Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 8 vs. WCE - Optus Stadium, 3:35pm Sun 26/07

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were going in with even one of De Goey, Sidebottom, or Howe playing, I’d back us in. But I feel we’ll just fall short... sounds silly I know but we seem a little short on class.

He'll end us somewhere else soon and out of the afl after a few years. Can't be much between his ears.

Yeah I think you’re right unfortunately, which is a real shame because he has talent, vision and X-factor to burn but will leave us for a packet of peanuts. He could have added so much to our side with a professional attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m looking forward to the next few weeks. 4 in 13 days will bring about a need to test our depth. We may see Sier, Reid, Murphy, Appleby.. perhaps even Dunn or Broomhead or one of the first years? Do we roll the dice by resting Grundy or Pendles ? Elliott & Moore will surely be considered for a rest? Will Crisps run be forced to end for the sake of ‘management’? It’s going to be interesting .
How many is Crisp on?

3 changes & to be honest I’m not particularly excited about any of the ins.
we are going to be lacking a bit of speed. Lets hope we can get the job done, but it’s going to be tough.

We need goal kickers.
Bingo, and those that went out, 2/3 arent. Jordy we can't help. Varcoe has been playing back and he may do one here and there now in this role. Say what you will about JT, he knows where the goals are. Plain and simple.

If we were going in with even one of De Goey, Sidebottom, or Howe playing, I’d back us in. But I feel we’ll just fall short... sounds silly I know but we seem a little short on class.
I think this comment is bang on. We don't actually have that many injuries at the moment however the ones that we do are top 5 players then there is sidebottom who is suspended.

Bingo, and those that went out, 2/3 arent. Jordy we can't help. Varcoe has been playing back and he may do one here and there now in this role. Say what you will about JT, he knows where the goals are. Plain and simple.
JT is an underrated player. I do think he is a better midfielder however he can find the goals. Would like to see him in the middle on rotation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be very tough this game. I am not going in with much confidence. I know we haven’t had Sidebottom howe for a weeks now but with de goey out now, I think that’s one too many A graders out.

Those 3 players would be like gaff McGovern and Kennedy out for eagles.

If we somehow win this game that would be some effort

JT playing for his career at the club. Expect him to hit the scoreboard.
A bit of time off might have been exactly what he needed to get the hunger back. Keeps Elliot up the ground too and maybe they rotate with each other.
Hope he proves me right and goes bang!!

Shaz in always worries me but that might just be me. He has always looked so vulnerable in defense due to his lack of pace and size. Smaller sized defenders usually have pace to compensate. Shaz is small and slow. Not a good combination.

Have to agree. And I really want to love Shaz, but I cannot see any real weapons. Maybe they will become more evident with a good run of games?

No super critical weaknesses either, other than his knees.

A bit vanilla maybe?

I think West Coast and Brisbane are the sides to beat so its a huge test without sidey, degoey and howe.

I think watching BNE getting smashed against GEEL was instructive - such a capitulation exposes on field leadership as their Achilles heel, now that Hodge has retired. And Birchall is nowhere near the leader Hodge is.

Appelby been playing Forward in the Reseves and he is a Defender. Showing the Depth of Forwards we have

I would have thought Appleby has been tried forward to give him the opportunity to show his worth in a different position.
If you look at the defensive depth we have, Appleby has fallen way down the selection order for a defensive post.

In theory Thomas and Cameron but they do not inspire.
So Cameron who has not kicked a goal yet and Thomas who l like but lately is a big go missing are our goal kickers, we need hope

Thomas is a much better goal kicker than Atu.

Right now, hopefully Cameron is a better goal kicker than Cox.
Ah yes the hope syndrome.
Historically yes for Thomas, but really not lately, and Cameron is a hope.
Rather Reid as a in.
Like to be proven wrong, maybe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back