Preview Changes/Preview v GWS in Alice

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the word out of preseason and early season was we where going to attempt to play a bit faster and try and score more, obvously defense still our key piller, but a bit more. Early in the year you can see that, the mark, then handball to release a running player going by more through the middle.

But as you can see the more we've been challanged the more we've regressed into going back behind the mark, (burning an overlap runner) slowing play down and then dumping long to a pack down the line
there's still a time to slow the play down and be defensive which I thought we did ok against Collingwood at times, but it's gone way out of balance as per usual. we don't seem to be able to slow the game down when momentum is against us, but then move the ball quickly when the opportunity is there, we can't shift gears at all

Out: Fat Angus, Jordan
In: Bowey, Oliver

That's the bare minimum. Arguments for another 2-3 players to go out and some new blood to come in. Spargo is either a full game or VFL, he's the most ******* pointless sub ever.
Hard to argue that JJ finally gets a chance and looked horrible then got subbed out, surely Simon ain't keeping him in the side not even as sub. Give him a run in the two's to try get some confidence up. Brayshaw won't get dropped unfortunately.

Giving games to Jordan is the biggest waste of time ever. He's nothing but a bottom end battler who gets by based on effort.

Might have the odd game where he looks ok but he'll never be a good player.
I found it funny when they counted the premiership players playing on Thursday night being a record because JJ is one of them. I don't want to bag the guy but unfortunately isn't up for it, not sure there's a team bad enough that would take him as a trade. (By bad I mean Melbourne 2013 bad)

I found it funny when they counted the premiership players playing on Thursday night being a record because JJ is one of them. I don't want to bag the guy but unfortunately isn't up for it, not sure there's a team bad enough that would take him as a trade. (By bad I mean Melbourne 2013 bad)
He’s fine for a sort of side like West Coast or North. Real Daniel Harris vibes.

Giving games to Joel Smith is the biggest waste of time ever. He's nothing but a bottom end battler who gets by based on effort.

Wholeheartedly agree TK 👌🏼

Bowey is the obvious in based on the VFL game form. 27 touches playing in a slightly more attacking role than he does at AFL level. Certainly not flawless but he consistently executes kicks that a Harmes, Dunstan, ANB type don’t.

Turner and Tomlinson were really good but unless Petty gets dropped or is moved forward or there’s an injury I can’t see them getting a game.

Plenty of other players like Laurie, Spargo and Woewodin were solid but with room required hopefully for Oliver and probably Bowey, and the historically conservative selection policies I can’t see anyone else coming in.

Giving games to Jordan is the biggest waste of time ever. He's nothing but a bottom end battler who gets by based on effort.

Agreed, might as well play Laurie, Woey or Howes instead at this point. Hope one of them can be a point of difference rather than the same old.

Fritsch free to play .

I come in peace.

Glad to see Fritsch cleared. I hate seeing players rubbed out for that. Even paying the free, though it was correct under the wording of the rule and how it's been interpreted, still looks damn soft to me. Commentators and hack blog writers going "wIlL tHaT gEt LoOkEd At?!?1? ThAtS WeEkS!" for that kind of thing is dumb as hell.

given the pressure Smith puts on, I think trying a forward line of JVR, Petty, Smith & Fritsch is worth trying and playing Tomlinson back...have another runner as sub if its not working.
I really reckon this combo could work a treat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to argue that JJ finally gets a chance and looked horrible then got subbed out, surely Simon ain't keeping him in the side not even as sub. Give him a run in the two's to try get some confidence up. Brayshaw won't get dropped unfortunately.
Hopefully the last game we'll see Jordon in red and blue.

Better off playing for Norf or GC where he'll get consistent games.

He’ll find a home pretty easily this FA period. He’d get a gig at every bottom 6 side.

given the pressure Smith puts on, I think trying a forward line of JVR, Petty, Smith & Fritsch is worth trying and playing Tomlinson back...have another runner as sub if its not working.

Yeah why not. As good a chance as any other combo.
Problem is what do you do with Gawn/Grundy, you can't be resting them forward if we've also got JVR, Petty and Smith up there.

I'm getting to the point where I don't know why we bothered with Grundy if we weren't going to try and come up with a game plan that revolved around having two mobile ruckmen. At the moment it kind of seems like we're playing both purely because neither can or wants to ruck more than 50%.

Yeah why not. As good a chance as any other combo.
Problem is what do you do with Gawn/Grundy, you can't be resting them forward if we've also got JVR, Petty and Smith up there.

I'm getting to the point where I don't know why we bothered with Grundy if we weren't going to try and come up with a game plan that revolved around having two mobile ruckmen. At the moment it kind of seems like we're playing both purely because neither can or wants to ruck more than 50%.
when Goodwin was telling journos in the pre-season they didnt know how the combo was going to look gameday I thought he was being coy...silly me.

when Goodwin was telling journos in the pre-season they didnt know how the combo was going to look gameday I thought he was being coy...silly me.

He was talking about he they had a plan, when asked he said you'll have to wait to find out.

Im starting to believe he didnt have a plan at all. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back