Preview Changes/Preview – Round 10 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't have to mess with selection too much for me change my tip to WCE.
Salem and Brown silliness would have me backing WCE.
If they pick brown and Salem I'll be supporting WC :westcoast:

They won't have to mess with selection too much for me change my tip to WCE.
Salem and Brown silliness would have me backing WCE.
Those changes won't hurt us against the Eagles. They'll just be frustratingly unimaginative. Last couple of games against West Coast we've sat comfortably four-five goals ahead of them for most of the game before adding a few late ones to flatter our result. I'd be pretty shocked if we didn't have a similar result this week.

With JVR and Turner out you would assume you would have to bring in one tall. Plus who is second ruck? Petty or Tmac? Leave Tmac back. Plus would his body stand up to a bit of ruck? Petty the same. Just getting his game going after the lisfranc. Pretty sure we’ll see at least Fullarton play.

With JVR and Turner out you would assume you would have to bring in one tall. Plus who is second ruck? Petty or Tmac? Leave Tmac back. Plus would his body stand up to a bit of ruck? Petty the same. Just getting his game going after the lisfranc. Pretty sure we’ll see at least Fullarton play.
I'd cop Fullarton playing as the second tall/relief ruck in the absence of JVR, as that's the structure (two KPFs) that we should probably be rolling with when both JVR and Petty are fit. What I won't cop is bringing in both Fullarton and Brown purely because we're seemingly wedded to this silly three tall forwards idea.

Playing all of Petty, Fullarton and Brown when we already have Fritsch and Petracca as marking options would just be stupid – none of the three talls are mobile, none of them can do anything when the ball hits the deck, none of them provide any defensive pressure (Petty an exception on occasion), and none of them are any—dare I say it—good.

Need to stop giving guys games purely based on their height, it just enables and reinforces the same poor ball movement.

I'd cop Fullarton playing as the second tall/relief ruck in the absence of JVR, as that's the structure (two KPFs) that we should probably be rolling with when both JVR and Petty are fit. What I won't cop is bringing in both Fullarton and Brown purely because we're seemingly wedded to this silly three tall forwards idea.

Playing all of Petty, Fullarton and Brown when we already have Fritsch and Petracca as marking options would just be stupid – none of the three talls are mobile, none of them can do anything when the ball hits the deck, none of them provide any defensive pressure (Petty an exception on occasion), and none of them are any—dare I say it—good.

Need to stop giving guys games purely based on their height, it just enables and reinforces the same poor ball movement.
Yeah that’s why I think Fullarton will get a gig this week. I’m happy to keep it smaller. Not sure who to bring in with McAdam not yet right. Seston? Or just try another mid and hope we can leave Petracca forward more.

I don't know why I did this to myself, but a quick visit to Demonland has revealed the following ideas are being discussed:
  • Don't even play Gawn
  • Play Tomlinson as a forward
  • Play Tomlinson back and send May forward
  • Play Tomlinson back and send TMac forward
  • Play all of May, TMac, Lever, Gawn, Fullarton, BBB, Petty, Fritsch and possibly Tomlinson
  • BBB is back and ready to tear it up, just needed a bit of a rest from the top level
They're absolutely ****ing deluded over there.

I don't know why I did this to myself, but a quick visit to Demonland has revealed the following ideas are being discussed:
  • Don't even play Gawn
  • Play all of May, TMac, Lever, Gawn, Fullarton, BBB, Petty, Fritsch and possibly Tomlinson
  • BBB is back and ready to tear it up, just needed a bit of a rest from the top level
They're absolutely ******* deluded over there.
I love this

If they pick brown and Salem I'll be supporting WC :westcoast:
Given the fairly recent interview with Salem about his medical battles, I wonder a bit if his lack of form can be accounted for by this?

This doesn’t warrant his being selected if not right, I just wondered

• Don't even play Gawn

Now do Danster and Mich0's takes...

Given the fairly recent interview with Salem about his medical battles, I wonder a bit if his lack of form can be accounted for by this?

Has there ever been a time in his career where Salem hasn't been dealing with health issues?

Has there ever been a time in his career where Salem hasn't been dealing with health issues?
When we drafted him I think? But he has a genuine, cyclical but unpredictable condition which would prevent him from doing anything much, let alone training. It’s not made up and it’s pretty horrible.

• Don't even play Gawn

ship captain GIF by South Park

This is ImaginationDemonland

Mids in platform shoes is probably the best strategic idea I have heard in a long time.

Apart from anything else, I bloody love platform shoes
could they change the shoes on and off a the bench.? then play two roles for the team.

Maybe fritta could wear platform shoes and go into the centre bounce; then run off the ground and change, before going back onto the forward line. ;) loves ya little darling... don't let your hair get messed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally as an impartial it would be good to see Ben Brown brought in for the novelty factor, would turn the Sunday evening fizzer into something special.

Personally as an impartial it would be good to see Ben Brown brought in for the novelty factor, would turn the Sunday evening fizzer into something special.
1000011221.jpg

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

I genuinely don't know what interview you're talking about but he's been crap for years.

Hopefully we've been training in a sauna this week. 2 weeks before the start of winter and we have a whole week of 28 degree days with a max of 26 on game day (clearly seeing that climate change is really going to heck things up over here).

Scrap that - new forecast is 29 degrees for Sunday.

If the 7 day forecast is true we'll end up with 15 days straight of 25 degrees plus. The previous record for May was 8.

I genuinely don't know what interview you're talking about but he's been crap for years.
That’s what I mean though. He’s had episodes of hyperthyroidism for years. I’m not saying he should be picked when he’s not right, but I feel pretty sure that his condition would likely prevent him from being the player he looked as though he might be when first drafted.

That’s what I mean though. He’s had episodes of hyperthyroidism for years. I’m not saying he should be picked when he’s not right, but I feel pretty sure that his condition would likely prevent him from being the player he looked as though he might be when first drafted.
That's fine, but once they fish him out of the dust pan of the vacuum maybe they just toss him out this time?

Ben Brown is entertaining and opposition fans will only watch this week if hes playing. I did not have that on my bingo card for 2024

If Ben Brown and Christian Salem were playing footy in my backyard I'd close the curtains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back