Preview Changes for Round 2, 2023 vs Collingwood @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could also argue Collingwood are in the same position, if not worse off than us in defence. They have named Frampton and Moore as their only 2 tall defenders to play on Marshall, Dixon and MG.

No

192cm Nathan murphy is a key defender

They’ve got 2 200cm key defenders and a 192cm key defender

They’re much taller than us

Not too mention the medium players they’ve named are 186 and 189cm, they’re easily bigger than

196, 189, 191cm players were playing as talls and the 185, 185 and 181 cm guys we have as medium / small defenders.

Travis Boak will be eased back into Port Adelaide’s side as the substitute, but Ken Hinkley says the Power great can cope with a full game on Saturday if required.
Coach Ken Hinkley says the Magpies’ speed and mobile forward line has had an influence at the selection table, with Jase Burgoyne preferred to replace injured key defender Trent McKenzie for team balance reasons.

He said the Power were in an ideal position where they could reintroduce Boak slowly to the top level after the two-time best and fairest winner cracked a rib in a brutal collision with West Coast’s Jeremy McGovern a month ago.

ken still hasn't realised that other coaches are smarter than him and can pivot.

Watch Collingwood isolate their Mihochek/Degoey/Elliot etc and take advantage of their overhead prowess.

We Cox either renders AA useless by dragging him out of the play or gets a match up like Jonas that they can similarly isolate.

ken still hasn't realised that other coaches are smarter than him and can pivot.

Watch Collingwood isolate their Mihochek/Degoey/Elliot etc and take advantage of their overhead prowess.

We Cox either renders AA useless by dragging him out of the play or gets a match up like Jonas that they can similarly isolate.

he's got the tatical guru janus on his side mate 🤣

I feel like Butters is going to have a massive game… big crowd - enemy grounds - he loves it - attention will go to JHF, Rozee and Dixon.

Travis Boak will be eased back into Port Adelaide’s side as the substitute, but Ken Hinkley says the Power great can cope with a full game on Saturday if required.
Coach Ken Hinkley says the Magpies’ speed and mobile forward line has had an influence at the selection table, with Jase Burgoyne preferred to replace injured key defender Trent McKenzie for team balance reasons.

He said the Power were in an ideal position where they could reintroduce Boak slowly to the top level after the two-time best and fairest winner cracked a rib in a brutal collision with West Coast’s Jeremy McGovern a month ago.

Whilst I don't mind the idea of easing Boaky into the game the suggestion " we are in the ideal position " to do so is delusional.

Boaky is insurance if things go south obviously but we would rather give him another week.
We are not in " the ideal position" to do this unfortunately.

Why is everyone so keen to rush pasini into the team so quickly. He is coming back from an acl isn’t he? And we plan to pick him for a debut based on a sanfl trial game performance?

Burgoyne deserves to be in the team and it’s the right mix in defence for Collingwood.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pasini would also be behind clurey in the pecking order. Even the great Robbie gray was made to play a couple sanfl games coming back from an ACL. Pasini is also yet to even debut. What are people basing his selection on?

I’m just finding the calls to bring in Pasini completely nonsensical. Crazy talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m seeing a lot of you worrying about our defensive matchups, Collingwood are in the exact same boat with our fwd line. This game is going to be won/lost in the midfield and around stoppages. Do what we did for most of last week. Win it in the middle and at stoppages creating lots of fwd 50 entries and who cares about matchups are in the back half- they won’t be needed.

Last edited:
Pasini would also be behind clurey in the pecking order. Even the great Robbie gray was made to play a couple sanfl games coming back from an ACL. Pasini is also yet to even debut. What are people basing his selection on?

I’m just finding the calls to bring in Pasini completely nonsensical. Crazy talk.

I kind of want both. We need to blood him as he is our closest to the mark up and coming key defender.

Jace > Pasini though.

Why is everyone so keen to rush pasini into the team so quickly. He is coming back from an acl isn’t he? And we plan to pick him for a debut based on a sanfl trial game performance?

Burgoyne deserves to be in the team and it’s the right mix in defence for Collingwood.

A) pasini’s performances last year in the sanfl were excellent.

B) we have a hole in the side for a 3rd key defender and we’re currently filling it with McKenzie, a bloke we nearly delisted and this week we opted to not even pick a 3rd tall.

C) we shouldn’t be waiting until all of Jonas clurey McKenzie are off the list until we start playing pasini. That would be dumb list management.

D) maintaining structure is important, and hinkleys lack of adherence to it has hurt us in the past.

E) why are people worried about his acl? He is moving fine. We brought Farrell straight back in after his acl. Treatment of acls has massively advanced. Comparing grays acl to pasinis might as well be comparing any injury now to the dark ages.

F) I’m not sure how the right mix for Collingwood is burton on mcstay, and Dbj on Elliott , when we could have pasini on mcstay, and burton on Elliott.

If someone thinks the smalls are the danger for Collingwood, we’ve weakened our ability to defend those smalls by moving our best small defender to a tall.

G) we have to start picking pasini sometime.

What is the merit in waiting longer?

In 2024 we will be much better off the more games pasini has under his belt.

I could go on.

What is our reluctance to play and develop talls when any argument for not risking picking them doesn’t apply to other players

Pasini - 0 games

Bergman - 34

Burgs- 8

Butters - 69

Duursma 58

Jones - 21

Mcintee 10

Mead 11

Sinn 1

Rozee 82

What is our reluctance to play and develop talls when any argument for not risking picking them doesn’t apply to other players

Pasini - 0 games

Bergman - 34

Burgs- 8

Butters - 69

Duursma 58

Jones - 21

Mcintee 10

Mead 11

Sinn 1

Rozee 82
Not a fair comparison. With respect to Pasini his talent doesn't compare to Butters, Rozee, Duursma or Bergman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back