Changes v Fremantle, Rd 21 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be ugly.

Not sure who we have to bring in at this stage... Nicholson an out you would think. Strauss could miss with that broken nose too which would be unfortunate.
I think we will need another tall for Freo's forwards assuming Pav plays.

Dawes certainly won't have to test out his calf too much if he does play, we will have about 15 entries for the whole game.

Agree with Davis back, didn't see the whole game but I'm pretty sure he had no idea how to react whenever the ball came near him up forward. Not an intelligent player it would seem.

The injury list is getting stupid at this point.

It could be worse! Apart from Clark, none of them have anything serious. Mostly soft tissue injuries. We're not in the finals race, or even likely to win another game. I would personally prefer them to keep Frawley out until the end of the year, as well as guys like Jamar, Evans etc. No point risking them for a couple of meaningless games.

Have their holidays and they will be 100% completely right to go for pre-season. Apart from injuries that may occur between now and Round 23, all of the players currently on the injury list should be ready to go by October training.

PS. I really really hope Taggert plays a good game today for Casey. Come on son, give us something to look forward to!

As many of you know I'm Nicho's player sponsor so I watch him very closely. He undoes all of his good work with basic skill errors and poor decision making. He has also been unable to put on any size so he gets knocked aside too easily in the contest.

Nicho is contracted for next year and is a lovely fella. But I really think he is limited at this level. :(

I think he's got a future, his kicking is more decision making then technical - and he wouldn't of played 35 games yet I'd imagine.

Has explosive pace, kicking penetration and good strength.

I think he's got a future, his kicking is more decision making then technical - and he wouldn't of played 35 games yet I'd imagine.

Has explosive pace, kicking penetration and good strength.

He's a great runner but his disposal is horrendous. He also struggles for high numbers.

It's a shame because he's the exact type we need 2 or 3 of in the senior side, but I just couldn't see him getting a game at many/any other clubs.

Out: Nicholson, Byrnes, Davey

In: Magner, Howe, Blease

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Blease play on Saturday? And i like Davey coming on late with fresh legs... Accurate kicking is much needed at the moment.
Other than that 100% agree with the first two

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Blease could be a bit of a player but have noticed that he is in and out of the side a heck of a lot. Could be warranted I don't know. Interested to know your thoughts in here.

When Neeld went maybe he should have been told that he will be played in the side (not as a sub) for the rest of the season and its up to him to show what he can do. That sort of confidence in him may have been the making of him. I just couldn't see a downside to doing this. Maybe I'm way off the mark but I remember a game last year where he may have played at half back and his run was outstanding.

I think Blease could be a bit of a player but have noticed that he is in and out of the side a heck of a lot. Could be warranted I don't know. Interested to know your thoughts in here.

When Neeld went maybe he should have been told that he will be played in the side (not as a sub) for the rest of the season and its up to him to show what he can do. That sort of confidence in him may have been the making of him. I just couldn't see a downside to doing this. Maybe I'm way off the mark but I remember a game last year where he may have played at half back and his run was outstanding.

Blease doesn't really have the tank for playing out a whole games yet. Usually he either has the vest or gets it. I agree an extended run in the side would help him, but at the same time he needs to earn his spot. Apparently confidence isn't something he lacks (according to the MFC media and stuff other supporters have put up, he seems very cocky). I think he just needs the right commitment. Can definitely be an exciting player but doesn't do enough defensively and usually doesn't get enough of the ball offensively to be really effective.

OUT: Nicholson, Davey, M Jones
IN: Rodan, Blease, Howe

Only not dropping Davis as this is his last shot.

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Blease play on Saturday? And i like Davey coming on late with fresh legs... Accurate kicking is much needed at the moment.
Other than that 100% agree with the first two
No Blease didn't play, I think we are playing too many small flanker type of players hence why I have Nicholson, Byrnes and Davey out, I would like more solid players like Magner in but we don't have a lot to choose from. While Blease is a similar type of player he is the future for us as a quick small forward/winger, like Tigerman said before I think he should be playing to build his confidence and get as much experience as possible, he is out of contract and I fear he'll leave looking for better opportunity elsewhere because we are playing Byrnes and Davey who's careers are coming to an end.

Blease doesn't really have the tank for playing out a whole games yet. Usually he either has the vest or gets it. I agree an extended run in the side would help him, but at the same time he needs to earn his spot. Apparently confidence isn't something he lacks (according to the MFC media and stuff other supporters have put up, he seems very cocky). I think he just needs the right commitment. Can definitely be an exciting player but doesn't do enough defensively and usually doesn't get enough of the ball offensively to be really effective.

Thanks for the reply Dory. I guess to still have a question mark regarding his tank after 30 games in 5 seasons you can only say that his career is really at the crossroads. Maybe he might be one of the many players who seem to get a reprieve when there is a change of coach. He seems talented from an outsiders view.

Thanks for the reply Dory. I guess to still have a question mark regarding his tank after 30 games in 5 seasons you can only say that his career is really at the crossroads. Maybe he might be one of the many players who seem to get a reprieve when there is a change of coach. He seems talented from an outsiders view.

He's definitely talented, and has plenty of pace which we sorely lack. In terms of his tank, I don't think he really knows when to use his pace to best effect, so winds up buggered before he can really have an impact on a game. He's very much a burst player I feel.

First two seasons were really a write-off after coming back from that broken leg.

Has shown signs that he could be a very, very damaging player but is miles away from a complete package. Might be the type who responds under the right coach, or might forever remain and incomplete player who fades away into delist land.

MRP have just announced Clisby will be suspended for three matches for rough conduct on Sexton, so add him to the outs. This is getting ridiculous.

*, that's a bit stiff - surely they didn't count his shoulder dislocation as part of the conduct?? As far as I could tell he did that when he tried to get up...

****, that's a bit stiff - surely they didn't count his shoulder dislocation as part of the conduct?? As far as I could tell he did that when he tried to get up...

I'd say the damage was done when Sexton was thrown to ground, but the 3 week penalty come from the arm bar that Clisby put Sexton in, despite him being on the ground in agony.

I'm not too sure which player it was, but even one of his Melbourne team mates had a bit of a go at Clisby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back