Preview Changes for QF v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You know she’s the one when you’re going to miss the first half of a qualifying final for a date. Wish me luck brothers.
When I met my wife I made it clear that I would not be free between 2 hours either side of an Eagles match. She laughed and thought I was joking at first, then accepted it and has worked on that premise ever since. You need to set these expectations early.

A Joey is very poor above his head. Tb is much better suited to play on a 211cm mutant.

Schofield is great in straight lines .....he has the turning circle of the queen Mary .....
giphy.gif

Your post was probably hyperbole, but Treloar only seriously injured one hammy...they other I'm pretty sure was a regulation strain. Also don't think the serious one actually came off the bone...just a high tendon tear which wasn't a complete tear.

I could be wrong, but I think that's closer to the truth than a lot of what I see flying around about it.
Next you'll be telling me the Pendles didn't have cholera either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waterman was effective as that roaming third tall when we had the two kings in the f50 allowing Jack to stay home more often. Did anyone play that role in the wins against the tiges and the pies? Would like a Tom Lynch (crows) type i.e. running power/link up who could ruck? That kind of player hasn't evolved yet, have they? Serious size and super mobility.

That player would be Lobb, if he develops to his potential.

Concur with the concept, such a mobile utility could fundamentally change the dynamics around how the game is played. Much like D.Cox demonstrated during the previous decade that rucks are capable of making an impact as complimentary midfielders.

I often wonder what would happen if a player with comparable physical attributes to Wilt Chamberlain (234cm wingspan, 120cm vertical leap, in combination to being an aerobic powerhouse) were to have an impact upon the AFL.
Just this year alone the NBA draft featured a player with a 294cm standing reach. Good luck marking against that in a one-on-one contest.

I foresee one of the next major developments in the game being around the development and use of 200cm+ players with anomalously outstanding aerobic capacities. It is only a matter of time before the proportions of P.Cripps becomes the minimum requirement in size to be an effective stoppage player.

I thought Goldslack was just named in a squad not necessarily in the 22.I may be wrong!Treloar in worries me but that said we must and will win!If we lose this we will go out in straight sets. We are the new Hawthorn!!
Don't think it will be easy for Treloar to get back into the rhythm of the game after his layoff. That being said gun players like him are always worth a game if fit, hopefully the finals like intensity overwhelms him.

Have the Pies actually beaten a top 8 team other than Melbourne, I remember them crapping the bed on the big stage against Richmond, Geelong and us.

Obviously not expecting it to go too well if you are only planning on missing the first half... set higher goals son...But best of luck.
She agreed to watch the second half in bed with me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back