Opinion Changes V Collingwood - R9 Friday 13th May, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Keath and Gardy plus Cordy (maybe) should be enough cover for Cleary.

He's been played on the wing at times for Footscray so I wonder.......

FWIW for me its not a personal shot at Cleary. Just an opinion that we can ill afford another debutant/inexperienced player coming into the side right now. And a criticism of the philosophy of selection. Our season is on a knifes edge right now.

Rhylee west has been good for a number of weeks in the VFL too. He hasnt got a shot.

You would think he’s an in this week but then again wouldn’t be sure of that

FWIW for me its not a personal shot at Cleary. Just an opinion that we can ill afford another debutant/inexperienced player coming into the side right now. And a criticism of the philosophy of selection. Our season is on a knifes edge right now.

Rhylee west has been good for a number of weeks in the VFL too. He hasnt got a shot.
I have a different take: it's not an experience issue we have at the moment, it's a form/structure issue.

If the coaches think that Cleary can come in and fill a structural hole and/or is in better form than some of our bottom six, he should be in the team.

Khamis came in last week as basically a debutant and looked to provide an extra avenue to goal and somewhat straighten us up inside 50 immediately. I'm all for more guys who can do that, whether they've played 300 games or 0.

I have a different take: it's not an experience issue we have at the moment, it's a form/structure issue.

If the coaches think that Cleary can come in and fill a structural hole and/or is in better form than some of our bottom six, he should be in the team.

Khamis came in last week as basically a debutant and looked to provide an extra avenue to goal and somewhat straighten us up inside 50 immediately. I'm all for more guys who can do that, whether they've played 300 games or 0.

Don’t get me wrong your 100 percent correct with the structure part of this. I have major issues with the revolving door nature of structure.

But the bottom 6/8 players we are putting out on the week aren’t going to get the job done on a consistent basis, of course injury is a significant factor in that but we still have guys like Crozier/West not in the best 22.

And if these 6/8 bottom players aren’t up to it I’d prefer to at least develop young players like JUH/ Jones in the role instead of the usual VFL star who has reached their ceiling at age 25 or so.

Last edited:
I'm guessing Cleary is in for Williams given how awful he's been all day. I hope Crozier gets a game thought, he's been incredibly stiff this year and another one that coaching decisions aren't helping.

One certain change is that 2 of us can't go to our first game this year because of faaaaarkkkking Covid (my wife and I got the results this morning)......have 2 great seats on level 2 basically on the wing....costs $66 each.....any takers???

Attachments

• ticketsPNG.PNG
    ticketsPNG.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 54
Noticed I saw a post on Facebook that Buku kicked 78 goals in under 14’s. I wonder at what age he was transitioned to defence? Under 18 level?

Nonetheless it shows why he’s looked somewhat comfortable forward of the ball given he has spent some time they before (albeit juniors).

Noticed I saw a post on Facebook that Buku kicked 78 goals in under 14’s. I wonder at what age he was transitioned to defence? Under 18 level?

Nonetheless it shows why he’s looked somewhat comfortable forward of the ball given he has spent some time they before (albeit juniors).

I spent 12 months breastfeeding from my mother but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that today

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this rate, Bevo, Chris Grant, Rohan Smith and Matt Spangher will be running out for us soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back