prove himself.

Shepherd went into the Carlton game with a right thigh cork and his left leg hit the post yesterday, so he probably has a cork in both legs now.
That's perfect. He'll be better balanced than last week then. Shep with zero working legs is still likely better than any alternative we can bring in anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back