Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sun 21 April 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Worpel, newcombe and Nash have been terribly inefective(at best) this season. They've got to get it together at some stage, but they've been bog average.

Our turn over game is strong. It's getting it past the edge of the centre square which has hurt us - because of the likes of worpel, Nash, newcombe who have been wasting the inside 50

Nekminit

In: I don’t care

Out: I don’t care

Hand the keys back, we’re done. Take our licence away.

No point going to a s**t show of a game/ team especially 4pm on a Sunday. It’s no longer a 50/50 game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I will be there because I am a true North supporter and so should you

Now that we've passed a really tough part of the fixture I just hope that the players don't get complacent in terms of who they are playing against.

Because these middle/bottom teams will put us to the sword if we let them.

We don't have to win necessarily but at the very least show a good account of our selves.

View attachment 1960519

17 players under 100 games

13 under 50

One persons excuse is another’s reality.

We are no younger or less experienced than Hawthorn (or the Gold Coast).

We won't be able to use that 'reality' this week.

Total Players By Games​
Gold CoastGamesHawthorn
10Less than 5012
550 to 995
5100 to 1492
2150 to 2004
1200 or more0

Now that we've passed a really tough part of the fixture I just hope that the players don't get complacent in terms of who they are playing against.

Because these middle/bottom teams will put us to the sword if we let them.

We don't have to win necessarily but at the very least show a good account of our selves.
The idea that they could be the slightest bit complacent after winning 12 of their last 89 games is mind boggling.

The idea that they could be the slightest bit complacent after winning 12 of their last 89 games is mind boggling.
It's been well documented that we've had a really tough start in our fixture and the players would be aware of that. You say mind boggling but it could be the opposite. 'OH we're finally playing some lesser teams and we might pinch a win in the next month'

The reality is with our starting line up against any opposition is tough....there are no easy wins.

Did you see what West Coast did to Richmond yesterday? That team playing against us would have beaten us by 50+ points.

Last edited:
View attachment 1960519

17 players under 100 games

13 under 50

One persons excuse is another’s reality.

I couldn’t care less as we all know we are the youngest team in the afl. It adds nothing to why we are dishing up garbage every week, it kind of pushes the blame to the young brigade when our leaders should be showing the way.

I suppose what else are we supposed to say at this point 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Stephens, McDonald, Corr, Tucker
In: Phillips, Hardeman, Dawson, Zurharr
If Kerch isn't fit bring Archer in

• Scott to the wing
  • Sheez and Ford the other wing (Hardeman takes Sheez half back spot) Aim to get as many i50's as possible
  • Simpkin, Zurharr, Sheez and Curtis cba's. Nowhere near enough rotations in there
  • Wardlaw, Powell and Phillips go forward when Simpkin, Zurharr and Curtis go into the middle to get their TOG up and give more opportunities to impact the game

Out: Stephens, McDonald, Corr, Tucker
In: Phillips, Hardeman, Dawson, Zurharr
If Kerch isn't fit bring Archer in

• Scott to the wing
  • Sheez and Ford the other wing (Hardeman takes Sheez half back spot) Aim to get as many i50's as possible
  • Simpkin, Zurharr, Sheez and Curtis cba's. Nowhere near enough rotations in there
  • Wardlaw, Powell and Phillips go forward when Simpkin, Zurharr and Curtis go into the middle to get their TOG up and give more opportunities to impact the game
IMG_6740.gif

Worpel, newcombe and Nash have been terribly inefective(at best) this season. They've got to get it together at some stage, but they've been bog average.

Our turn over game is strong. It's getting it past the edge of the centre square which has hurt us - because of the likes of worpel, Nash, newcombe who have been wasting the inside 50

Thanks for dropping by. Many of us are probably more nervous than you are. We are a comedy-of-errors of a football team. Most of us have the Benny Hill theme going in our heads half the time. You'll get plenty of hope for the future out of this game. Not so sure we will.

Thanks for dropping by. Many of us are probably more nervous than you are. We are a comedy-of-errors of a football team. Most of us have the Benny Hill theme going in our heads half the time. You'll get plenty of hope for the future out of this game. Not so sure we will.
This is the only game where we can mutually take the p155 out if each other without any backlash... unless you lot win, then I'm deleting my posts and moving to the north pole

I gave myself 24 hours before posting in this thread so I wouldn’t be emotional and instead be reasonable with changes expectations.

Out: Lmac, Corr, Tucker (happy if the 3 of you just play out your contracts in the VFL, but please stay away from the kids we don’t want you influencing them) Stephens, fisher, (go win a hardball in the 2s and then we might talk) Zane (go and kick 6 at Box Hill you need a break from all the losing), Colby (have a week off if you are hurt/even if you are not just have a week off), Jy, X, Powell, Laz (go get some touch in the 2s as a midfield unit, you need the practice), Sellers (sorry but you had a chance), greenwood ( 5 touches playing a full game isn’t great , sorry), George W (see Zane’s reasons), LdU (you deserve a weekend on the surf, blokes here potting you for not winning every single clearance and contest) Paul C, larks and Fordy (go back and work on your cohesion as a forward line in the 2s). Biggy and Chom (better you get games with young Will Dawson as a unit so we can blood you all together)

In: Harry ( you can stay). Thank god for you

What I want to see:

Out:

Corr - stop directing people to take your guy at the last second... doesnt make you or them look good.

Tucker - don't actually know what his role is, would rather a young player run around gathering 10ish (guessing) possessions

Colby - if injured

In:

K Dawson - simply in better form than Corr, the other keys are also in better form

Phillips - need his grunt in the middle, need him to stand up and make this team his

Hardemen - an actual back pocket playing back pocket 😱😱😱

What will happen:

Out: Sellers
In: Zurhar

Yawn
🥱🥱🥱🥱
1713182550292.png
1713182526504.png

21 possessions. I wasn't able to watch the match (in hindsight, thankfully) but I assume that they were'nt impactful possessions

A couple of things for me:

We don’t have run and spread across the ground. It hurts how much offensive and defensive options you have.

We are setup poorly and for some reason are ultra defensive with a group that are not defensive, we just don’t play on instinct.

We need to regularly change up the group, we are easy to plan against. Zurhaar and Curtis should be in there at times, Greenwood too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Didn't we get Fisher and Stephens to give us more run and spread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sun 21 April 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back