Preview Changes: R7 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Fogarty is a KPF. We need to build our forward line around him and Thilthorpe. Given its a rebuild I can't understand why we are picking players that in all honesty don't have the talent to be in our long term plans (McAdam and Himmelburg).
McAdam doesn’t have talent to be in our long term plans? Wtf has this board turned into?

Neither here nor there with Fogarty. Disappointed he didn't get a good run at it

What I don't get is if he is the big defensive body in the middle why stats matter

Hateley should now have that role so in my opinion Fog should go forward but where?

I am also ok with dropping McAdam as he trys to play tall anyway

What I truly don't understand is how the best forward since Lockett can be dropped

If they're going to play him as a midfielder. No one is suggesting long term he can get by with that little ball as a midfielder full time- but he's played like two games there.

Having said that, his replacement has 250 odd games of getting between 8-11 ineffective touches and has never been capable of the physical presence that Fog has had over the last few. Possession counts matter, unless you're our oldest and least valuable player.

But we should totally trust the selectors who brought us the sub debacle.

Our club should be put down with a brick.
He was only dropped due to team balance. Berry replaced him. Eventually he will be able to play 15-25% in the middle. He will never be a full time midfielder.

What I don't understand with club selection is how Fog, our 1st round draft selection, hasn't played 30 games yet or had more than 5 games in a row but a rookie in Murphy can get to 50 games before him with half the talent

Exactly. If Fog played for a club like Sydney he would have 50 games under his belt already and starting to really show what he’s made of. The crows of the modern era never back youth.

What I don't understand with club selection is how Fog, our 1st round draft selection, hasn't played 30 games yet or had more than 5 games in a row but a rookie in Murphy can get to 50 games before him with half the talent
It is an interesting observation. Murphy has played 50 games and is averaging 10 disposals per game.

fogs stats don’t readany better over his 25 games though.

Fog being dropped from today’s team no worries, three taller. I’m not necessarily arguing his place.
Maybe Tex should just get out the way after this year.
I'm not convinced that Fogarty will make it, even when Tex does retire. First it was McGovern in his way, but he went and Fog couldn't take his spot. Then it was JJ, but once again Fog couldn't force his way in when JJ left.

Now we have Berg and TT, both of whom have already shown more at AFL level than Fog. Who is to say that we'll stick with a 3x tall structure when Tex rides off into the sunset?

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Dunstall and the co commentators who were watching the game the other day vs the Roos where he kicked 3 all basically said 'this kid can play'.

Personally I think they would have at least some idea.

You have to be a total nut job to look at Fogarty and not think the kid has bags of ability ffs. And I'm worried some of the people running the club are either blind or just don't understand football.
And then they asked whether 5 disposals was enough for him to hold his position week in week out, and agreed that it probably wasn't.

Tell the whole story, not just the part that fits your agenda.

Last edited:
Pretty slender set of circumstances to get Worrell into the team

Talia misses... no
Brown misses... no
Kelly misses... no
Hamill misses... no

So unless Doedee gets dropped is there any path into the team for him?

Or does he need 4+ simultaneous injuries to our preferred backline in order to get a look in?

I hope he's the patient kind.
Worrell needs half the team out and he may be the medical sub. Obviously Nick's is not a fan. My advice to Worrell is to not play so well in the SANFL and he may get in.

Would have left Fog in and dropped one of our repeatedly underperforming smalls in Rowe/Murphy/Macadam/McHenry..... All of who have done nothing for weeks (junk time goals dont count).
I would have dropped both, with Berry replacing Fog, and Newchurch replacing whichever of Rowe & McAdam drew the short straw.

If they're going to play him as a midfielder. No one is suggesting long term he can get by with that little ball as a midfielder full time- but he's played like two games there.

Having said that, his replacement has 250 odd games of getting between 8-11 ineffective touches and has never been capable of the physical presence that Fog has had over the last few. Possession counts matter, unless you're our oldest and least valuable player.

But we should totally trust the selectors who brought us the sub debacle.

Our club should be put down with a brick.
His replacement has played 5 games, and is 18 years old.

You're missing my point...a gun for US. Where is he now? Not at the AFC, that's for sure. So keep going and tell me a top pick, one who slid to us and is still with us or played most of his career with us.
Was Talia a slider? I seem to remember him being rated very highly throughout out the year he was drafted.

Dissapointed to see Fogarty drop out but I understand the decision in terms of team balance. Bringing Berry back into the midfield rotations should help us a fair bit.

I thought Fogarty had improved each week since he came back into the side, he looked much more comfortable last week and started to get more involved. He still has a way to go but some good signs were there. We just seem to be lost as to where to play him at the moment.

Worrell needs half the team out and he may be the medical sub. Obviously Nick's is not a fan. My advice to Worrell is to not play so well in the SANFL and he may get in.
That’s not the case at all. The three he fits to replace are Doedee, Kelly and Seed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back